HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 25, 2010, 04:23 PM
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
2,198 Posts
Sean Thank you very, very much!!

(1) The wing & tail just came in! They are very beautiful! More florescent yellow in color than the first lazy hawk tail.* This-IS- the color I have always wanted.

It would be supernatural to have the---- (2) grub nut ferulles.
And the---- (3) Spacers & Screws... That I had to salvage from my Glide Hawk. Love to see this color in the air..

Thanks again Sean.
G-LO is offline Find More Posts by G-LO
Last edited by G-LO; Aug 26, 2010 at 07:23 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2010, 12:31 PM
SUNLAND,CALIFORNIA
Joined Sep 2006
117 Posts
Happy anniversary sean-as of today,it has been 6 years i ordered the skybird and extra body and sent you $1226.39.after many emails and phone calls,i am still waiting.don't you think that this is long,long,long time to wait?-please send me my order.-patrick-california
PACIFICAIRE is offline Find More Posts by PACIFICAIRE
Old Aug 29, 2010, 02:34 AM
Vanadu
Canada, YT, Whitehorse
Joined Dec 2008
3,856 Posts
Sean,

Can you offer me an update on my order? I've been gone for three weeks and just got back to two parcel slips. I went to pick them up really hoping it was my PH4 but, alas, it was not

Sean, is there a problem with my order? Order number 1644
Heavy Chevy is offline Find More Posts by Heavy Chevy
Old Aug 30, 2010, 02:26 AM
Joined Nov 2006
2,448 Posts
EP SkyBird-1 Photos

I've worked all weekend on this and have finally completed the hard part...lots of machining of shafts and stand offs on the lathe. The drawings are done and parts made for at least few more of these.

This is Pacificaire's electric SkyBird in the photos.

The only thing left to finish is the tail and servo setup. I need to test fly it. The weather was perfect most of this month until yesterday. Now it's raining and windy. Hopefully it's just a small front passing through.

I had to do this but when I'm doing this I'm not building Park Hawks but now I've done enough SkyBird work to be able to for a day or two so don't worry, if you're waiting on a PH, SH, GH, or LH, it will get done this week!
Kinkade is offline Find More Posts by Kinkade
Old Aug 30, 2010, 04:03 PM
There's magic in those wings !
Joined Nov 2006
4,851 Posts
I wonder how you make the white derlin ferrules ... they seem to be of high quality and also are built for a very special application ... do you really make these in your workshop ??... you don't have to answer me .. I'm just too curious ... and also very impressed by the quality of this massive assembly

Good luck

Khaled
khaled_abobakr is offline Find More Posts by khaled_abobakr
Old Aug 30, 2010, 04:44 PM
Joined Jan 2004
405 Posts
So still no go on my shrek then? It's been over a month since our last contact -- so you're due another reminder.
barneyj is offline Find More Posts by barneyj
Old Aug 30, 2010, 04:57 PM
Los Angeles Area
Joined Dec 2005
483 Posts
Are you kidding me 6 years and now he finally can see a picture of his product. Let me just say your one patient fella patrick. I guess if your not complaining, its none of my business. Good luck and I hope you get your bird in the comming year
Jimmi is offline Find More Posts by Jimmi
Old Aug 30, 2010, 05:13 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,448 Posts
Jimmi, there is a lot more to the story than what you see here.
The SkyBird was in production as a gas powered bird in 1999-2002. It went out of production for various reasons with a handful of people still wanting them, with me lacking some vital parts. It's the "vital parts" issue that took me so long to get made. It's still a timeline legacy I'm not proud of but these are rare, collectable, one of kind, custom machines..now made electric although I had electric conversions years ago and a few SkyBird owners electrified there own models.
Kinkade is offline Find More Posts by Kinkade
Old Sep 01, 2010, 06:38 PM
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
2,198 Posts
Let's see, humm... I'm looking for something; I thought I had them here?! They WAS supposed to be here!? I don't know..........SEAN--- do you have them!?! You know~...the PARTs'''' I can't seem to find.... Oh! Hey go ask Carol! She may know~?~ perhaps? I know<Heavy Chevy > is looking for something too..I "ThinK". I MIGHT know what it is?? Well, I think he can tell you I reckon..? All I know is,, I have a heavy, sunny, big bird rolling it eyes at me, and I don't know what to do. Well, let me know if you find it; I'm going to look under my bed now....!
Old Sep 01, 2010, 11:16 PM
Vanadu
Canada, YT, Whitehorse
Joined Dec 2008
3,856 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinkade View Post
I had to do this but when I'm doing this I'm not building Park Hawks but now I've done enough SkyBird work to be able to for a day or two so don't worry, if you're waiting on a PH, SH, GH, or LH, it will get done this week!
That would be great. Please let me know when it is shipped out. As of a few months ago we were waiting on Carol to finish the wings.

Sean, can you shed some light on something for me? I see your uploaded vids on youtube and your posts on cleaning up your work area and your pics of new products. I can't help but feel a little resentment towards those posts because I've interpreted them as though you are prioritizing doing those things over fullfilling my order which doesn't seem right or fair.

Please help me understand because I'm having a hard time with this
Old Sep 02, 2010, 12:50 AM
Joined Apr 2006
1,877 Posts
Hi Sean - my turn for the reminder. Hope to receive my Lazy Hawk upon returning back to my beloved Califronia home as per your "agreed" or "promised" time frame which is scheduled on 9/10. Thanks
LifeisGood is online now Find More Posts by LifeisGood
Old Sep 08, 2010, 05:21 PM
Switzerland
Joined May 2005
7 Posts
Hi Sean
My congratulation from switzerland to the 6th. aniversary since my order of the Skybird.
(2004 august)All paid, never received, patience didn't help so far. Any news for me Sean?
patrik_weichelt@yahoo.com
cat33 is offline Find More Posts by cat33
Old Sep 08, 2010, 08:27 PM
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
2,198 Posts
He's probably in India by now.
Old Sep 08, 2010, 08:49 PM
Vanadu
Canada, YT, Whitehorse
Joined Dec 2008
3,856 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Chevy View Post
That would be great. Please let me know when it is shipped out. As of a few months ago we were waiting on Carol to finish the wings.

Sean, can you shed some light on something for me? I see your uploaded vids on youtube and your posts on cleaning up your work area and your pics of new products. I can't help but feel a little resentment towards those posts because I've interpreted them as though you are prioritizing doing those things over fullfilling my order which doesn't seem right or fair.

Please help me understand because I'm having a hard time with this
I am quoting myslef here as I have not yet received any response.
Old Sep 08, 2010, 09:50 PM
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
2,198 Posts
I see.
Last edited by G-LO; Sep 09, 2010 at 04:25 PM.