HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 25, 2010, 01:32 PM
Suspended Account
Gman2's Avatar
land of permaban
Joined Jul 2001
181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge View Post
So far as I can recall, I have only addressed the subject once before, and then I said essentially the same thing that I said today. There is evidence the ACORN has attempted to improperly influence the outcome of elections. I don't recall ever saying conculsively that ACORN has actualy done so - just that there is enough evidence to cause concern.

If I am correct on that count - that evidence sufficient to cause concern exists - then suspicion of ACORN is a perfectly reasonable thing. After all, there are few crimes more dangerous to democracy than subverting an election.
I dont share your level of suspicion. However, I think a report/investigation was warranted to exonerate them. And the report/investigation came back that Acorn the corp was clean.
Gman2 is offline Find More Posts by Gman2
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 01:33 PM
Suspended Account
sarge's Avatar
Fayetteville, NC
Joined Dec 2002
2,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman2 View Post
I dont share your level of suspicion. However, I think a report/investigation was warranted to exonerate them. And the report/investigation came back that Acorn the corp was clean.
Do you happen to know the name of the report, or who authored it? I'd like to look it up.
sarge is offline Find More Posts by sarge
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 01:42 PM
Suspended Account
Gman2's Avatar
land of permaban
Joined Jul 2001
181 Posts
I started looking, I read about it when it was contemporary. Will post when I find it.
Gman2 is offline Find More Posts by Gman2
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 01:47 PM
Registered User
Fishnut's Avatar
Joined Feb 2004
848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman2 View Post
NOT ONE instance of confirmed voter fraud. NOT ONE.
Ya, there are SEVERAL! So I guess, in Clintonspeak, he is not lying .

Here are just five instances: Washington State and Nevada:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124182750646102435.html

Misery, er, Missouri: In April, 2008, eight ACORN employees in St. Louis city and county pleaded guilty to federal election fraud for submitting bogus voter registrations. That came after 2004, when six volunteers pleaded guilty of dozens of election law violations for filling out registration cards with names of dead people and other bogus information. Those came after 1986 (shows you how long this has been going on), when the state of Missouri convicted 12 ACORN members of voter fraud.

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/the-com...n-voter-fraud/

Want more? Here ya go:

http://www.rottenacorn.com/activityMap.html

Ya ya, right wing sources. Tell me how using those sources negates the guilty pleas and convictions.

Glad you're back Gman.
Fishnut is offline Find More Posts by Fishnut
Last edited by Fishnut; Jan 25, 2010 at 02:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 01:55 PM
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman2 View Post
On the contrary, I would need a teleprompter, if I didnt believe my tripe!
So you understand that it is tripe, and you knowingly believe in it........
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 01:56 PM
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman2 View Post
I dont share your level of suspicion. However, I think a report/investigation was warranted to exonerate them. And the report/investigation came back that Acorn the corp was clean.
"Clean?" It seems that "clean" declaration (if it actually exists) did not help in keeping the Census business....
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 02:45 PM
Suspended Account
Gman2's Avatar
land of permaban
Joined Jul 2001
181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnut View Post
Ya, there are SEVERAL! So I guess, in Clintonspeak, he is not lying .

Here are just five instances: Washington State and Nevada:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124182750646102435.html

Misery, er, Missouri: In April, 2008, eight ACORN employees in St. Louis city and county pleaded guilty to federal election fraud for submitting bogus voter registrations. That came after 2004, when six volunteers pleaded guilty of dozens of election law violations for filling out registration cards with names of dead people and other bogus information. Those came after 1986 (shows you how long this has been going on), when the state of Missouri convicted 12 ACORN members of voter fraud.

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/the-com...n-voter-fraud/

Want more? Here ya go:

http://www.rottenacorn.com/activityMap.html

Ya ya, right wing sources. Tell me how using those sources negates the guilty pleas and convictions.

Glad you're back Gman.
AGAIN, voter fraud, not voter reg fraud. They are worlds apart, and one, is jsut a way for the lazy to make quota. Not a way for those disallowed, to vote.
Gman2 is offline Find More Posts by Gman2
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 02:46 PM
Suspended Account
Gman2's Avatar
land of permaban
Joined Jul 2001
181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
So you understand that it is tripe, and you knowingly believe in it........


