HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Mark Canfield, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 09:34 PM
Carlsbad, Calif
Joined Mar 2007
664 Posts
Build Log
Gulp DSII

I'd been on the fence about adding this type of plane to my arsenal, until getting the opportunity to take my good friend Gregg Boltons DSII for a spin. The plane was so stable and easy to fly, diving into the backside, axial rolls, inverted, it just did whatever I wanted with precision and ease. It was hard to believe this was a 90oz foamie, kind of a cross between a Cadillac and Ferrari Another plus is nice having the owner and developer of the Gulp series of planes as your neighbor, so naturally I decided to pay Steve a visit to talk shop about this build and get started. I wanted to shoot for 85-90oz dry with the ability to "load her up" on the really big days

Somewhat typical (yeah right) foam plank affair, with some serious mods:
Joined wing halves, double full length carbon spars, 2' carbon ballast tube, square carbon drag spar, potted HS-5245's, fixed 3" of elevon at tips, added spars in fuse at (LE & TE of wing) and put all electronics in the wing.
Mark Canfield is offline Find More Posts by Mark Canfield
to remove ads between posts