HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 21, 2010, 11:15 AM
Registered User
saltyzoo's Avatar
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined May 2008
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob HSG View Post
The last few cartoons are outright anti-semetic. I don't report people, but someone should...
That post is pretty chicken-hearted. "I believe in something, but not enough to do anything about it."
saltyzoo is online now Find More Posts by saltyzoo
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2010, 11:54 AM
Not THAT Ira
Real Ira's Avatar
Coupeville, Wa
Joined Jan 2006
4,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyzoo View Post
That post is pretty chicken-hearted. "I believe in something, but not enough to do anything about it."
Maybe he just believes freedom of speech is not intended so we can all talk about puppies and flowers.
Real Ira is offline Find More Posts by Real Ira
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2010, 12:00 PM
Registered User
Pudknocker71's Avatar
Debary, Fl.
Joined Oct 2007
2,312 Posts
I don't begin to understand some of those photos...last one just looks like Paul Sr. from American Chopper :P
Pudknocker71 is offline Find More Posts by Pudknocker71
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2010, 12:04 PM
Registered User
Pudknocker71's Avatar
Debary, Fl.
Joined Oct 2007
2,312 Posts
Bunch from an e-mail I got today...
(PS ... if you feel the need to Ninja me...please at least comment on which one.)
Pudknocker71 is offline Find More Posts by Pudknocker71
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2010, 12:11 PM
Registered User
United States, NC, Surf City
Joined Oct 2003
388 Posts
I like the Yammamoto quote the best. It illustrates the fallacy of the anti-gun control paranoia, because the same fate would await any government that tried to "take away our guns."

But I do think it is reasonable to treat firearms like automobiles, requiring completing some sort of training course to get a permit, and registering the guns so they can be traced when used to commit crimes.
Bob HSG is online now Find More Posts by Bob HSG
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2010, 03:48 PM
Not THAT Ira
Real Ira's Avatar
Coupeville, Wa
Joined Jan 2006
4,722 Posts
Tee hee hee, har har har....
Real Ira is offline Find More Posts by Real Ira
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2010, 11:29 PM
Not THAT Ira
Real Ira's Avatar
Coupeville, Wa
Joined Jan 2006
4,722 Posts
...
Real Ira is offline Find More Posts by Real Ira
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2010, 12:01 AM
56S
Certified Balsa Breaker
56S's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
1,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob HSG View Post
I like the Yammamoto quote the best. It illustrates the fallacy of the anti-gun control paranoia, because the same fate would await any government that tried to "take away our guns."

But I do think it is reasonable to treat firearms like automobiles, requiring completing some sort of training course to get a permit, and registering the guns so they can be traced when used to commit crimes.
It seems as soon as something is registered it soon is taxed. If a tax was added to firearms and ammo that provided training on firearms safety, well maybe. At least in our state the tax is used for something entirely different.
56S is offline Find More Posts by 56S
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2010, 08:50 AM
Registered User
United States, NC, Surf City
Joined Oct 2003
388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56S View Post
It seems as soon as something is registered it soon is taxed. If a tax was added to firearms and ammo that provided training on firearms safety, well maybe. At least in our state the tax is used for something entirely different.
Presumably, unless you bought your gun from a private owner (not a dealer), you already paid sales tax on it, and your bullets as well. For that matter, if the NRA stopped spending millions on anti-gun-control propaganda and lobbying, they could fund free gun-safety classes for all. When I was ten years old, I took an NRA class at my local Boys' Club, and I really think something like that should be required for everyone.

An old Herb Block cartoon -- I've tried to find it, if I could, I'd post it here! -- shows four men: One is walking his dog; another has a fishing pole; the third is driving his car, and the fourth is carrying a rifle. The caption: "Which one of these men doesn't need a license?"

That really is absurd, when you get right down to it!
Bob HSG is online now Find More Posts by Bob HSG
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2010, 09:05 AM
'Merica!
n00b-E's Avatar
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Sep 2007
691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob HSG View Post
Presumably, unless you bought your gun from a private owner (not a dealer), you already paid sales tax on it, and your bullets as well. For that matter, if the NRA stopped spending millions on anti-gun-control propaganda and lobbying, they could fund free gun-safety classes for all. When I was ten years old, I took an NRA class at my local Boys' Club, and I really think something like that should be required for everyone.

An old Herb Block cartoon -- I've tried to find it, if I could, I'd post it here! -- shows four men: One is walking his dog; another has a fishing pole; the third is driving his car, and the fourth is carrying a rifle. The caption: "Which one of these men doesn't need a license?"

That really is absurd, when you get right down to it!
Bob, I'll make a deal with you. You lobby the Dems to halt their gun grabbing ways and I'll lobby the NRA to stop fighting them and start giving out gun safety courses. Oh, and the answer to the caption: the one who has a constitutionally protected right to engage in his activity, right up until he uses it to shoot an animal at which point he needs a license. You're right, the cartoon is absurd.
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2010, 09:10 AM
St. Boondock
FL Knifemaker's Avatar
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Ira View Post
...
He looks alot like our Boston Terrier
FL Knifemaker is offline Find More Posts by FL Knifemaker
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2010, 09:11 AM
St. Boondock
FL Knifemaker's Avatar
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts


Priceless!!
FL Knifemaker is offline Find More Posts by FL Knifemaker
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2010, 09:11 AM
God is good
Viper Pilot's Avatar
Banjul
Joined Jan 2001
4,246 Posts
This traveler was wandering an island occupied entirely by cannibals. He comes upon a butcher shop.

This shop specialised in human brains. The sign in the shop read:

Artists' Brains $9/oz
Philosophers' Brains $12/oz
Scientists' Brains $15/oz
Republicans' Brains $19/oz
Democrats' Brains $2,000/oz

Upon reading the sign, the traveler asked, "Why are the Democrats brains so expensive? They must be a much higher quality brain" The butcher replied, "Are you kidding! Do you have any idea how many Democrats you have to kill to get a ounce of brains?!"
Viper Pilot is offline Find More Posts by Viper Pilot
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2010, 11:10 AM
did a reversed Immelman..once.
SKYPILEIT's Avatar
Novi, Michigan
Joined Nov 2002
2,248 Posts
How many of Obamas' economic advisors have resigned in the last several months.?Is it 3 or 4.?

..hmmm,maybe they can see what's around the corner.
SKYPILEIT is offline Find More Posts by SKYPILEIT
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2010, 11:14 AM
Creations Aberration
Aethertek's Avatar
United States, OR, Newport
Joined Jan 2004
609 Posts
No peace
k~
Aethertek is offline Find More Posts by Aethertek
Last edited by Aethertek; Oct 15, 2011 at 11:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion The week in cartoons... cobalt Life, The Universe, and Politics 2 Oct 24, 2009 02:37 AM
Yippee! Time for some jokes/cartoons ?! userrc Micro Helis 2 Aug 29, 2008 05:47 PM
Discussion So...normal political cartoons or sarge Life, The Universe, and Politics 12 Aug 01, 2008 03:01 PM
Discussion Don't you just love political cartoons? Mr. Wiz Life, The Universe, and Politics 2 Oct 02, 2006 11:19 AM
The problem with political jokes Up&Away Humor 0 Aug 12, 2003 12:45 AM