HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Mark Canfield, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 10:54 AM
Carlsbad, Calif
Joined Mar 2007
661 Posts
Build Log
Finish Gulp SR Re-build

Next I started on the new fuse. Decided to add a switch & charging lead on top under a plywood lid. Continued with carving out the removable nose cone to allow for the battery, Rx, and balancing lead (this removable nose seems like a really great idea Steve has come up with). I ran the push rods through the wing and lined up the linkage. Got her wrapped up in one layer of bi-directional tape and started the covering. I was on a Green kick so I picked up some Kawasaki Green Ultra Coat and went to town. Finished with some pin-striping and was very happy with the outcome. Did some test throws in the park and went for the maiden. She flew like a dream. The SR is one fast foamy and bangs a turn like a pro. (move ahead 2 months) I've since added some laminating film to stiffen her up and push the backside speed. Got 124mph at Parker in about 20-25mph winds. Wings were flexing at that speed so I didn't push it. All in all I was very please with the SR's overall flight performance. The frontside is definitely where is shines.
Will be looking at the DSII soon.
Mark Canfield is offline Find More Posts by Mark Canfield
to remove ads between posts