HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 15, 2010, 12:36 PM
Canada, ON, Orangeville
Joined Mar 2006
334 Posts
Power Up 25 Electric Motor

Just received a new motor from Headsup RC, it is a Power Up 25 Speed, 1200 kv. Going to run it with a 8 x 6 prop to see how it performs. It has great quality, is almost the same size as the Eflite and just about the same weight.
The cost is $29.95 us. Check out the specs at Headsuprc.com. Lots of great items, at low prices and fast shipping.

Ken
No snow in Ontario, just sunny and windy.
k.fluney is offline Find More Posts by k.fluney
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2010, 10:46 PM
Fort Worth, Texas
Joined Nov 2002
185 Posts
Got this little bird dialed in pretty well today, can't wait for the race! These planes just fly so well.
DBA-FW is offline Find More Posts by DBA-FW
Old Oct 18, 2010, 05:35 PM
Southampton UK
Joined Dec 2006
94 Posts
With so many attractive models being presented in this thread can i ask for a list of whose supplying kits now and costs please . Currently in the UK all we have is the Pogo and a shoestring variant in development .The building season is here and be good to advertise whats available so we can encourage new members to start preparing . Many would be pilots are not prepared to design from scratch but even with a plan and part kit the task becomes considerable easier - thanks
FLYTILIDIE is offline Find More Posts by FLYTILIDIE
Old Oct 18, 2010, 06:28 PM
Afghanistanimation
United States, TX, Killeen
Joined Sep 2006
1,171 Posts
Super T has some short kits http://www.supertrc.com/results.asp?category=14
johnnychimpo is offline Find More Posts by johnnychimpo
Old Oct 18, 2010, 09:38 PM
Fort Worth, Texas
Joined Nov 2002
185 Posts
Johnnychimpo, were you at the EF1 race in Fort Worth yesterday?? I am Blake, we talked about mountain biking if you are who I think...
Old Oct 19, 2010, 07:09 AM
Afghanistanimation
Joined Sep 2006
1,171 Posts
Yeah, that's me Blake. Supertroopers came out around my first tour to Afghanistan. Been using this screen name ever since.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 08:18 AM
Fort Worth, Texas
Joined Nov 2002
185 Posts
It was great having you come up for the races! I'm hoping we will do EF1 at our next Q25 series race. It is scheduled for November 14, 2010 at Thunderbird Field at Lake Benbrook.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 12:25 PM
Afghanistanimation
Joined Sep 2006
1,171 Posts
I had a great time flying with you all as well. I should be able to make it for that race as well depending on my schedule. So far so good.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 01:25 PM
Joined Mar 2010
36 Posts
In Europe we have http://www.rbckits.com/shop/index.ph...&productId=617 selling Electric formula 1 kits
rvdb is offline Find More Posts by rvdb
Old Oct 19, 2010, 02:23 PM
Canada, NS, Lunenburg
Joined Oct 1999
3,867 Posts
I heard a rumour that the Tomcat is quite a difficult build.
DaveSawers is offline Find More Posts by DaveSawers
Old Oct 19, 2010, 02:44 PM
USA
Joined Jul 2002
787 Posts
Dave seriously, this coming from a guy that built the Nemesis and Outrageous. The TOMCAT is a slab side foam wing core build. You are kidding right?

DK
dkane is offline Find More Posts by dkane
Old Oct 19, 2010, 03:49 PM
Fort Worth, Texas
Joined Nov 2002
185 Posts
I put the fuse together for that little silver plane from a bag of laser cut parts Jerry gave me... there were no instructions and a bunch of pieces that I didn't use, but it literally took less than an hour to build and cover... heck, even the vacu-formed bits were easy to do... I do have an original Lil Toni kit I bought from Jerry, and the main reason I have not built it is I hate dealing with sheeting foam wings.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 03:50 PM
Fort Worth, Texas
Joined Nov 2002
185 Posts
Oh, Lil Toni shipped 100.00
Old Oct 19, 2010, 03:52 PM
Afghanistanimation
Joined Sep 2006
1,171 Posts
Just started a thread for available kits. I would like to build one before i ship out next year. I really would like a mid wing EF1 though.
Last edited by johnnychimpo; Oct 19, 2010 at 04:05 PM.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 05:30 PM
Southampton UK
Joined Dec 2006
94 Posts
rvdb- thanks for link - can you advise if the RBC kit replicates the little Toni shown earlier inthe NMPRA thread - is there any changes between the model shown and the european kitted variant . i believe the original version had a foam wing balsa clad and i recall talk of the RBC kit being a semi kit still leaving certian parts to be obtained elsewhere . If so then the RBC semi kit is also same price as a pogo . Still want a toni though - thanks
FLYTILIDIE is offline Find More Posts by FLYTILIDIE