HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by DrFragnasty, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 05:38 AM
Thermal Wrangler
Launceston Tasmania
Joined Mar 2004
2,142 Posts
Discussion
fun Saturday

Despite a winch battery that was pushed to even wind in the line after I'd finished; I had a ball today. Flew the Ellipse 4 which is up for sale...isn't it always the way; threaten to sell a glider and it pulls its socks up and performs.

After some truly flaccid launches with a crosswind the E4 danced with the angels and a couple of interested hawks at 1000ft.

The 2 awesome flights (admittedly at 7pm after the sun had baked the ground all day) made up for the line snags thanks to a pecularly robust weed that has sprouted on the upper slopes of our amazing flat-field at St. Leonards.

The Estrella needs to fly fast in thermal mode. Flew with no ballast but couldn't hook a thermal except for low-down in cruise mode flying fast 20ft off the ground. I flew for 5 mins at that altitude like a glorified HLG.

E4 vs Estrella...E4 wins!

http://www.seat.org.au

Me.
DrFragnasty is online now Find More Posts by DrFragnasty
Last edited by DrFragnasty; Jan 23, 2010 at 05:45 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2010, 12:45 AM
C'mon more Energy
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Mar 2005
3,263 Posts
Great to see you gave the old girl a good work out and she pulled up all good.
Just goes to show that its not what its how you fly them.
Swoopdown is offline Find More Posts by Swoopdown