HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 12, 2010, 06:40 PM
Buildin'em and flyin'em
United States, NY, Erie
Joined Dec 2007
447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire222 View Post
Sterling, in all honesty, the plane makes me look like a better pilot. In that video, that was the plane's 2nd flight, and I hadn't flown in months! I feel like, so far, the plane is capable enough for 3D flying if setup correctly, but is a good 3D trainer also.

My feelings exactly. I've never done any 3d with planes and my SBach222 is easier to fly than any model in Phoenix.
JaggedEdge is offline Find More Posts by JaggedEdge
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 15, 2010, 01:28 AM
Love my Raven's!
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaggedEdge View Post
Any idea what size one of these I'd have to build for a 35-36c 1100kv with 2200mah packs?

Flew the SBach for a pack this afternoon. Did my first knife edge passes outside of the sim and they were easier in real life.

Elevator hotglue hinges came loose, I'll have to thicken them up a little bit next time. Tons of lightweight depron fun.
use blenderm tape. Available at most hobby stores.

Its the flexible semi clear tape that was designed for hospital use.
Its now called hinge tape.
the stuff is great and if you've never used it, you will wonder how the heck you could have gotten along without it for foamy planes.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Apr 19, 2010, 05:58 AM
RC = FUN
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Joined Aug 2008
3,627 Posts
Hey motorhead, hows the plane coming along? Good Luck! -Tyler
flyboy321 is offline Find More Posts by flyboy321
Old Apr 19, 2010, 08:38 PM
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
3,871 Posts
I had a major set back. I have gone through 4 laser power supplies in the last 2 weeks at $250 each. the manufacturer does not know what the problem is and will not sell me any more until we figure something out. He is investigating from his end and me from mine to get a solution. For not I am dead in the water on any new planes and about half of my current planes. I was real close on the 32" and looking forward to the 42".
I will let you guys know when I get going again.
Mike
motorhead is offline Find More Posts by motorhead
Old Apr 20, 2010, 05:09 AM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I had a major set back. I have gone through 4 laser power supplies in the last 2 weeks at $250 each. the manufacturer does not know what the problem is and will not sell me any more until we figure something out. He is investigating from his end and me from mine to get a solution. For not I am dead in the water on any new planes and about half of my current planes. I was real close on the 32" and looking forward to the 42".
I will let you guys know when I get going again.
Mike
Ouch! We appreciate your efforts and persistence in adding such great products to enhance our addiction.
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old Apr 20, 2010, 09:01 AM
You know how we do
Maryland
Joined Jan 2010
120 Posts
Sorry to hear that Mike, hope you get the issues sorted out. Looking forward to more progress when you get back up and running!

-Vincent
Spitfire222 is offline Find More Posts by Spitfire222
Old Apr 22, 2010, 06:01 AM
RC = FUN
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Joined Aug 2008
3,627 Posts
http://www.rcfoam.com/cart.php?targe...ategory_id=183

Did you guys know about this? -Tyler
flyboy321 is offline Find More Posts by flyboy321
Old Apr 25, 2010, 03:46 PM
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
3,871 Posts
Took come indoor video of a friend flying my 32" Sbach. Using 1.3 lb foam it has a decent amount of tail twist. I have ordered some 1.5lb EPP CNC cut kits that will be in this week. I will get one built and fly it to see if the stiffer foam has any twist. A little is acceptable but not as much as in the video. I have added some 3mm foam bracing to fix this one and it works well. I may have 32" and 42" kits on my web site by the end of the week.
Mike
32 Sbach 1.ASF (0 min 57 sec)
Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:35 PM
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
3,871 Posts
Got to fly outdoors today with fresh paint on it. Looked and flew great.
S-Bach 342 EPP 3D plane.wmv (4 min 22 sec)

I also got the laser working today so production is up. The 32" will be for sale tomorrow.
Mike
Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:41 PM
LaSalle, Illinois
Joined Sep 2007
476 Posts
Will you be posting plans for this one Mike?

Sterling
yardboz1 is offline Find More Posts by yardboz1
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:19 AM
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
3,871 Posts
Vincent published plans in post #2.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...82&postcount=2
Mine is not much different. The exception is that mine is in more pieces so I can laser it and fit it into a box.
Mike
Old Apr 28, 2010, 03:16 PM
LaSalle, Illinois
Joined Sep 2007
476 Posts
Printed off those plans but I must be doing something wrong. Having some problems getting everything to line up. Since others have built this plane it must be an issue on my end, so I'll just keep trying. Or maybe locate a print shop who can print the plan on one sheet. Now that I think about it not taping all those sheets together might be kinda nice

Sterling
yardboz1 is offline Find More Posts by yardboz1
Old Apr 28, 2010, 03:20 PM
You know how we do
Maryland
Joined Jan 2010
120 Posts
Mike, looking great, and nice flying in the video! I hope to purchase one sometime when I know I'll have the time to build it. Really swamped at the moment. Looking forward to seeing what other people have to say about the Sbach when they fly it. I hope it catches on!

-Vincent
Old Apr 28, 2010, 03:22 PM
You know how we do
Maryland
Joined Jan 2010
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yardboz1 View Post
Printed off those plans but I must be doing something wrong. Having some problems getting everything to line up. Since others have built this plane it must be an issue on my end, so I'll just keep trying. Or maybe locate a print shop who can print the plan on one sheet. Now that I think about it not taping all those sheets together might be kinda nice

Sterling
Sterling,

I would feel really bad if I messed up the plans somehow and you couldn't get them to line up. Hopefully it's just a printer setting issue, thought getting it printed at a shop is also a nice convenience. For the record, the taped up plans in the pictures in the first posts are the same ones uploaded here, but of course, we all have different printers.

-Vincent
Old Apr 28, 2010, 05:15 PM
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
3,871 Posts
I picked up the Fuselages today for the 42" Sbach and hope the wings will be done tonight. If so I will have one painted and flying by tomorrow. I guess tonight I need to get the paint masks done.
Mike