HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 25, 2010, 09:03 AM
Suspended Account
land of permaban
Joined Jul 2001
181 Posts
That is the most fact based post I have seen from you in months.
Gman2 is offline Find More Posts by Gman2
Old Jan 25, 2010, 09:12 AM
Joined Dec 2002
1,952 Posts
Heh.. nuthin' like a good freakshow to set the morning aright.
oldcoot88 is offline Find More Posts by oldcoot88
Old Jan 25, 2010, 10:33 AM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman2 View Post
Through ACORN, however, these powerless ones get an immersion in self-help democracy, learning how to operate in the public sphere to become both political and economic players. They form their own neighborhood organizations, elect officers, and choose a set of issues to push--from bank redlining to better garbage pickup, from rip-off utility bills to enforcement of antipollution regulations. They soon discover that working together, they have actual power to get things done through direct actions, group negotiations, and voter participation.
And aiding and abetting hookers, child prostitution, and illegal immigration in support of both. Meanwhile, they hide embezzlement, and commit fraudulent acts in registering voters, illegally influecing elections, and much more. There's your 'community organizing'.

And lets not forget how addressing perfectly valid 'redlining' means loans to people who will default...and lead to where we wound up.

Quote:
They are the group, most responsible for protecting those that the wingers want to be culled, and killled, by the "free market".
Please show your work. Provide for us the evidence, in their own words, not your twisted perception, of any free market supporters stating they want to kill the folks you say you support.
MtnGoat is offline Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Jan 25, 2010, 10:35 AM
Suspended Account
land of permaban
Joined Jul 2001
181 Posts
That is a filthy scummy lie. They wanted to help that idiot SAVE young girls from prostitution. The editting is all BECK,BAUCHMANNY.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 10:38 AM
Parrothead Extraordinaire
Island of Margaritaville.No parallels of latitude or longitude mark the spot exactly. Passports are not required
Joined Sep 2002
797 Posts
It's always good to start your week with a good laugh!
Mark Gund is offline Find More Posts by Mark Gund
Old Jan 25, 2010, 10:40 AM
Suspended Account
land of permaban
Joined Jul 2001
181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge View Post
I won't bother to look for a confirmed case of ACORN attempting to improperly influence elections - I made no claim that they did so. I pointed out that the suspicion that ACORN might have done so is a reasonable one, and is reason enough to view them with trepidation.

My point is that not all Republicans, or even all Republican Representatives, dislike ACORN for the reasons you attribute to them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
And aiding and abetting hookers, child prostitution, and illegal immigration in support of both. Meanwhile, they hide embezzlement, and commit fraudulent acts in registering voters, illegally influecing elections, and much more. There's your 'community organizing'.

And lets not forget how addressing perfectly valid 'redlining' means loans to people who will default...and lead to where we wound up.

Please show your work. Provide for us the evidence, in their own words, not your twisted perception, of any free market supporters stating they want to kill the folks you say you support.
I have heard you yourself make that claim, as well as most wingers. You know it, so do I.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 10:42 AM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Quote:
That is a filthy scummy lie. They wanted to help that idiot SAVE young girls from prostitution. The editting is all BECK,BAUCHMANNY.
Sure. that's why they didn't call the cops, that's why they gave advice evading messy questions so they could get a loan for their child hooker house.
MtnGoat is offline Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Jan 25, 2010, 10:44 AM
Suspended Account
land of permaban
Joined Jul 2001
181 Posts
I didnt say ALLOFTHEM were bright about how they went about it.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 10:58 AM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,638 Posts
Anyone who even attempts to defend ACORN is or is just merely trying to get a rise out of those who would argue.
bildo baggins is offline Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Last edited by bildo baggins; Jan 26, 2010 at 08:37 PM.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 11:37 AM
'Merica!
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Sep 2007
683 Posts
I personally LOVE acorn. With them around, one needs to look no further for a clear illustration of how fringe lefties in positions of power operate.
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:02 PM
Old Timer
CARMICHAEL, CALIFORNIA USA
Joined Apr 2001
3,890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefast View Post
Glad you're back Gman. I've been laughing in my coffee all morning. You are toooooo funny.
I like him too. I know he is smart and just playing a game with us, he believes very little of what he posts. Keep it up, it's entertaining.
California Condor is offline Find More Posts by California Condor
Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:04 PM
Suspended Account
land of permaban
Joined Jul 2001
181 Posts
On the contrary, I would need a teleprompter, if I didnt believe my tripe!
Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:14 PM
Non-Discriminatory User
Joined Mar 2003
1,741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman2 View Post
that is a filthy scummy lie. They wanted to help that idiot save young girls from prostitution. The editting is all beck,bauchmanny.
Lightnin is offline Find More Posts by Lightnin
Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:15 PM
Suspended Account
Fayetteville, NC
Joined Dec 2002
2,239 Posts
Quote:
I have heard you yourself make that claim, as well as most wingers. You know it, so do I.
So far as I can recall, I have only addressed the subject once before, and then I said essentially the same thing that I said today. There is evidence the ACORN has attempted to improperly influence the outcome of elections. I don't recall ever saying conculsively that ACORN has actualy done so - just that there is enough evidence to cause concern.

If I am correct on that count - that evidence sufficient to cause concern exists - then suspicion of ACORN is a perfectly reasonable thing. After all, there are few crimes more dangerous to democracy than subverting an election.
sarge is offline Find More Posts by sarge
Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:16 PM
Old Timer
CARMICHAEL, CALIFORNIA USA
Joined Apr 2001
3,890 Posts
And how do we know you are not using one??
California Condor is offline Find More Posts by California Condor