HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 27, 2010, 04:25 PM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,896 Posts
Discussion
The Roos Brothers on the Rc Radio Network Tuesday 02/02/10

There is a new RC centric Radio station on-line called the RC Radio Network. Live classic rock Music 24/7 and every Tuesday night a LIVE Broadcast (called Air Show) hosting guest in the studio and from all over the world.

Each Air Show features Talk, live Chat, streaming video and pushed images to complement the conversation. RCRN is also able to take calls with questions for our guest. Our Podcast, (incase you miss the live show) also features interactivity with the images from the live show imbedded in the feed.

Anyway the point of this is Next Tuesday 02/02/10 The Roos Brothers will be live in the RCRN studio.

Join us for Air Show live at 8:30 PM EST on February second as we review the latest RC products and world events dealing with Radio Control.

Have you ever enjoyed watching the beauty of a long winged sailplane grace the sky? The grace and excitment of a sailplane climbing out in a thermal is exciting to watch and even more exciting if you are at the controls.

Air Show is excited to have the Roos Brothers with us in the Mercury studio, Buddy and Walter Roos are Atlanta based brothers with a tremendous amount of knowledge and expertiese in Remote control sailplanes.

Join us as we discuss all aspects of soaring including Slope, Thermal duration and the latest craze DLG or discus launch gliders. We will spend time discussing competition and construction tips to keep you on top of your game as well as info to help you get into sailplanes if you want to try soaring.

Buddy and Walter have also had exciting careers in Motorcycle racing and I am sure we will spend some time discussing the brothers background in this area as well as everything you can think of in the soaring world.

See more info by visiting RC Radio Network, check out last weeks PodCast and sign up for our newsletter to be reminded of future shows and be sure to tune in and listen to Buddy and Walter next week.
atlav8r is offline Find More Posts by atlav8r
Site Sponsor
Last edited by atlav8r; Feb 01, 2010 at 01:34 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2010, 05:09 PM
Walter Roos
Canton, Ga.
Joined Aug 2004
3,195 Posts
Now That we're Famous

Maybe we can become Pin ups like Bruce Davidson
Move to California and become West Coast DLG Bums, we're doing a pretty good job of that here in Georgia.

Guess some may wonder what Cliff has on us, that we would go on the air to embarass ourselves and cliff. Well I'm getting to the point of posting so much here on RC Groups that I'm looking like a "Know it All" which I know I don't, but still I do have some fun with all this stuff, and Brother Buddy , as many of you Handlaunch guys know, does like to tell stories, and has been doing Handlaunch and other Soaring forever. And Cliff's a good friend, guess he couldn't get his brother Bob (excellent DLG flier ) to do the show.

Should be Fun, we are looking forward to the experience.

walt

PS Cliff,
I am trying to get those photos together for your show. should I bring the Banjo and the Canoe?
ROOSWH is offline Find More Posts by ROOSWH
Last edited by ROOSWH; Jan 27, 2010 at 05:36 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 01:22 AM
I broke it
USA, NC, Clayton
Joined Feb 2001
5,768 Posts
Quote:
Brother Buddy
Hot air rises...
David Hogue is offline Find More Posts by David Hogue
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2010, 06:57 AM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,896 Posts
Walter the Banjo will be great, we can patch it in the mixer easily and we have room for the Canoe too but I really want to see the Gyro copter.

After seeing some of the photos I have been receiving from you two (and others) this is going to be a really fun week on Air Show.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 28, 2010, 04:38 PM
Walter Roos
Canton, Ga.
Joined Aug 2004
3,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hogue View Post
Hot air rises...
David,
Are you saying that Buddy makes his own thermals ??

I'm thinking you may be on to something there.

walt
Cliff,
tomorrow on those photos, for sure.
Still working on a few photos, all my old stuff is on slides, so I went for a new scanner. Really needed it anyway.
Last edited by ROOSWH; Jan 30, 2010 at 12:25 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 11:09 AM
Jeff Carr
Ft. Mill SC / Charlotte NC
Joined Mar 2001
2,672 Posts
Guys

Im not sure if have listened at all to this broadcast but it is very well run. It professional as far as I am concerned. Very interactive and just plain enjoyable.

