HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 22, 2010, 02:04 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,448 Posts
Discussion
Kinkade Reminder Thread

Hey guys,

Since I have been active on the forum for a while now and check it daily,I wanted to start this thread as a means for any of you who have ordered or need parts primarily to keep me reminded on a regular basis. Parts followups has been a weakness of mine. I wear many hats and only have so much time in a day and so I try to prioritize what I do, but I have caught myself putting kit shipments ahead of parts shipments and I know this is flawed thinking since parts to customers with downed birds is just as important as a new kit.
I have to remind myself that you guys don't have the luxery of just walking back inside the shop and replacing any part you need like I do. You guys have to either hack something out or wait on me. I want to do better so if the forum allows it, please bump this thread as needed to remind me if you feel something is taking too long to receive. Hopefully over time this thread will be needed less and less.

And yes, Pteros are delinquent still but they are shipping soon with new Lite Hawk refinements integrated in the new design.
Kinkade is offline Find More Posts by Kinkade
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2010, 04:57 PM
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
2,128 Posts
G-LO:

(1) pair of New Ferrules for downed LazyHawk
(2) one (1) Florecent Yellow LazyHawk Wings
(3) Three main gears for SlowHawk2 and ParkHawk2
(4) and "New" snazzy tail
G-LO is offline Find More Posts by G-LO
Last edited by G-LO; Mar 01, 2010 at 11:50 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 05:03 PM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2007
539 Posts
Sounds like a decent idea. I know you are planning to send me a care package along with a couple of small items I ordered back on the 6th of November for my Glide Hawk. I just wanted to say I really appreciate it and look forward to getting my bird flying the way you intended it to fly!
snrek is offline Find More Posts by snrek
Old Jan 22, 2010, 08:31 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,856 Posts
Hi Sean,
I want to take this opportunity to thank you for treating me like a VIP as you promised. I got the parts I need today via USPS Priority for my downed GH, I will reimburse for the postage. Thanks again.

My wish list of parts is to be followed after dinner.

By the way guys,
I had one flight of my Slow Hawk 3 this afternoon with minor ridge lift support on a TP2000-2S with 25 clocked minutes air time, one pack.
LifeisGood is offline Find More Posts by LifeisGood
Old Jan 22, 2010, 10:27 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,856 Posts
LIG,

GH - 2 sets of 3 gears and 2 steel pinions, 1 set of ferruls ( prefer larger ID >.157" close to .187")

SH - 2 sets of 3 gears and 2 steel pinions, 1 set of ferruls ( perfer .157" ID), 2 sets of ferrul hindge plates and upper secure plates.

SlowHopper - 1 set of all gears, 1 set of steel pinion, 1 set of ferrul hindge plates and upper secure plates, and 1 set of ferruls.

Need to figure out how to pay though.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 12:19 AM
Joined Apr 2006
1,856 Posts
By the way, if add the full set of 3 gears I need now my GH will need 3 sets of 3 gears and 3 pinions in total.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 01:50 AM
Kjell Dahlberg
Mallorca Spain
Joined Nov 2005
1,119 Posts
Sean.
I think this thread is a good idea.
Sometime the E-mail order can be lost in the Spam.
This is my list;
(1) Four (4) Bearing Plates.
(2) Four (4) 1.750" long Gear Shafts with end Screws.
Pls. E-mail me the cost and I will pay PayPal
Kjell
KJELL is offline Find More Posts by KJELL
Old Jan 23, 2010, 12:18 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,448 Posts
Yeah this is a good idea I think. Okay, thanks to everyone who has updated me. I will report here when each part order ships. I'm working hard all weekend, my wife and son went to the rec center so they are out of my hair all day...so I expect Monday to be a big shipping day.
Kinkade is offline Find More Posts by Kinkade
Old Jan 23, 2010, 12:23 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,856 Posts
Great thanks Sean. Please mail all my parts to me ASAP via USPS priority and I will reimburse the posteage along with the $5.00 postage for the items I received last Friday, plus any handling fee, if you wish. Please let me know if you are not clear what I need. Thanks again, your are "The Man", Sean.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 10:41 AM
Cape Town SA
Joined Jan 2010
65 Posts
Hi Sean If you could would you send me the tracking number for my PH. PLZ
Dragon Breath is offline Find More Posts by Dragon Breath
Old Jan 26, 2010, 02:16 AM
Kjell Dahlberg
Mallorca Spain
Joined Nov 2005
1,119 Posts
Hi Sean.
Are there any delivery date of my parts?
Kjell
Old Jan 26, 2010, 02:25 AM
Joined Jan 2004
405 Posts
Hey Sean. So I just saw this thread - I don't usually browse around the forums.

Reminder, I guess: I need a matching pair of con-rods for my SH3 (which is flying fairly well on the mismatched set) and a set of main gears for my grounded Shrike.

Hope you get to it soon. I've been trying to get the parts for a few weeks now and haven't heard back from you in over a week.
barneyj is offline Find More Posts by barneyj
Old Jan 28, 2010, 01:19 AM
Joined May 2007
42 Posts
Great to see parts may be available for my birds, one has been grounded for well over a year and I cannot remember the last time I flew my SH. Can I get parts for my SH2 & YH? spars & ferrules for the SH2 and a frame & motor for the YH. BTW I have a suggestion for reinforcing the conn rod connecting point on the ferrules which seem to strip out on me or shear off.

Thanks
Richard
RDking is offline Find More Posts by RDking
Old Jan 28, 2010, 08:39 AM
Kjell Dahlberg
Mallorca Spain
Joined Nov 2005
1,119 Posts
Sean.
The 17.01.2010 you posted this e-mail.

Hi Kjell,
The parts are ready. I'll ship them out asap.
Why are you not posting the parts?
Kjell
Old Jan 31, 2010, 08:44 AM
Cape Town SA
Joined Jan 2010
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinkade View Post
Dragon Breath,

Your Park Hawk ships on Monday. It will have the new Lite Hawk wing sail and other new refinements.
Hey Sean

It's been sort of a week since you last posted any thing regarding my PH3.

It would be nice if you could replay to my emails as well.

DB
Dragon Breath is offline Find More Posts by Dragon Breath