Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 25, 2010, 03:27 PM
Joined Nov 2009
2 Posts
Discussion
need help with Exceed / WK g006 Gyro setup

Hello everybody,
I'm new to this great hobby, but progressing nicely.
I just experienced my first crash with my T-rex 450 after a month of practice, nothing serious though.
I have another heli, a t-rex clone (second hand, was given to me) with what seems to be an Exceed G006 gyro, and this thing is giving me a hard time.
I can't seem to get this gyro to work properly. the bird is spinning on the spot as soon as I rev up the motor.
I'm trying all kind of setting on my DX7 radio, mainly playing with the programable mixing because this gyro is not remotely programable on the radio.
I have Throttle to Rudder mixing activated but regardless of the values, the heli is still not steady on the ground, so let alone trying it in a hover...
The gyro is connected to the Spektrum ar6100e receiver via AUX channel, and is getting the signal from the DX7 when I move the rudder stick. When in AVCS mode the gyro red light flickers when moving the stick and steady otherwise.
Can anyone help me setting up this thing so I can fly this bird.
Thank you in advance.
philippets is offline Find More Posts by philippets
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2010, 11:35 AM
Isleton,ca.
Joined Jun 2005
270 Posts
Mixing ?

You might try reversing the gyro with the little switch on the gyro.
Also you DON"T use mixing with electrics, (helis). And you don't have to have remote gyro adjust , adjusting it on the ground is fine. there should be a little
pot adjusting screw.
T Tail is offline Find More Posts by T Tail
Old Jan 26, 2010, 11:44 AM
Isleton,ca.
Joined Jun 2005
270 Posts
Also you are using AUX for your gyro, it usually is channel 4.
T Tail is offline Find More Posts by T Tail
Old Jan 27, 2010, 07:06 AM
Joined Nov 2009
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Tail View Post
You might try reversing the gyro with the little switch on the gyro.
Also you DON"T use mixing with electrics, (helis). And you don't have to have remote gyro adjust , adjusting it on the ground is fine. there should be a little
pot adjusting screw.
I'll try that, thanks for your input!
philippets is offline Find More Posts by philippets