HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2010, 04:15 PM
Joined Jan 2004
405 Posts
Hey Sean. I'm still trying to get you to acknowledge my post at the top of the previous page. Not today?
barneyj is offline Find More Posts by barneyj
Last edited by barneyj; Oct 14, 2010 at 01:28 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2010, 09:20 PM
australia
Joined Apr 2007
2,172 Posts
sean do have a tracking numberfor me???????????
regards brian
therealthing691 is offline Find More Posts by therealthing691
Old Oct 14, 2010, 12:42 AM
Joined May 2007
42 Posts
I had checked the parts section in the store many times and never noticed anything besides wing sails in there. Thanks for the FYI. I placed the order. The darn ferrules on the SH2 keep stripping out. The originals lasted for maybe 50+ flights. Others maybe 10 flights at the most. I have tried drilling and tapping the conrod connection points then adding steel inserts, they do not hold. I have a simple idea I will try with one of the sets I ordered and have two new designs for ferrules if I can get someone to mill them for me. I am actually really good with hobbies and fixing things. But I atually enjoy flying way more than wrenching. You can tell by the wiring on my helis, I used to spend lots of time making it purty. Now I just hook everything up, test and use zip ties. Sorry I dug up some old wounds. Heres hoping I get them flying again soon.

Thanks,
Richard
RDking is offline Find More Posts by RDking
Old Oct 14, 2010, 11:42 AM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDking View Post
I had checked the parts section in the store many times and never noticed anything besides wing sails in there. Thanks for the FYI. I placed the order. The darn ferrules on the SH2 keep stripping out. The originals lasted for maybe 50+ flights. Others maybe 10 flights at the most. I have tried drilling and tapping the conrod connection points then adding steel inserts, they do not hold. I have a simple idea I will try with one of the sets I ordered and have two new designs for ferrules if I can get someone to mill them for me. I am actually really good with hobbies and fixing things. But I atually enjoy flying way more than wrenching. You can tell by the wiring on my helis, I used to spend lots of time making it purty. Now I just hook everything up, test and use zip ties. Sorry I dug up some old wounds. Heres hoping I get them flying again soon.

Thanks,
Richard
Richard, I haven't had any trouble with my SH2 stripping, but my PH2 and Shrike have both stripped ferrules just like you describe. One option to get you back in the air while you're waiting for parts is to drill all the way through the ferrule and install a longer con-rod bolt all the way through the ferrule with a locknut on the end. Add washers on either side as well. You'll no longer have the set screw to hold the rod in place, but you can either drill/ tap a new hole for the set screw or glue the rod into the ferrule. Good luck!
Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright
Old Oct 14, 2010, 09:01 PM
australia
Joined Apr 2007
2,172 Posts
sean do have a tracking number for me or just a answer if they have been sent or not 1740 was the order number thank you and regards brian
Old Oct 14, 2010, 09:06 PM
australia
Joined Apr 2007
2,172 Posts
i agree with tres this is a good fix i have done this b4 and works well i also made some out of delrin which i made longer so there was less stress on the end of the spar that is another option richard regards brian
Old Oct 16, 2010, 12:49 AM
Joined Nov 2006
2,448 Posts
Yep, shipped.

barneyJ, I will ship your bird on Monday along with LIG's. Hopefully RDKings too.
Kinkade is offline Find More Posts by Kinkade
Old Oct 16, 2010, 01:31 AM
australia
Joined Apr 2007
2,172 Posts
cool thanks sean
Old Oct 16, 2010, 01:43 AM
australia
Joined Apr 2007
2,172 Posts
cant wait to test the wings
Old Oct 16, 2010, 03:54 AM
Joined Jan 2004
405 Posts
Thanks Sean. I'm looking forward to it.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 07:01 AM
australia
Joined Apr 2007
2,172 Posts
lets great these clipped wings flying
Old Oct 18, 2010, 12:09 AM
SUNLAND,CALIFORNIA
Joined Sep 2006
117 Posts
HI Sean-Are you ready to ship out the skybird to me?It has been a long long long time to wait.-Patrick-California
PACIFICAIRE is offline Find More Posts by PACIFICAIRE
Old Oct 25, 2010, 03:24 AM
Joined Jan 2004
405 Posts
Hey Sean, did you ship my bird?
Old Oct 25, 2010, 02:35 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PACIFICAIRE View Post
HI Sean-Are you ready to ship out the skybird to me?It has been a long long long time to wait.-Patrick-California
Patrick, I'm logging off here in a minute so I can finish your tail.
Also please remind me what color wing sail you wanted. Please e-mail with the specifics so I get it right.
Kinkade is offline Find More Posts by Kinkade
Old Oct 26, 2010, 12:20 AM
SUNLAND,CALIFORNIA
Joined Sep 2006
117 Posts
Hi Sean-I will email you-Any color that you like.Is that extra bird still on the table?I will let everyone know when I receive the birds.-Patrick-California
PACIFICAIRE is offline Find More Posts by PACIFICAIRE