HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 23, 2010, 11:11 PM
Registered User
G-LO's Avatar
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
2,196 Posts
I would like to give money for aluminum ferrules so that my LH could fly again .
G-LO is offline Find More Posts by G-LO
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2010, 10:54 PM
Registered User
therealthing691's Avatar
australia
Joined Apr 2007
2,182 Posts
well do it and ask for a time frame glo he doesnt bite
regards brian
therealthing691 is offline Find More Posts by therealthing691
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2010, 11:57 PM
Registered User
G-LO's Avatar
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
2,196 Posts
Yeah that's nice n-all but I'm NOT going to give $70 for something that cost $20. And which takes 6 months to make. Matter of fact, it was Under warranty at the time; yeah he sent me another pair but the screw broke in the ferrule a second time but in the opposite wing. I told him but.... I brushed it under the table ever since. Then I ordered the glide hawk, and -eventually- got it.
I like the lazy hawk the best. The GH is too reminiscent of the slow hawk IMO. I offered to pay on account of it might attract his attention. I didn't want to seem that I'm trying to get something for nothing. I don't know how much Aluminum ferrules with the grub nut cost?! Sean ain't said nothing yet.
G-LO is offline Find More Posts by G-LO
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2010, 11:00 AM
Gus
Registered User
Aloha (Beaverton), Oregon, United States
Joined Nov 2001
578 Posts
Sean,
Have you done anything on my Park Hawk 4?
Gus...
Gus is offline Find More Posts by Gus
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2010, 04:14 PM
Registered User
barneyj's Avatar
Joined Jan 2004
405 Posts
The bolt hole in the 1/4" through shaft holding the main gear stripped out in flight on my SH3. It landed hard and stripped some teeth off the main gear as well. It'll be a while before I can get it back up in the air. It would be nice if I can get my shrike/ph4 back before... say Christmas?

So G-LO, looks like we're in the same situation with our downed birds.
barneyj is offline Find More Posts by barneyj
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2010, 03:26 PM
Registered User
G-LO's Avatar
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
2,196 Posts
We are Barney. I just want to fly... that's all.
G-LO is offline Find More Posts by G-LO
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2010, 09:52 AM
Registered User
Kinkade's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
2,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-LO View Post
Yeah that's nice n-all but I'm NOT going to give $70 for something that cost $20. And which takes 6 months to make. Matter of fact, it was Under warranty at the time; yeah he sent me another pair but the screw broke in the ferrule a second time but in the opposite wing. I told him but.... I brushed it under the table ever since. Then I ordered the glide hawk, and -eventually- got it.
I like the lazy hawk the best. The GH is too reminiscent of the slow hawk IMO. I offered to pay on account of it might attract his attention. I didn't want to seem that I'm trying to get something for nothing. I don't know how much Aluminum ferrules with the grub nut cost?! Sean ain't said nothing yet.
It's not about money. ( who said anything about $70.00 for ferrules anyway G-Lo?) I just have to dig up some ferrules. I would really rather convert you over to the new style but I don't know if they will work with your wing hinges.
Kinkade is offline Find More Posts by Kinkade
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2010, 09:54 AM
Registered User
Kinkade's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
2,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
Sean,
Have you done anything on my Park Hawk 4?
Gus...

Yes, I put it together a few days ago but you sent it back with no radio gear so I have to put all that in it to test fly it. The weather has been abysmal too.

(actually it's a Slow Hawk 4)
Kinkade is offline Find More Posts by Kinkade
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2010, 09:57 AM
Registered User
Kinkade's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
2,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyj View Post
The bolt hole in the 1/4" through shaft holding the main gear stripped out in flight on my SH3. It landed hard and stripped some teeth off the main gear as well. It'll be a while before I can get it back up in the air. It would be nice if I can get my shrike/ph4 back before... say Christmas?

So G-LO, looks like we're in the same situation with our downed birds.
So you need a new SH-3 gear too. Is that all that broke?
Kinkade is offline Find More Posts by Kinkade
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2010, 12:24 AM
Registered User
barneyj's Avatar
Joined Jan 2004
405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinkade View Post
So you need a new SH-3 gear too. Is that all that broke?
I have some spare gears. I have to trim down the hub area to match the original part. For me, it's a matter of finding the time to do it. That's where it woul be nice to have the second bird.
barneyj is offline Find More Posts by barneyj
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2010, 08:51 AM
Registered User
United States, CA, Laguna Niguel
Joined Apr 2002
16 Posts
Hi Sean, I ordered a slow hawk in March order # 1571, I'm hopping I haven't been forgotten.
Gary
glider-geek is offline Find More Posts by glider-geek
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2010, 05:16 PM
Registered User
Kinkade's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
2,448 Posts
You ordered last March?? Ah geez...let me check my paperwork.
You were clearly forgotten alright. I'll get that right out, sorry!
Kinkade is offline Find More Posts by Kinkade
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2010, 07:56 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Laguna Niguel
Joined Apr 2002
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinkade View Post
You ordered last March?? Ah geez...let me check my paperwork.
You were clearly forgotten alright. I'll get that right out, sorry!

Thanks Sean
glider-geek is offline Find More Posts by glider-geek
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2010, 03:02 AM
There's magic in those wings !
khaled_abobakr's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
4,851 Posts
deleted
khaled_abobakr is offline Find More Posts by khaled_abobakr
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2010, 03:07 AM
There's magic in those wings !
khaled_abobakr's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
4,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinkade View Post
You ordered last March?? Ah geez...let me check my paperwork.
You were clearly forgotten alright. I'll get that right out, sorry!
If it was possible, I would have really enjoyed being your right hand and secretary.... you wouldn't forget a single screw .....

Good luck and keep the birds coming !!!

Khaled
khaled_abobakr is offline Find More Posts by khaled_abobakr
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! Kinkade Park Hawk2 spare parts Dragon Breath Ornithopters 46 Jan 25, 2010 12:09 PM
Discussion Reminder: Back up your data or else The Other Dave Life, The Universe, and Politics 14 Jan 18, 2010 12:47 PM
Discussion Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post Discussion Large Cabin Cruser buil Jolly Roger 1 Scale Boats 0 Jan 06, 2010 12:43 PM
Discussion A reminder!!!! Flexserve Life, The Universe, and Politics 17 Sep 08, 2009 03:57 PM