New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Jan 25, 2010, 09:03 AM
Gman2 is offline
Find More Posts by Gman2
Suspended Account
Gman2's Avatar
land of permaban
Joined Jul 2001
181 Posts
That is the most fact based post I have seen from you in months.
Gman2 is offline Find More Posts by Gman2
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 09:12 AM
oldcoot88 is offline
Find More Posts by oldcoot88
Registered User
Joined Dec 2002
1,952 Posts
Heh.. nuthin' like a good freakshow to set the morning aright.
oldcoot88 is offline Find More Posts by oldcoot88
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 10:33 AM
MtnGoat is online now
Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Tu ne cede malis
MtnGoat's Avatar
United States, WA, Lyle
Joined Dec 2000
1,487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman2 View Post
Through ACORN, however, these powerless ones get an immersion in self-help democracy, learning how to operate in the public sphere to become both political and economic players. They form their own neighborhood organizations, elect officers, and choose a set of issues to push--from bank redlining to better garbage pickup, from rip-off utility bills to enforcement of antipollution regulations. They soon discover that working together, they have actual power to get things done through direct actions, group negotiations, and voter participation.
And aiding and abetting hookers, child prostitution, and illegal immigration in support of both. Meanwhile, they hide embezzlement, and commit fraudulent acts in registering voters, illegally influecing elections, and much more. There's your 'community organizing'.

And lets not forget how addressing perfectly valid 'redlining' means loans to people who will default...and lead to where we wound up.


Quote:
They are the group, most responsible for protecting those that the wingers want to be culled, and killled, by the "free market".
Please show your work. Provide for us the evidence, in their own words, not your twisted perception, of any free market supporters stating they want to kill the folks you say you support.
MtnGoat is online now Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 10:35 AM
Gman2 is offline
Find More Posts by Gman2
Suspended Account
Gman2's Avatar
land of permaban
Joined Jul 2001
181 Posts
That is a filthy scummy lie. They wanted to help that idiot SAVE young girls from prostitution. The editting is all BECK,BAUCHMANNY.
Gman2 is offline Find More Posts by Gman2
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 10:38 AM
Mark Gund is offline
Find More Posts by Mark Gund
Parrothead Extraordinaire
Mark Gund's Avatar
Island of Margaritaville.No parallels of latitude or longitude mark the spot exactly. Passports are not required
Joined Sep 2002
802 Posts
It's always good to start your week with a good laugh!
Mark Gund is offline Find More Posts by Mark Gund
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 10:40 AM
Gman2 is offline
Find More Posts by Gman2
Suspended Account
Gman2's Avatar
land of permaban
Joined Jul 2001
181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge View Post
I won't bother to look for a confirmed case of ACORN attempting to improperly influence elections - I made no claim that they did so. I pointed out that the suspicion that ACORN might have done so is a reasonable one, and is reason enough to view them with trepidation.

My point is that not all Republicans, or even all Republican Representatives, dislike ACORN for the reasons you attribute to them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
And aiding and abetting hookers, child prostitution, and illegal immigration in support of both. Meanwhile, they hide embezzlement, and commit fraudulent acts in registering voters, illegally influecing elections, and much more. There's your 'community organizing'.

And lets not forget how addressing perfectly valid 'redlining' means loans to people who will default...and lead to where we wound up.




Please show your work. Provide for us the evidence, in their own words, not your twisted perception, of any free market supporters stating they want to kill the folks you say you support.
I have heard you yourself make that claim, as well as most wingers. You know it, so do I.
Gman2 is offline Find More Posts by Gman2
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 10:42 AM
MtnGoat is online now
Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Tu ne cede malis
MtnGoat's Avatar
United States, WA, Lyle
Joined Dec 2000
1,487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman2 View Post
That is a filthy scummy lie. They wanted to help that idiot SAVE young girls from prostitution. The editting is all BECK,BAUCHMANNY.
Sure. that's why they didn't call the cops, that's why they gave advice evading messy questions so they could get a loan for their child hooker house.
MtnGoat is online now Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 10:44 AM
Gman2 is offline
Find More Posts by Gman2
Suspended Account
Gman2's Avatar
land of permaban
Joined Jul 2001
181 Posts
I didnt say ALLOFTHEM were bright about how they went about it.
Gman2 is offline Find More Posts by Gman2
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 10:58 AM
bildo baggins is offline
Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Registered User
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
15,016 Posts
Anyone who even attempts to defend ACORN is or is just merely trying to get a rise out of those who would argue.
bildo baggins is offline Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Last edited by bildo baggins; Jan 26, 2010 at 08:37 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 25, 2010, 11:37 AM
n00b-E is offline
Find More Posts by n00b-E
Tread Elsewhere
n00b-E's Avatar
United States, CO
Joined Sep 2007
699 Posts
I personally LOVE acorn. With them around, one needs to look no further for a clear illustration of how fringe lefties in positions of power operate.
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:02 PM
California Condor is online now
Find More Posts by California Condor
Old Timer
California Condor's Avatar
CARMICHAEL, CALIFORNIA USA
Joined Apr 2001
3,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefast View Post
Glad you're back Gman. I've been laughing in my coffee all morning. You are toooooo funny.
I like him too. I know he is smart and just playing a game with us, he believes very little of what he posts. Keep it up, it's entertaining.
California Condor is online now Find More Posts by California Condor
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:04 PM
Gman2 is offline
Find More Posts by Gman2
Suspended Account
Gman2's Avatar
land of permaban
Joined Jul 2001
181 Posts
On the contrary, I would need a teleprompter, if I didnt believe my tripe!
Gman2 is offline Find More Posts by Gman2
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:14 PM
Lightnin is offline
Find More Posts by Lightnin
Non-Discriminatory User
Lightnin's Avatar
Joined Mar 2003
1,741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman2 View Post
that is a filthy scummy lie. They wanted to help that idiot save young girls from prostitution. The editting is all beck,bauchmanny.
5....4.....3.......
Lightnin is offline Find More Posts by Lightnin
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:15 PM
sarge is offline
Find More Posts by sarge
Suspended Account
sarge's Avatar
Fayetteville, NC
Joined Dec 2002
2,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman2 View Post
I have heard you yourself make that claim, as well as most wingers. You know it, so do I.
So far as I can recall, I have only addressed the subject once before, and then I said essentially the same thing that I said today. There is evidence the ACORN has attempted to improperly influence the outcome of elections. I don't recall ever saying conculsively that ACORN has actualy done so - just that there is enough evidence to cause concern.

If I am correct on that count - that evidence sufficient to cause concern exists - then suspicion of ACORN is a perfectly reasonable thing. After all, there are few crimes more dangerous to democracy than subverting an election.
sarge is offline Find More Posts by sarge
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:16 PM
California Condor is online now
Find More Posts by California Condor
Old Timer
California Condor's Avatar
CARMICHAEL, CALIFORNIA USA
Joined Apr 2001
3,969 Posts
And how do we know you are not using one??
California Condor is online now Find More Posts by California Condor
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion ACORN's acorn: Voter fraud in NY MtnGoat Life, The Universe, and Politics 5 Sep 30, 2009 05:10 PM
Why the Left Really Hates Alito MtnGoat Life, The Universe, and Politics 438 Feb 09, 2006 08:21 PM
Flash 5x hates me. WHY? rob.elliott Radios 3 Feb 06, 2005 12:12 PM
Yippee! The reason why christmas was late last year pgjoh1 Humor 0 Jul 27, 2002 03:30 AM
another reason why I'm a libertarian logan5 Life, The Universe, and Politics 12 Apr 02, 2002 02:02 PM