I'm being self effacing
Gman2 is offline Find More Posts by Gman2
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 02:48 PM
Suspended Account
Gman2's Avatar
land of permaban
Joined Jul 2001
181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
"Clean?" It seems that "clean" declaration (if it actually exists) did not help in keeping the Census business....
Look into any remaining sanctions. As for that AD HOC law the right bamboozled us into, it is unconstitutional.
Gman2 is offline Find More Posts by Gman2
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 02:49 PM
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman2 View Post
Look into any remaining sanctions. As for that AD HOC law the right bamboozled us into, it is unconstitutional.
How can the right bamboozle? Aren't you guys in the maj?
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 02:50 PM
Suspended Account
Gman2's Avatar
land of permaban
Joined Jul 2001
181 Posts
You used the Van Jones technique. Slander, innuendo, Bearing false witness, hyperbole, lies, propaganda. screaming pronouncements.
Gman2 is offline Find More Posts by Gman2
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 03:03 PM
Suspended Account
sarge's Avatar
Fayetteville, NC
Joined Dec 2002
2,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnut View Post
Ya, there are SEVERAL! So I guess, in Clintonspeak, he is not lying .

Here are just five instances: Washington State and Nevada:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124182750646102435.html

Misery, er, Missouri: In April, 2008, eight ACORN employees in St. Louis city and county pleaded guilty to federal election fraud for submitting bogus voter registrations. That came after 2004, when six volunteers pleaded guilty of dozens of election law violations for filling out registration cards with names of dead people and other bogus information. Those came after 1986 (shows you how long this has been going on), when the state of Missouri convicted 12 ACORN members of voter fraud.

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/the-com...n-voter-fraud/

Want more? Here ya go:

http://www.rottenacorn.com/activityMap.html

Ya ya, right wing sources. Tell me how using those sources negates the guilty pleas and convictions.

Glad you're back Gman.
Actually, I did a little poking around myself, and there is a bit more to it all than that.

In most all the cases, the only real damaged party was...ACORN itself. There were no instances (from my search) whereby the voter registration fraud would have led to actual voter fraud. ACORN paid employees to register voters, and the employees filled out falsified voter registration documents. These fake voter registration documents would not have resluted in ineligible voters being allowed to vote, or in legitimate voters getting more than one vote. It was typically a lazy employee getting paid for doing fake work. In many cases, it was ACORN that exposed the fraud. I didn't stumble across any verified instances of ACORN systematically engaging in an attempt to "stuff the ballot box".
sarge is offline Find More Posts by sarge
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 04:02 PM
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman2 View Post
You used the Van Jones technique. Slander, innuendo, Bearing false witness, hyperbole, lies, propaganda. screaming pronouncements.
No, I am not a Democrat.......
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 05:03 PM
Cat Rack
MtnGoat's Avatar
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman2 View Post
You used the Van Jones technique. Slander, innuendo, Bearing false witness, hyperbole, lies, propaganda. screaming pronouncements.
What was false about noting the fact that Van Jones is what he is and did what he did?
MtnGoat is offline Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 05:06 PM
Suspended Account
Gman2's Avatar
land of permaban
Joined Jul 2001
181 Posts
is what he is and did what he did. I know even you dont believe yourself. You are of a more intelligent bent than that.
Gman2 is offline Find More Posts by Gman2
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion ACORN's acorn: Voter fraud in NY MtnGoat Life, The Universe, and Politics 5 Sep 30, 2009 06:10 PM
Why the Left Really Hates Alito MtnGoat Life, The Universe, and Politics 438 Feb 09, 2006 09:21 PM
Flash 5x hates me. WHY? rob.elliott Radios 3 Feb 06, 2005 01:12 PM
Yippee! The reason why christmas was late last year pgjoh1 Humor 0 Jul 27, 2002 04:30 AM
another reason why I'm a libertarian logan5 Life, The Universe, and Politics 12 Apr 02, 2002 03:02 PM