HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 17, 2010, 03:06 PM
PARIS
Joined Oct 2002
817 Posts
CRITICISM IS EASY, BUT ... The ART IS HARD!
Robert Korobelnik
KOROBELNIK is offline Find More Posts by KOROBELNIK
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2010, 03:31 PM
SUNLAND,CALIFORNIA
Joined Sep 2006
117 Posts
Hi sean-I will let everyone know when I receive my skybird .It is unbelievable that I have waited almost 6 years.That is longer than my last marriage.I am still trying to figure out what the heck that message korobelnik left regarding the previous messages.maybe,it is french logic.Sean I would appreciate it if you could at least keep us posted on the chances of receiving our purchases-Patrick California
PACIFICAIRE is offline Find More Posts by PACIFICAIRE
Old Jul 17, 2010, 03:55 PM
PARIS
Joined Oct 2002
817 Posts
Pacificaire , it is a French proverb.
sorry, I recognize that in your case it is not appropriate.
I can not answer for Mr. Kinkade, but I know (as a reseller) that Mr Kinkade built "new Skybirds" because I ordered a lot to import.
Keep patience
Old Jul 17, 2010, 04:11 PM
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
2,057 Posts
Sean, I *PROMISE* and intend to do just that!

Needless to say, "I" was the 1st to respond on this thread and want to say...."Thanks Sean"whoooHoo!..but~ I'm not waiting 6 years for stuff.
G-LO is offline Find More Posts by G-LO
Last edited by G-LO; Jul 17, 2010 at 04:19 PM.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 04:20 PM
Gus
Aloha (Beaverton), Oregon, United States
Joined Nov 2001
570 Posts
Sean,
I will be glad to let everyone know when you have shipped and I receive my order. I just don't like to be ignored when I ask you for a status! I don't do it that often, but as a paying/paid customer, I expect a response!
Gus...
Gus is offline Find More Posts by Gus
Old Jul 17, 2010, 08:24 PM
Joined Jan 2004
405 Posts
Sean, I was appalled at the petulant tone of your post. I don't see how you can turn this around on your customers and not even apologize for the delay. I had to step away to keep myself from posting in anger.

Please don't cast blame on your customers. It's well within your power to post updates on your delivery status. We've all been singing the praises of your product, I think you'll have to own up and take the lumps for not getting said products out your door in a timely manner.
barneyj is offline Find More Posts by barneyj
Old Jul 19, 2010, 01:38 AM
Registered Idiot
Joined Apr 2006
248 Posts
Robert, you have always had good service from Sean because you make large orders and pay half in advance and the other half when the order is shipped.. unfortunately the rest of us are not able to do that as we are forced to pay everything up front. it is obvious that Sean is motivated to ship your orders and the rest of us because he already has our money.

I have always had the opinion that his resellers should do more to pressure Sean into filling outstanging back orders, since they are effectively making it worse for the rest of us by continuing to order large quantities and distracting Sean from doing the right thing.

Your order came in long after mine was fully paid for, does it seem right to you that you should get your birds first ? but why should you care about the rest of us who have given Sean money. you are in this to make money and as far as you see it you have cornered the Orni market because you are the only one able to get Sean to ship birds.

The way I see it all the resellers are encouraging this behaviour in Sean.

what do other individuals waiting for birds think about the fact that Sean is continuing to fill orders to resellers rather than sending us our birds that have been paid for ?

and I think you know where to put your French proverb, the art of ripping people off is indeed hard, but Sean is a master at it.

I will gladly post here when I get my bird, as I have done in the past when Sean finally did ship me one.

rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOROBELNIK View Post
Pacificaire , it is a French proverb.
sorry, I recognize that in your case it is not appropriate.
I can not answer for Mr. Kinkade, but I know (as a reseller) that Mr Kinkade built "new Skybirds" because I ordered a lot to import.
Keep patience
skeletor is offline Find More Posts by skeletor
Old Jul 19, 2010, 02:01 AM
PARIS
Joined Oct 2002
817 Posts
if the ultimate purchaser could buy only to a dealer, there would be no problem.
It is exceptional that a manufacturer sells itself directly and undergo pressure and criticism.
Mr Sean Kinkade certainly good reasons not to completely delegate distribution
Old Jul 19, 2010, 02:30 AM
Joined Nov 2006
2,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-LO View Post
Sean, I *PROMISE* and intend to do just that!

