HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 21, 2010, 12:17 PM
Kentucky
Joined Dec 2008
497 Posts
Discussion
Welcome!

Welcome to the Murray Radio Control Modelers Forum!

We are a group of RC aircraft hobbyist in Western Kentucky. Our flying field is located at the Murray/Calloway County Airport. Meetings are held at the flying field or the airport pavilion on the second Saturday of each month at 9:30 AM. Anyone interested interested in learning more about our group is welcome to attend.

Murray Radio Control Modelers Website: http://murrayrc.com

Flying site information: http://www.modelaircraft.org/clubdetails.aspx?club=1728

Our Local Hobby Shop: http://jacksonpurchasehobbies.org/
Ranandar is offline Find More Posts by Ranandar
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2010, 01:11 PM
Joined Nov 2007
19 Posts
Thanks for this thread

Thanks for getting this set up for us Randy. I also want to remind everyone of our next meeting on Feb.8. Joe has promised to build a Big Nasty as a demonstration at the meeting.
HRice is offline Find More Posts by HRice
Old Jan 22, 2010, 06:54 AM
Joined Dec 2003
5 Posts
Looks good, I see and hear things happening with the club. Hope to see everyone at the field when the weather gets better.

Andy Darnell
Snake is offline Find More Posts by Snake
Old Jan 22, 2010, 12:53 PM
Joined Nov 2007
19 Posts
Ed was telling me about the new job. Congrats Andy - hope it is going well.
Hal
Old Jan 22, 2010, 06:26 PM
Joined Dec 2003
5 Posts
Well I started the new job and I did not like it so I quit. Ed offered me a job at the shop and I took that. I am now an employee at the hobby shop. I really like working there and helping people with modeling.

Andy
Old Jan 25, 2010, 10:05 AM
Joined Nov 2007
19 Posts
Glad to have you at the shop Andy. A great asset for Ed and all the rest of us who think JP Hobbies is as good as it gets in LHS. Just wanted to tell you I had a problem setting up elevons with the DX6i radio. The instruction manual is wrong in it's directions. Found some posts on the forum on how to get it to work. You have to set it as dual ailerons and then slave the flap function to the elevator to get it to function. May have to tweak the reverses on a servo but it works great this way plus you can also use the Flap function. Just thought I would tell you in case someone else comes in with the problem.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 05:32 PM
Joined Dec 2003
5 Posts
That is good info. I have not worked with the DX6 very much. Most of the people I help either fly helis or want to so they get the DX7. The DX6 will not fly a nitro heli or atleast not very well.

Ed has been working hard to improve things at the LHS and I think he has done a good job. There are many more plans that we have. We both hope that people can come and get help give info and just hang out and talk. We do not want it to be just a place to go and buy stuff.

I am going to try to make it to the next meeting but Saturdays are very busy at the shop so I am not sure we will see.

Andy
Old Jan 28, 2010, 02:18 PM
Joined Nov 2007
19 Posts
I like the idea of the shop being something besides a place to buy stuff. I know you have to sell to stay in business but if people are coming in to hang out they will wind up buying sooner or later. The great thing about this shop is the help people get when they come in. I was really impressed last week while I was there when you helped the kid fix his car and set a plane up for another guy. All of this in an hour or so. You will definitely see more of me on Saturday mornings. Just have the coffee on
Old Jan 28, 2010, 06:14 PM
Joined Dec 2003
5 Posts
Hal,
I know that the Murray RC club is working on ways to increase their membership and get more things happening at the field. You might consider making a flyer to post at the shop. This would give new pilots the information needed. We always tell new people about the club but if there was a flyer that they could take with them it might be better.

Just something to think about.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 10:35 AM
Joined Nov 2007
19 Posts
Will do

thanks Andy. I will get a flyer ready to post. Anyone else with ideas - please pass them along. I would like to see more activity on this thread from club members. This is a great place to tell everyone what you are doing, when you are planning to go to the field, etc.
Hal
Old Feb 19, 2010, 01:38 PM
Scott Schriver
Puryear, TN
Joined Feb 2010
19 Posts
I'm here now

Well, I finally found this forum with help from Bill. I uploaded pictures of my plane in the other thread.

I might have a new model to show off at next meeting. I am working on a Hotline (warmliner) model. Cant really call it a Hotliner since I am only running about 500W versus 1kW-2kW motors.
sceptre5276 is offline Find More Posts by sceptre5276
Old Feb 28, 2010, 03:17 PM
Kentucky
Joined Dec 2008
497 Posts
Pre-Season Flights

I just returned from the airport field where I finally got to put something in the air after a long winter. 16.5 minutes on my combat wing and almost 13 on my Parkzone P-51D Mustang BL BNF.

The field is drying out nicely and I was able to get in and out without leaving ruts. I may go out again in a few minutes if I can get a battery charged.
Ranandar is offline Find More Posts by Ranandar
Old Mar 10, 2010, 09:54 AM
Western KY
Joined Sep 2003
1,597 Posts
With the nice weather last Saturday, it was good to see some guys flying at the field. I was pleasantly surprised at how well the runway held up thru the winter. We should be see some green in the near future and more activity with the warming weather.

andy
Andrew0820 is offline Find More Posts by Andrew0820
Last edited by Andrew0820; Mar 10, 2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 09:22 PM
Joined Dec 2003
5 Posts
I wish I could have come out. But you know I work on Saturdays. I did get to do some flying on Sunday and it was great. Hard to believe how rusty I am after only a few months.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 07:27 AM
Joined Nov 2007
19 Posts
Saturday

Glad you cold get some time in at the field Snake. Sorry you couldn't make it Saturday but if I had known you were going Sunday I would have come out to join you. Next week we will be going on DST so maybe we can find an afternoon that will work. Andy B. and I like to go after we get off at 4:30. It gives us a good flying window with the wind usually low and the sun far to the west makes a good environment to fly. Have a good week!