If you guys dont know Buddy and Walter they are very interesting characters. They have been in this sport for a very long time.

Log in and ask questions along the way. You can phone in too. It really is pretty cool the way its setup.

Tueday nite at 2030 or 8:30 est. You can also navigate it thru the Atlanta
Hobby web site.

Jeff
Goinav8n is offline Find More Posts by Goinav8n
Old Jan 30, 2010, 03:37 PM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROOSWH View Post
David,
Are you saying that Buddy makes his own thermals ??

I'm thinking you may be on to something there.

walt
I think he can make his own thermals and I felt real small one day when I was working my but off in a thermal and here comes buddy climbing right through me ......... inverted!
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 30, 2010, 08:04 PM
Walter Roos
Canton, Ga.
Joined Aug 2004
3,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlav8r View Post
I think he can make his own thermals and I felt real small one day when I was working my but off in a thermal and here comes buddy climbing right through me ......... inverted!
The question is: Did he know he was inverted

Jeff, How about you just drive on over and join in the fun, I think it's also indoor flying night just outside the studio Tuesday. You do fly a little 3D I'll bet. Don't worry I always have a big first aid kit with me when we fly 3D.

walt
More Photos coming Sunday, Many are just for your own enjoyment----or not.
Last edited by ROOSWH; Jan 30, 2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 08:37 PM
Jeff Carr
Ft. Mill SC / Charlotte NC
Joined Mar 2001
2,672 Posts
Walter

I will be in Sunny Scotsdale AZ working. Well Ill be flying my DLG a little and having a beer or 2 so I cant come on over. Ill listen from my hotel Tuesday nite

Jeff
Goinav8n is offline Find More Posts by Goinav8n
Old Jan 30, 2010, 09:45 PM
Bob W
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Jul 2003
922 Posts
Sounds like an interesting airshow on tap! I've clicked in on a couple shows so far and been impressed. I recognize that AVA in the Roos Brothers logo BTW..I remember getting my butt kicked by it and Buddy at Midsouth couple years ago.
Bob
tigroot is offline Find More Posts by tigroot
Old Jan 30, 2010, 09:45 PM
It's a mere flesh wound!
Woodstock,Ga.
Joined Jun 2004
1,125 Posts
About 15 years ago, I saw Joe Wurts thermal inverted at the NATS and was determined to learn how to do it. I tried it many times in the years after that without any sucess.

Then...One day, completely by accident, I discovered "THE SECRET" to thermaling inverted. I've done it many times since that day. Maybe I'll reveal "THE SECRET" Tuesday night!!

Buddy
Buddy Roos is offline Find More Posts by Buddy Roos
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2010, 06:18 AM
Bob W
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Jul 2003
922 Posts
I want to know when and what got you started in RC gliders also what kind of planes you have flown. I'll be tuning in..
Bob
tigroot is offline Find More Posts by tigroot
Old Feb 01, 2010, 06:59 AM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,896 Posts
A little taste

A little Taste of what is to come!
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 01, 2010, 01:21 PM
It was just a flesh wound!
San Diego, CA
Joined Sep 2007
2,226 Posts
Lookin' forward to it. Question...the RC Radio Network site shows it as Feb. 2. Which is it...the 2nd or the 9th?

Dale
he4gott is offline Find More Posts by he4gott
Old Feb 01, 2010, 01:30 PM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,896 Posts
Hi Dale,
Tomorrow night 2nd.
Where did you see it posted as the 9th?
CW

Never mind I found it and fixed it.
Thanks for the heads up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by he4gott View Post
Lookin' forward to it. Question...the RC Radio Network site shows it as Feb. 2. Which is it...the 2nd or the 9th?

Dale
Site Sponsor