Needless to say, "I" was the 1st to respond on this thread and want to say...."Thanks Sean"whoooHoo!..but~ I'm not waiting 6 years for stuff.
G-LO, if I'm not mistaken, the only thing I "owe" you is a FREEBIE wingsail.
Freebie's don't count as "debts".
Kinkade is offline Find More Posts by Kinkade
Old Jul 19, 2010, 02:34 AM
Joined Nov 2006
2,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletor View Post
Robert, you have always had good service from Sean because you make large orders and pay half in advance and the other half when the order is shipped.. unfortunately the rest of us are not able to do that as we are forced to pay everything up front. it is obvious that Sean is motivated to ship your orders and the rest of us because he already has our money.

I have always had the opinion that his resellers should do more to pressure Sean into filling outstanging back orders, since they are effectively making it worse for the rest of us by continuing to order large quantities and distracting Sean from doing the right thing.

Your order came in long after mine was fully paid for, does it seem right to you that you should get your birds first ? but why should you care about the rest of us who have given Sean money. you are in this to make money and as far as you see it you have cornered the Orni market because you are the only one able to get Sean to ship birds.

The way I see it all the resellers are encouraging this behaviour in Sean.

what do other individuals waiting for birds think about the fact that Sean is continuing to fill orders to resellers rather than sending us our birds that have been paid for ?

and I think you know where to put your French proverb, the art of ripping people off is indeed hard, but Sean is a master at it.

I will gladly post here when I get my bird, as I have done in the past when Sean finally did ship me one.

rich
Skeletor,
Your post is full of misinformation. How would you know what the terms of sale are between Robert and me? FYI, Robert does not pay anything up front and he has been waiting a LONG time and has NOT received his order yet. I don't know where you get these ideas.

I had great success with my own Ptero but I put the brakes on it when Lorinorm sent his back due to problems, and I just haven't gone over that yet. If you are tired of waiting to this degree, please accept a different bird, or ask for a refund. I can ship everything but Pteros right now.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 02:39 AM
Joined Nov 2006
2,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyj View Post
Sean, I was appalled at the petulant tone of your post. I don't see how you can turn this around on your customers and not even apologize for the delay. I had to step away to keep myself from posting in anger.

Please don't cast blame on your customers. It's well within your power to post updates on your delivery status. We've all been singing the praises of your product, I think you'll have to own up and take the lumps for not getting said products out your door in a timely manner.
Petulant tone? Yeah I guess when people start with their threats and attacks.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 08:11 AM
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
2,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinkade View Post
G-LO, if I'm not mistaken, the only thing I "owe" you is a FREEBIE wingsail.
Freebie's don't count as "debts".
Sean how about backed out main gear of my Glide hawks'screws; the one I emailed you about? The one that striped the 6 teeth while in mid-air? Aaaand, Before that......The lazy Hawks' ferrules--the ones that the screws keeps breaking off in!? MY lazy hawks is down NOT because it has "pink" wings (that you and your wife suggested to me because yall had tons of that color) and I'm waiting on the florescent yellow wings I wanted in the 1st place, but it can't fly. Shoot... I'll be flying right now?!! No, you said ..... You will replace with the longer ferrules that ----has the grub-nut that holds the spar in place.

I noticed that when there was a problem WITH the product, you was helping everyone else; and fast I might add but no help on my end with those little parts. So if you would look at the 1st response in this thread, please leave out the sails if you want but please have my bird flying again,and I promise, I Will Leave You Alone Forgood. And helping a customer with a their problemed product IS a debt. It's called Customer Service sir.
AnGeLo
Last edited by G-LO; Jul 19, 2010 at 08:21 AM.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 12:14 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,448 Posts
Now G-LO that's not very nice. We were out of neon yellow so you opted for neon pink, which is a beautiful high visibility color by the way. It wasn't that we had a ton of the pink stuff and were "unloading it" on you.
And how many other manufactureres would even offer to give a $129.00 replacement wingsail just because they sensed "color remorse" from their customer?
That's the last thing you should be throwing back at me. The other stuff, maybe so, but not that.

Please e-mail me a fresh list of what you need to get flying and I will make sure it gets shipped to you with the wingsail.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 02:53 PM
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
2,057 Posts
Sorry Sean, that was kindda childish. Umm... isn't my list in the beginning of this thread? But if you want me to revise it so there won't be any misunderstandings, I sure will.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 03:34 PM
Joined Jan 2004
405 Posts
Sean, I think the threats and attacks are in response to your lack of communication. I assume you started this thread to help you keep track of your outstanding order. You stopped responding to posts and your customers got upset.

You have yet to issue an apology for the delay or even an explanation. I and a few others have not threatened or attacked you. What makes us unworthy of a friendly response to our inquiries?
barneyj is offline Find More Posts by barneyj