2,348 Posts
Wow, I made the front page twice!
Cory is online now Find More Posts by Cory
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 29, 2010, 10:36 PM
USA, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Mar 2001
1,837 Posts
Man, I can't believe it's that close! I started working on 5 PSS models over the winter and none are finished. I do have a couple I'll bring that are well qualified and 2 of the 3 will be for sale (BD5 and a gorgous Telos). I'll have some light air stuff, which I didn't bring the last time I was there (and spent most of the flying time watching others fly their light air stuff.) I'll have my NYX F3B for some heavy air and my Multiplex ASW27 2M and hopefully my big 5M ASW22, which will also be for sale. I have to get the radio setup in the ASW22 and clean it up as it's been sitting for a while. My Muller Ellipse in both glider and electric versions will come along and if it makes it here in time I'll bring my Espadita (that I've had on order over a year!!!!!) And just in case, I'll have some electric foam warbirds and hotliners just in case.

Can't wait to see all my flying buddies from the corners of the country, including NY (Joe, Dave and the gang) and HI (Brian). Hopefully Dave Reese will be there rocking the slope and all of the new friends I haven't met yet but deal with here on RCG.

I look forward to seeing everyone in about 2 months!

George Voss
Oklahoma City
gavoss is offline Find More Posts by gavoss
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by gavoss; Jun 30, 2010 at 03:22 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 09:32 AM
Pledged to Always Chase Wind
USA, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2004
1,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slope P View Post
Is there camping at POM or near by?

LP
Yes you can camp on the point of the mountain. There are restrooms but no running water. Last time there was a good crew camping. We hope more will be camping this year. I know I will have my tent trailer there for the weekend.

-Spencer-
deputybuzz is offline Find More Posts by deputybuzz
Old Jun 30, 2010, 10:08 AM
Sky Surfers
USA, ID, Hailey
Joined Apr 2005
2,429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavoss View Post
Man, I can't believe it's that close! I started working on 5 PSS models over the winter and none are finished.

I look forward to seeing everyone in about 2 months!

George Voss
Oklahoma City
Same here only I've had a BD-5 from Marty Hill that's not done.....since '08 .

I'll have my tent trailer there too .

Pete in Idaho
-=RCpeterV=- is offline Find More Posts by -=RCpeterV=-
Last edited by -=RCpeterV=-; Jun 30, 2010 at 10:59 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 02:35 PM
Vitruvian JART
San Francisco
Joined Mar 2003
5,023 Posts
Add me to the camping crew!
Reed is offline Find More Posts by Reed
Old Jun 30, 2010, 03:20 PM
USA, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Mar 2001
1,837 Posts
Reed To? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

I forgot to add my custom JART to the flying list!

Can't wait to finally meet you. George
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 01, 2010, 12:29 PM
USA, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2004
1,627 Posts
Hotel Information coming soon

We are working on some more details now. Will try to post a recommended hotel plus a few alternates. Anything is Lehi or Sandy, or Draper will be a short 5 minute drive to the point. Salt Lake City Downtown hotels will offer restaurants, bars and shopping malls in walking distance and will only be about 15-20 minute drive to the point.

You can PM or email me if anyone has specific questions.

-Spencer-
Old Jul 05, 2010, 12:34 PM
Just For The Fun Of It
Boulder, CO
Joined Aug 2004
956 Posts
Spencer:

I'll be a newbie at Soar Utah, tho' I've been a "slope junkie" for several years. I've registered.

Regarding camping with a small travel trailer at/near POTM, do we need to make reservations, or just show up? Is the campsite obvious for someone who hasn't been there before?

Do some folks generally arrive a day or two before the event? And / or stay after?

... Greg Hine
Boulder, CO
Greg Hine is offline Find More Posts by Greg Hine
Old Jul 05, 2010, 01:07 PM
USA, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Mar 2001
1,837 Posts
Greg, yes people come early and stay late. It's truely an "event" and there are many great people to meet and fly with, and of course the slope is the best inland slope IMHO. 'Hope to see you there. George
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 05, 2010, 01:48 PM
USA, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2004
1,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnFlyBoy View Post
Regarding camping with a small travel trailer at/near POTM, do we need to make reservations, or just show up? Is the campsite obvious for someone who hasn't been there before?

Do some folks generally arrive a day or two before the event? And / or stay after?
Anywhere near the road is OK for camping. Just stay clear of any landing areas. The attached image I found should help. Also refer to the google earth file.

The Point of the Mountain is very unique and can offer a huge range of conditions over many choices of terrain. The more time you spend on point the more you love it.

The days before and after the event there will be hang gliders and para gliders in the main bowl. Be sure to fly from the West End at the Main RC Area. Use a spotter to announce passing hang/para gliders.

-Spencer-
Last edited by deputybuzz; Jul 05, 2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old Jul 05, 2010, 02:36 PM
I land when i CFIT!
USA, UT, Sandy
Joined May 2007
873 Posts
That's some damn fine diagramming there Spence!!!
flytrip is online now Find More Posts by flytrip
Old Jul 05, 2010, 03:31 PM
USA, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Mar 2001
1,837 Posts
Question for planning purposes:

The schedule says that there will be snacks and drinks on Thursday, a mountain side dinner on Friday, and lunch all 3 days, not counting the dinner/raffle/awards. Are there fees to these other meals and if so, how much? I need to make a budget for the trip. Thanks. George
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 05, 2010, 06:58 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2003
2,477 Posts
Quote:
The schedule says that there will be snacks and drinks on Thursday, a mountain side dinner on Friday, and lunch all 3 days, not counting the dinner/raffle/awards. Are there fees to these other meals and if so, how much? I need to make a budget for the trip. Thanks. George
Guess at home the food is free???

Spencer

will be there one prefered Motel /Hotel.

Cheers
Thomas
wakumann is offline Find More Posts by wakumann
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 05, 2010, 07:36 PM
USA, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Mar 2001
1,837 Posts
Thomas, I thought it might be included in the entry fee. George
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 05, 2010, 11:35 PM
USA, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2004
1,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavoss View Post
Question for planning purposes:

Thursday will just be casual snacks and cold drinks. Don't expect a potluck meal but refreshments will be free.

Friday night is usually the deep fried turkey's and sides. We will use a donation bucket for this meal.

The Saturday Breakfast, Saturday lunch and Sunday lunch will cost a few bucks so come prepared. We will have $1 cold drinks and snacks for sale throughout the days to help guys get the most flying time.