HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 26, 2010, 10:49 AM
Joined Oct 2007
702 Posts
Question
Hobbypeople.net sale schedule

I'm wondering if anyone knows or is familiar with Hobbypeople.net's sales schedule and how frequently they repeat sale item prices? Basically, I missed the boat on a really good price and I'm wondering if I won't see that same item on sale again for another year, or just a couple of months? I suppose supply and demand affects which products they put on sale, and when, but if someone has noticed that they do repeat prices/sales I might be inclined to wait it out!

Thanks in advance.
MinneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by MinneFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2010, 01:41 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinneFlyer View Post
I'm wondering if anyone knows or is familiar with Hobbypeople.net's sales schedule and how frequently they repeat sale item prices? Basically, I missed the boat on a really good price and I'm wondering if I won't see that same item on sale again for another year, or just a couple of months? I suppose supply and demand affects which products they put on sale, and when, but if someone has noticed that they do repeat prices/sales I might be inclined to wait it out!

Thanks in advance.
Alot of times, their really good sale prices are for items that are being closed out or discontinued, unfortunately. I missed the boat on several of these over the years.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Jan 26, 2010, 03:55 PM
Joined Oct 2007
702 Posts
Hey - thanks for the reply Doubletap... that's what I was afraid of. It looks like I might just have to bite the bullet and buy my item at full price for fear that they might not carry it anymore!
MinneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by MinneFlyer
Old Jan 26, 2010, 04:48 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinneFlyer View Post
Hey - thanks for the reply Doubletap... that's what I was afraid of. It looks like I might just have to bite the bullet and buy my item at full price for fear that they might not carry it anymore!
Yeah, whenever something looks crazy cheap, like 50-60% off their normal prices, chances are it's a one time closeout.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 05:24 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Mar 2004
1,169 Posts
sign up for their email list. usually look for sale before or after holidays. there is a sale now till the end of the month. Look for one in Feb. some president Bday
lv2soar is offline Find More Posts by lv2soar
Old Jan 26, 2010, 05:27 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2soar View Post
sign up for their email list. usually look for sale before or after holidays. there is a sale now till the end of the month. Look for one in Feb. some president Bday
Yep; good advice. They sometimes have 1, 2 or 3 day sales via their email flyers that are not generally advertised to the public. I've scored some smoking deals through some of those.