Havoc Helicopter tail motor plane V.2!
In my last blog I posted a plane I made from foam plates, using a 40mah lipo and Air Hogs Havoc heli tail motor. It flew, although not very well, and I said I would make a plane that climbed faster, flew slower, and has no wing rock.
That was accomplished with my second plane I built with more care, in this case a biplane with a V-tail. I fixed the problems of the first, with it trimmed to making tighter circles, flying much slower, and no wing rock. The lack of wing rock improved the climb rate.
As a result, though the start was slow, it soon cleared the treetops and was free to go higher and higher unobstructed. Though I started to run after it as it drifted with the wind, I soon stopped because it became evident it wasn't coming back. For at least 4 minutes I watched it climb higher and higher until it just vanished! I bet by the time it landed it had drifted at least a mile with the wind.