SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 27, 2010, 05:37 PM
Joined Jan 2010
9 Posts
Discussion
Help - Propeak Sigma 2 EQ & NIMH Batteries

Hope someone can help. Just got a Sigma 2 EQ Charger to charge up my NIMH batteries that i use for my gliders. Have just received my new charger and want to test it. All of my batteries are 4.8v NIMH batteries with standard 3 pin (red, black, spare) male connectors, but not quite sure which port i connect the battery into or even if i need an additional lead. There are 5 ports in the chargers RH side marked 2 thro to 6 cells and a balancer board which looks like it must be for LIPOs. My batterys all have 3 connector male leads on but the only port on the right hand side with 3 pins is makred as 2 cells, im a tad confused. Can anybody advise as the last thing i want to do is knacker the charger of batteries.
meonflyer is offline Find More Posts by meonflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2010, 08:30 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,834 Posts
You do not charge Ni packs by connecting to a chargers balancing ports. You use the main power output leads.

LiPoly are charged CC / CV and balanced Ni are peak charged.
Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Jan 29, 2010, 02:21 PM
Joined Jan 2010
9 Posts
Thanks Charles, finally sussed out the lead that came with the charger was for lipos, purchased some additional leads and now it all makes sense!!
meonflyer is offline Find More Posts by meonflyer