HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by DaveWhitt, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 11:01 AM
Joined Jan 2010
60 Posts
Trader Rating: 16
Sold
Eflite Blade mSR BNF For Sale $80 or trade

I have an almost new mSR for sale that I purchased about a week ago. It is the BNF version without the transmitter. Everything that comes new with it including, the battery charger, manual, box, etc. is included. The helicopter is very responsive but exhibits the TBE and I am not proficient enough to fix it. Asking $80 shipped to CONUS with payment through PayPal. Can email photos if required. Would consider a trade for a RTF Exceed 2.4 GHz Big Outdoor Lama that flies perfectly.
DaveWhitt is offline Find More Posts by DaveWhitt
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2010, 11:36 AM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Feb 2006
39 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
I will take it send me pp info
email me some photos
Thanks,
al2004 is offline Find More Posts by al2004
Last edited by al2004; Jan 26, 2010 at 10:09 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 11:54 AM
USA, VA, Merrifield
Joined Jun 2008
233 Posts
Trader Rating: 121
How much TBE? They pretty much all exhibit a little TBE in some situations, don't they?
signal7 is offline Find More Posts by signal7
Old Jan 26, 2010, 12:15 PM
Joined Dec 2009
0 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Tbe?

At the risk of revealing just how uninformed on Heli's I am, what is TB?
pastorags is offline Find More Posts by pastorags
Old Jan 26, 2010, 12:21 PM
SF Bay Area
Joined Jun 2007
69 Posts
Trader Rating: 9
When you take a dump and it hurts!

All kidding aside.

Toilet bowl effect (TBE) is an artifact that coaxial helicopters can suffer from. The helicopter will move rapidly in a circle (anywhere from 10cm-1m or more in diameter) while maintaining the same heading without pilot input (kind of like something being flushed down a toilet or sink). If caught early by the pilot it can be stopped, but it becomes increasingly difficult to fly and stop toilet bowl effect at the same time.
TBE is probably caused by gyroscopic precession of one or both rotors, and is usually traced to a rotor imbalance (such as bent inner or outer main shaft, too-tight or unevenly tight main blade grips, unbalanced flybar, or poor blade tracking, or blade balancing).
Poor trim can make a helicopter more prone to toilet bowl effect.
critters is offline Find More Posts by critters
Old Jan 26, 2010, 01:04 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Feb 2006
39 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
Paypal sent.
al2004 is offline Find More Posts by al2004
Old Jan 27, 2010, 07:15 AM
Joined Jan 2010
1,126 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by critters View Post
When you take a dump and it hurts!

All kidding aside.

Toilet bowl effect (TBE) is an artifact that coaxial helicopters can suffer from. The helicopter will move rapidly in a circle (anywhere from 10cm-1m or more in diameter) while maintaining the same heading without pilot input (kind of like something being flushed down a toilet or sink). If caught early by the pilot it can be stopped, but it becomes increasingly difficult to fly and stop toilet bowl effect at the same time.
TBE is probably caused by gyroscopic precession of one or both rotors, and is usually traced to a rotor imbalance (such as bent inner or outer main shaft, too-tight or unevenly tight main blade grips, unbalanced flybar, or poor blade tracking, or blade balancing).
Poor trim can make a helicopter more prone to toilet bowl effect.
Sounds great and all but the mSR is a single rotor heli... and is normally caused by a slightly bent flybar on the mSR.
Gadflyii is offline Find More Posts by Gadflyii
Old Jan 27, 2010, 04:34 PM
Gilbert, AZ
Joined Aug 2008
271 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadflyii View Post
Sounds great and all but the mSR is a single rotor heli... and is normally caused by a slightly bent flybar on the mSR.
I'm going to try that, is that why they give you a spare?
verticalpilot is offline Find More Posts by verticalpilot
Closed Thread