SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Mark Canfield, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 01:13 PM
Carlsbad, Calif
Joined Mar 2007
667 Posts
Build Log
Finishing the Gulp DSII

Went with uni on the elevons for some added stiffness. Also some uni at the trailing edge of the vertical stab (sharp as a knife). 2 layers of bi-directional tape on the wings, followed with Ultra coat for color. Finished wing with 2 layers of 10mil laminate, this thing won't bent, no way-no how
I've always had good luck with solar-tex on the fuse so after the bi-directional / goop series I covered with red solar-tex. A little to faded for my liking so 5 or 6 more coats of tinted red goop (Testers Red). Went with 4-40 rods and Sullivan linkage. The 5245's come with aluminum servo arms, and I used super tall Dubro T-style Large control horns. These seem almost comical at first glance but there is nothing stronger for this application and absolutely no slop at all Finished the elevon install with 3m 5200 silicon hinges, once again, nothing stronger IMHO. Maiden flight up at Weldon and she flew like a dream. Cruising in the 120's was effortless and no bad habits, I'm gonna like this.
Mark Canfield is offline Find More Posts by Mark Canfield
to remove ads between posts