Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 21, 2003, 02:48 AM
Joined Jul 2002
157 Posts
Hi, Guy,

I been talked to the Li-items maker, they make some Li items that you modeler are using. For safety, they can do some more items, but they did not make them. A switch able Li-charger is the one.

I test the switchable Li-charger prototype and it work perfectly for both 2 and 3 cell pack by correct switching, but in case any wrong set up, they knew everything is gone, even this a consumer's fault.

So they decide to produce only the fix cell version. 2 cell go to the 2 cell charger, 3 cell go to the 3 cell charger. much Less confusion (I am not going to say no confusion). Because safety is the most concern before everything.

If you worry about the same problem happen again, two cheap simple fix cell chargers may be the solution.

Good luck!

enjoycht
enjoycht is offline Find More Posts by enjoycht
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2003, 07:56 AM
Eat, sleep and FLY
Conway, Arkansas
Joined Dec 2002
436 Posts
Two chargers..

Quote:
Originally posted by enjoycht
Hi, Guy,

If you worry about the same problem happen again, two cheap simple fix cell chargers may be the solution.

Good luck!

enjoycht
I use the really simple circuit board charger which requires moving a pin jumper to accomodate the different number of cells. Very basic, but it works (as long as I set it properly). Perhaps, two different charger stations, one two cell one three cell would be a good idea.

My real point of this thread is to draw attention to the FACT that these batteries can cause a fire under the correct (or incorrect ) circumstances. They really need to be charged in a container for safety reasons.
BigDave is offline Find More Posts by BigDave
Old May 21, 2003, 08:08 AM
Joined Jul 2002
157 Posts
BigDave,

It is true, I believe everybody got lots "Bomb" around, I personal have more than 30 Li packs. if any of us do not pay attention on what we are playing with, some day we will on the headline.

enjoycht
enjoycht is offline Find More Posts by enjoycht