HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 18, 2011, 02:21 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamfoster View Post
This is driving me crazy! I have downloaded the latest HP 22 software on my wifes computer, connected everthing up as per the instructions and start the upgrade to Version 1.08(1)
Everthing goes to plan right up to the (OK) and the Aurura 9 screen but the "Version changed" image does not appear on the transmitter screen even after leaving everything connected for several minutes.Without this I cannot reboot the system and bind my Minima receivers.I have now tried three times with the same result.Any Suggestions.???
Manual for both the HPP-22 upgrade and the Aurora A9 version changes is attached.
(During a version change, the A9's LED flashes whilst screen remains blank.)

Check the 3rd to last picture, user must click the "OK", then 2nd to last picture appears
and shows new version number in bottom right corner.
. Turn off HPP-22 programme.
. Screen on A9 will then light and request confirmation of change.
. If A9 already held the same version as selected for upload, no confirmation will appear.
. To Confirm version on A9:
Switch on, No, select "System" < [Info] to confirm Version: Ver. 1.08(1).

Otherwise refer:
Hitec Warranty & Service
Note: Hitec USA only services North/South America and Canada. All other countries see appropriate distributor for service.
• If you are from a country that is outside North and South America, please contact the
Hitec distributor in your country for service.

Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS Spectra Modules, Optima Transceivers & Telemetry - FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
(quick search = Ctrl+F)
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2011, 03:25 PM
Surrey, UK/Punta Gorda Florida
Joined Nov 2003
45 Posts
Thanks Alan. I did the last line, info says I have Version 1.08(1) but the blue light will not come on when I try the bind process so I guess its back to Hitec and no flying for a couple of weeks.
grahamfoster is offline Find More Posts by grahamfoster
Old Nov 18, 2011, 03:41 PM
Surrey, UK/Punta Gorda Florida
Joined Nov 2003
45 Posts
Later, I just spoke to Tony at Hitec and he told me that as well as upgrading the transmitter firmware you have to upgrade the module firmware via the HPP-22 and the plug under the label below the link sign.
grahamfoster is offline Find More Posts by grahamfoster
Old Nov 18, 2011, 04:14 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamfoster View Post
Later, I just spoke to Tony at Hitec and he told me that as well as upgrading the transmitter firmware you have to upgrade the module firmware via the HPP-22 and the plug under the label below the link sign.
Good that all is now sorted. Module upgrade to 3.01 was highlighted post #327 with references to full instructions.
" Notice: Minima 6 receivers require that the module or transmitter have firmware version 3.01 installed to operate.
For more information on firmware version click HERE"

Perhaps a little ambiguous in some countries as "transmitters" refers to the Optic 6 Sport, Optic 5 etc.
which have the modules permanently installed.

Alan T.
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.