HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by kobkobico, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 04:55 PM
Lucid Dreamer
USA, CA, Temecula
Joined Jul 2005
646 Posts
Discussion
Havoc Helicopter tail motor plane V.2!

In my last blog I posted a plane I made from foam plates, using a 40mah lipo and Air Hogs Havoc heli tail motor. It flew, although not very well, and I said I would make a plane that climbed faster, flew slower, and has no wing rock.

That was accomplished with my second plane I built with more care, in this case a biplane with a V-tail. I fixed the problems of the first, with it trimmed to making tighter circles, flying much slower, and no wing rock. The lack of wing rock improved the climb rate.

As a result, though the start was slow, it soon cleared the treetops and was free to go higher and higher unobstructed. Though I started to run after it as it drifted with the wind, I soon stopped because it became evident it wasn't coming back. For at least 4 minutes I watched it climb higher and higher until it just vanished! I bet by the time it landed it had drifted at least a mile with the wind.

Free Flight Biplane using Air Hogs Havoc Heli tail motor (1 min 16 sec)
kobkobico is offline Find More Posts by kobkobico
to remove ads between posts