Old Jan 28, 2010, 08:31 PM
It's not going to build itself
Aliso Viejo,CA
Joined Aug 2005
6,094 Posts
Cool
Aerobatic glider

http://www.flixxy.com/world-champion...ane-pilots.htm

A flying buddy sent me this, kinda cool.
Tom
TRISME is online now Find More Posts by TRISME
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2010, 09:35 PM
Queens, NY
Joined Mar 2004
530 Posts
After that

Check this one out

http://www.flixxy.com/jet-man.htm

ZM
Smyk is offline Find More Posts by Smyk
Old Jan 29, 2010, 04:12 AM
-----
Ireland, County Kerry, Kerry
Joined Dec 2005
6,896 Posts
Woodstock 1 is online now Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
Last edited by Woodstock 1; Jan 29, 2010 at 03:54 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 06:20 AM
Vini, Vidi, Scalies
Ireland, Dublin, Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown
Joined Oct 2003
682 Posts
Hi Chris,

Why idiot on the second video ?

I think he is seen like a pioneer by his fellow skydivers and in the world of aviation in general.
LoopingFred is online now Find More Posts by LoopingFred
Old Jan 29, 2010, 11:55 AM
-----
Joined Dec 2005
6,896 Posts
Last edited by Woodstock 1; Jan 29, 2010 at 03:54 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 12:30 PM
Killingworth CT
Joined Nov 2008
2,525 Posts
sometimes it best to keep the thoughts inside, Like this one.
Lbuff1 is offline Find More Posts by Lbuff1
Old Jan 29, 2010, 12:53 PM
Vini, Vidi, Scalies
Ireland, Dublin, Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown
Joined Oct 2003
682 Posts
Hmmm might be cool to try to copy the program they are doing on an aerotow event !
LoopingFred is online now Find More Posts by LoopingFred
Old Jan 31, 2010, 06:53 AM
-----
Joined Dec 2005
6,896 Posts
I'm sorry if my earlier comments were uncool, but I can't get this guy in the second vid out of my mind.

How much Kerosene does he carry with him? Does he also carry Propane for starting the jets? How does he start the jets (where is the obligatory fire extinguisher)? Has he seen the fireball you sometimes get when model jets crash? Does he "fly" over populated areas?

I remain worried...
Old Jan 31, 2010, 07:03 AM
Killingworth CT
Joined Nov 2008
2,525 Posts
Worry wart,
With that mindset. I hope you dont drive a car, or fly rc or walk down stairs. Whatever you do, dont go on an airliner.. If NASA thought like that, we wouldn't have a space program and certainly wouldn't have advancements in technology.
Thank goodness there are folks like that who can pave the way for others who cant or wont.
oh...be careful, the microwave might get the food too hot, then what??

lb
Lbuff1 is offline Find More Posts by Lbuff1
Old Jan 31, 2010, 09:27 AM
Elmhurst, NY (Queens in NYC)
Joined Apr 2004
7,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvanscho View Post
I'm sorry if my earlier comments were uncool, but I can't get this guy in the second vid out of my mind.

How much Kerosene does he carry with him? Does he also carry Propane for starting the jets? How does he start the jets (where is the obligatory fire extinguisher)? Has he seen the fireball you sometimes get when model jets crash? Does he "fly" over populated areas?

I remain worried...
He is an ex fighter pilot and a current airline captain. I think he is as concerned with safety as anyone since it is his life on the line if something goes wrong. His name is Yves Rossi and he has had a lot of successful flights with his gear. His flights are carefully planned so I don't think he flies over populated areas and yells "Yoo Hoo" while waving and saying, "Looka Meee."

Yeah, not my cup of tea. I'd rather sit inside when I fly, where it is warm and comfortable, but there is a long history of people who have made costumes with wings and built balsa wings and stuff like that, all so they could feel like they were personally flying. Rossi is the latest and by far the most successful and envied by those who would like to try it.

As for understanding his gear and how it works, airline captains have to know the maintenance manual of their aircraft backwards and forwards before they can take command. I think he probably knows every part of his gear, how it works and what the possible failure modes are and what to do about any eventualities.

I don't think he is either crazy or a publicity hound. He just wants to fly.

I am not criticizing you for your doubts, I am just trying to say that the man knows what he is doing.

Pete
PeteSchug is offline Find More Posts by PeteSchug
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some Books About Flying
Old Jan 31, 2010, 11:57 AM
-----
Joined Dec 2005
6,896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbuff1 View Post
Worry wart,
With that mindset. I hope you dont drive a car, or fly rc or walk down stairs. Whatever you do, dont go on an airliner.. If NASA thought like that, we wouldn't have a space program and certainly wouldn't have advancements in technology.
Thank goodness there are folks like that who can pave the way for others who cant or wont.
oh...be careful, the microwave might get the food too hot, then what??

lb
Those are trite, invalid, and sarcastic comparisons.

I grew up in the 1950's and 60's when kids went outside all day and did what the hell they liked, no health and safety then. Just some reason and balance is required, and most importantly, responsibility. No reason and balance in your post, I'm afraid.

Pete's post does put one's mind at rest. So often these utube vids are just sensation-seekers, one doesn't know.