HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 02, 2010, 04:22 PM
Wandering IT geek
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Aug 2005
3,933 Posts
Thanks Randy. Our club runs two pole races... will have to look and see if a three pole race would be possible or if we could setup a course which complies with the .20 two pole course.
ronin4740 is offline Find More Posts by ronin4740
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2010, 05:04 PM
Southampton UK
Joined Dec 2006
94 Posts
Never run a 2 pole course ( apart fom an indoor event with screaming cox 020 on 40 %nitro) - much prefer the original 3 pole . Seems to me 3 pole is also safer as models always fly around the pilots and flagmen . Also with original concept of flaggers at base and top pylon there would always be someone close in case of a model going in to be able to remove the cells . Am i showing my age here or am i in neeed of education on the latest techniques -
FLYTILIDIE is offline Find More Posts by FLYTILIDIE
Old Feb 02, 2010, 07:01 PM
Caution:Makes sharp left turns
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Feb 1999
6,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien_Tech View Post
I was finally able to finish my plans fo the Nemesis EF-1. I plan to offer it as a laser cut kit in the near future. I am willing to sell the plans at this point as long as you understand that this has not been built or flown yet. I'm sure it will fly great, but I would usually like to prove it to myself first. These are very nicely detailed with full size parts and core templates. Although it is designed to be laser cut with tab & notch type construction, you could easily leave the tabs off and hand cut the parts.

I will be producing machine cut cores and fiberlass parts for those who want to build plans only in the future.

Plans are $25 shipped ConUS rolled up in a sturdy tube. If you are outside the US, let me know and we can work something out.
That Nemi looks sweet!
Troy is offline Find More Posts by Troy
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2010, 07:43 PM
Pile-it
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Nov 2007
1,682 Posts
Indoor nitro?!?!! Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYTILIDIE View Post
Never run a 2 pole course ( apart fom an indoor event with screaming cox 020 on 40 %nitro) - much prefer the original 3 pole . Seems to me 3 pole is also safer as models always fly around the pilots and flagmen . Also with original concept of flaggers at base and top pylon there would always be someone close in case of a model going in to be able to remove the cells . Am i showing my age here or am i in neeed of education on the latest techniques -
Alien_Tech is online now Find More Posts by Alien_Tech
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2010, 07:44 PM
Pile-it
Joined Nov 2007
1,682 Posts
Thanks Troy...can't wait to get one in the air

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy View Post
That Nemi looks sweet!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2010, 12:51 AM
United States, MI, Monroe
Joined Mar 2000
782 Posts
Miss Lynn

Here is a pic of the Miss Lynn Working on a EF1
Kevin Matney is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Matney
Old Feb 03, 2010, 07:14 AM
Speed Demon
Antioch,CA,USA
Joined Dec 1999
12,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Matney View Post
Nice!

Does the Miss Lynn have a flat plate airfoil? Sure looks that way from the pic.
GregG is offline Find More Posts by GregG
Old Feb 03, 2010, 07:33 AM
Engine Category Manager - EVO,
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Aug 2005
248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Matney View Post

Sure look like the Sundowner with a new paint scheme! Glad to see the airframe still lives on.
Pete Bergstrom is offline Find More Posts by Pete Bergstrom
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 03, 2010, 10:19 AM
Pile-it
Joined Nov 2007
1,682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregG View Post
Nice!

Does the Miss Lynn have a flat plate airfoil? Sure looks that way from the pic.
Sure is thin isn't it!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2010, 10:22 AM
Taylor,Mi,USA
Joined Mar 2001
109 Posts
EF-1 Miss Lynn

Here is the Miss Lynn that I designed for the EF-1 event.
Pete, The Miss Lynn is not the Sundowner, it just another modified Cassut. Unfortunity it was lost in a practice crash in 2005 or 2006. It hasn't been rebuilt to my knowledge.
The Sundowner is still flying under the Name of Okie something. I can't remember the right name just now.

Arch Adamisin
Arch Adamisin is offline Find More Posts by Arch Adamisin
Old Feb 03, 2010, 11:06 AM
USA, TX, Midland
Joined Nov 2002
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Adamisin View Post
Here is the Miss Lynn that I designed for the EF-1 event.
Pete, The Miss Lynn is not the Sundowner, it just another modified Cassut. Unfortunity it was lost in a practice crash in 2005 or 2006. It hasn't been rebuilt to my knowledge.
The Sundowner is still flying under the Name of Okie something. I can't remember the right name just now.

Arch Adamisin
Miss Lynn was crashed at a race in Oklohoma several years ago. It was rebuilt and was lost along with it's pilot, Erica Simpson, in a crash leading up to the Reno Air Races in 2008.
JFisher304 is online now Find More Posts by JFisher304
Old Feb 03, 2010, 11:26 AM
USA, TX, Midland
Joined Nov 2002
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Adamisin View Post

Arch Adamisin
It is flying under the name Sly Dog, and is currently for sale. The last Okie name it carried was Okie Swinger.
JFisher304 is online now Find More Posts by JFisher304
Old Feb 03, 2010, 07:21 PM
Muncie, Indiana
Joined Jan 2009
332 Posts
Okay Gang, made some more progress on the Boo Ray. I stopped to make a rendering to make sure it was what I wanted. I like to see what it looks like before I build. The plans are next. Flats are just about complete.

Plan is to have foam wings with 1/16" balsa skins. I have made a rib set for both the taper wing and CC wing so it could be builder's choice. Should have plans by the weekend.

Archie Adamisin
Muncie, Indiana
Iceman67 is online now Find More Posts by Iceman67
Old Feb 03, 2010, 08:23 PM
Joined Apr 2009
17 Posts
Although I'm probably supposed to keep this quiet, I cannot contain my excitement! I have received and built the latest prototype LR1A from Horizon. I can't begin to relate my amazement at the job they have done with this airplane. From opening the box to having it ready to fly took only 4 hours - including all radio and power systems. This kit is a masterpiece of engineering and model building with the quality of materials and construction well beyond anything I have ever seen.

Then there is how it flies! It is a fantastic flying airplane. Anybody who likes a fast sport airplane will absolutely love to fly this airplane. It does a slow roll from one end of the field to the other and if you mix out the proverse yaw will do a really great job of the pattern schedule. And this is with the current 1100 motor, E-Flite 2500 4s and E-flite 60 amp ESC and an APC 8-8 electric prop. The new 1250 motor should make it even better!

Racing these is going to be an absolute BLAST!!!! With products like these coming from the major hobby companies at reasonable prices, people everywhere will want to race these. Everybody who has seen this airplane fly has begged to fly it, and to a man, wants to know where, and how soon they can get one.

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME THAT HAPPENED WITH A PYLON RACER?!?!?

Jerry Small has done a brilliant job of designing and Pete Bergstrom and Horizon an incredible job of producing an amazing airplane.
smacfe is offline Find More Posts by smacfe
Old Feb 03, 2010, 08:35 PM
Electron Abuser
Allen, Texas (North Dallas)
Joined Oct 2002
335 Posts
Congratulations to Pete! Congratulations to Scott!

I congratulate Jerry everytime I talk to him. It's you guys turn.
John Jennings is offline Find More Posts by John Jennings