Kinkade is offline Find More Posts by Kinkade
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2010, 09:57 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
Sean,
You are right! Now I am sitting here with two Slow Hawks. One doesn't fly, and the other has a Wing Sail that doesn't match up with the power plates that you sent me!

I still believe that the power plates that you sent me with both SH's are for your Park Hawk and not the Slow Hawk.

If you want, I will be very happy to send both of the Slow Hawks back to you and you can give me my money back. I am just about at my ropes end with you and your promises. Say the word, and I will put both birds in the mail back to you.

If you will send me a Slow Hawk 4 power plate, I will try to get the original Slow Hawk 4 flying. I see no reason to even try to get the 2nd one flying with the Wing Sail that you sent.

You also have not answered the questions that I asked you in my last two e-mails.

Gus...
Oh, okay I see how it is.

For one thing, the power plate is not even REQUIRED for flight! Do I need to make a video to prove this? It was an after thought that I felt made the bird climb better and glide better, that's all. Second, your Slow hawk that "doesn't fly" is identical to other Slow Hawks that I shipped without any complaint so far.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 10:06 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeisGood View Post
These are the Slow Hawk - 4 power plates. See if they are the same.
LIG, those are the gear box bearing plates. The power plate is the single part that extends laterally at the rear wing sail attachment.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 10:51 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,853 Posts
Honestly, neither Park Hawk nor Slow Hawk, Glide Hawk, or Lazy Hawk needs Power plate - the little T shape G-10 mounted on the tail. Yes, I was wrong, what I showed was gear plates. Sorry. BTW - what I meant "Power plates" - plates transfer power to the gears
LifeisGood is offline Find More Posts by LifeisGood
Old Oct 10, 2010, 11:04 PM
SUNLAND,CALIFORNIA
Joined Sep 2006
117 Posts
Hi Sean-How is my Skybird progressing?Did you fly it yet?.Patrick- California
PACIFICAIRE is offline Find More Posts by PACIFICAIRE
Old Oct 10, 2010, 11:44 PM
Vanadu
Canada, YT, Whitehorse
Joined Dec 2008
3,806 Posts
Hi Sean, Just wanted to say thanks again for my new PH4. It is a superior bird and was well worth the wait. Now I need to upgrade to metal gears.

Heavy Chevy is offline Find More Posts by Heavy Chevy
Old Oct 10, 2010, 11:55 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,853 Posts
wowdo you really feel the need for metal gears on the Pawk Hawk - 4 ?
Old Oct 10, 2010, 11:57 PM
Vanadu
Canada, YT, Whitehorse
Joined Dec 2008
3,806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeisGood View Post
wowdo you really feel the need for metal gears on the Pawk Hawk - 4 ?
Yes, it is suggested by many. Once my plastics are finished I will upgrade
Old Oct 11, 2010, 12:16 AM
Joined Apr 2006
1,853 Posts
Glide Hawk is the most often I changed due to rather heavy mass/heavy rods and collapsed ferrule box, Slow Hawk only once in a very while, Park Hawk never changed ( I have the bird more than 5 months with many hard flights).

Like to see one of SK's bird equipped with metal gears never seen one before. Only the mains or all 3 ?
Old Oct 11, 2010, 12:43 AM
australia
Joined Apr 2007
2,004 Posts
hc i have a ph4 and have run about a100 flights 800mah batterys in light moderate and strong wind and have no wear on the gears yet and would'nt like the added weight of metal gears with dual main gears i think sean has solved the problem of stripping gears as in earlier versions they where single final drive/ main gear and yes i did strip a few of them on my slowhawk2 but your choice
therealthing691 is offline Find More Posts by therealthing691
Old Oct 11, 2010, 12:46 AM
australia
Joined Apr 2007
2,004 Posts
opps forgot to put it at the end of last post thanks sean could u email me a tracking number regards brian
Old Oct 11, 2010, 01:02 AM
Vanadu
Canada, YT, Whitehorse
Joined Dec 2008
3,806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Chevy View Post
Hi Sean, Just wanted to say thanks again for my new PH4. It is a superior bird and was well worth the wait. Now I need to upgrade to metal gears.

WHOA!!! I meant to say 'metal servos', it's late and I'm tired. Sorry about the confusion
Old Oct 11, 2010, 01:04 AM
australia
Joined Apr 2007
2,004 Posts
are gotcha metal servo gears is a must they take a lot of punishment
Old Oct 11, 2010, 01:06 AM
Joined Apr 2006
1,853 Posts
2nd
Old Oct 11, 2010, 03:16 AM
australia
Joined Apr 2007
2,004 Posts
hey gus what get out of this u have too birds the 2nd for free why didnt the first fly please explain i myself dont understand your whinging and are at a loss why u would get a replacement bird for free and as for a power plate it isnt needed for flight it just produces a little more power out of the wings so could please explain why you arent happy with two for the price of one and i am lost as to why the first wouldnt fly mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm seans birds fly great and the improvements he has made this year are great