HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2010, 03:03 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
417 Posts
Discussion
The End Of The Obama Healthcare Plan

Well it looks like it's all over for the most part. This bill is pretty much going to be scrapped. I would guess something much more partisan will be put in it's place. The democrats will be ready to come to the table and actually negotiate. At this point they need to have something, anything pass before the next election and they can claim some kind of success on healthcare.

Obama, Reid and other top democrats came out and said there would be no movement on the plan until after Brown is sat. They know if they tried to push this through before then the backlash would be HUGE. I think they finally got the point that the majority of Americans are against what they have brought to the table. This basically signifies the end of the horrible health bill that has been in play.

This is great stuff.
RumRunner_1492 is online now Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Jan 20, 2010, 03:08 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Don't count it out. Keep the pressure on. it's not dead until it's dead. It needs a stake though it's heart, and then to be hung around the neck of every single member who ever voted for it.
MtnGoat is online now Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Jan 20, 2010, 04:15 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2008
2,937 Posts
Why do they need to "reinvent the wheel" when it comes to health care in the first place ? Wouldnt eliminating the fraud in the system we have now pay off more in the long run ? Everyones heard the storys of $200 asprins and $5000 MRIs - why not go after whoever is pocketing all this money for grossly overinflated services and leave the system otherwise alone ?
init4fun is offline Find More Posts by init4fun
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 20, 2010, 04:17 PM
'Merica!
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Sep 2007
691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
Why do they need to "reinvent the wheel" when it comes to health care in the first place ? Wouldnt eliminating the fraud in the system we have now pay off more in the long run ? Everyones heard the storys of $200 asprins and $5000 MRIs - why not go after whoever is pocketing all this money for grossly overinflated services and leave the system otherwise alone ?
I agree, we should go after the lawyers.
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Old Jan 20, 2010, 04:29 PM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
Don't count it out. Keep the pressure on. it's not dead until it's dead. It needs a stake though it's heart, and then to be hung around the neck of every single member who ever voted for it.
My biggest fear is that people will get complacent thinking that "we've won", when the fight is just starting and will get even tougher if Conservatives get lazy. So much work to do...

Quote:
Yes, there is fraud, but that can be easily handled the moment politicians decide that they want to stop it. For so many reasons, I always wonder if they really want to stop it because doing so might affect their next election chances... if you know what I mean.
As far as healthcare itself, all I want to see is for them to get into just the three main problems that exist today:
1. Portability so that people changing from one insurance company to another aren't penalized for pre-existing conditions.
2. Tort Reform... big time.
3. Allow insurance companies to sell across state lines so that real competition can take place.

That's it. Screw the uninsured because the majority of the uninsured make enough money to buy a new car but don't want to pay for their own health insurance, and those that REALLY need financial assistance in order to buy insurance can easily be given federal subsidies at little cost, but ONLY if they can legitimately prove they are BELOW the poverty level (not three times above it as it's now written).
Lastly on the "uninsured" problem, let's give doctors tax breaks for time that they volunteer to work at free clinics. Problem solved.
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Jan 20, 2010, 05:48 PM
Alarm Bells Continuing!
Arizona
Joined Oct 2001
276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight View Post
My biggest fear is that people will get complacent thinking that "we've won", when the fight is just starting and will get even tougher if Conservatives get lazy. So much work to do...
I'm looking forward to a Spring, Summer and Fall full of tea parties to remind everyone that we're as mad as hell and we're not going to take it anymore!
Big Foot 48 is online now Find More Posts by Big Foot 48
Old Jan 20, 2010, 10:23 PM
Joined Jan 2009
585 Posts
Glad kennedy went out like this.... letting something he stood for get shot down through the re-election of his seat. Maybe its karma coming back for that murder.
drew1231 is offline Find More Posts by drew1231
Old Jan 20, 2010, 10:25 PM
Joined Jan 2009
585 Posts
Quote:
You have to look at it from the liberal/progressive POV...

That will not benefit the minorities at the expense of tax payers. Hence not farming the votes get them by.
drew1231 is offline Find More Posts by drew1231
Old Jan 21, 2010, 11:18 AM
Suspended Account
United States, UT, Salina
Joined Apr 2003
3,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Foot 48 View Post
I'm looking forward to a Spring, Summer and Fall full of tea parties to remind everyone that we're as mad as hell and we're not going to take it anymore!
Me too I hope they become a very common place event and have to be reckoned with by the likes of OBamba and Nancy Pants to just communicate.
Bilbobaker is offline Find More Posts by Bilbobaker