USA, LA, Lafayette
Joined Oct 2009
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubs View Post
Not sure if this thread is dead or not but here we go

I recently nose dived into the ground and the motor mount disinigrated

will try to rebuild instead of replacing the entire fuse which is not needed

looked at the motor mount mentioned earlier but it seems to be a bit larger then needed also worried about added weight

can someone please send the all measurements of the motor mount from the firewall (top, bottom, left, right, and front)

seems like an easy rebuild but need the measurements to get everything right. Not sure if the right thrust angle and down angle are built into the firewall or the mount itself

Please help me out guys Please
Ill let you know how that motor mount works out.....just ordered one from TH.
oilfield1 is offline Find More Posts by oilfield1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2010, 11:20 AM
USA, NY, Lancaster
Joined May 2010
136 Posts
Has anyone used a different COG than whats marked on the wings? I set the plane up yesterday and had to add 1oz of weight to the engine mount to get it close to balancing, and it was still a little tail heavy with the batteries all the way forward. When I went to taxi for takeoff, it kept tipping over on it's nose, I moved the battery back towards the rear and hand launched and it flew beautifully.
Thanks,
Lumpy
lumpy649 is online now Find More Posts by lumpy649
Old Sep 26, 2010, 04:55 PM
Jacksonville Il
Joined Sep 2010
8 Posts
hey guys i just signed up and been reading up on this plane. I have only trained few times but want to get back into it and this plane seems to be a great deal. also i have a 30 dollar off rite now so i can purchase the rtf kit bought and shipped for 222 and will prob buy and xtra battery. Anyone think i should just jump on the deal?
09LancerGuy is offline Find More Posts by 09LancerGuy
Old Sep 27, 2010, 07:58 AM
DFW Texas
Joined Feb 2010
275 Posts
Lancer..

I cannot speak highly enough of this little plane. I have now used it to get NUMEROUS friends and family in the air... Not to sure of the RX/TX with the RTF.. I bought mine plug n play... And WORKS GREAT!

Great Bird!
JavaScript is offline Find More Posts by JavaScript
Old Sep 27, 2010, 03:11 PM
Jacksonville Il
Joined Sep 2010
8 Posts
Thanks. I am prob gonna get it ordered in next few days. I even just got an email from tower for free shipping along with my 30 dollars off lol. I actually only live 2 hours from where tower hobbies is located lol.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 03:10 PM
Jacksonville Il
Joined Sep 2010
8 Posts
Ok guys,

I ordered my Nexstar mini ep today. Its the RTF version and with an extra battery and got it bought and shipped for 239.23. I should have it anywhere from this friday to monday. Ill get it put together and post a pic.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 03:35 PM
DFW Texas
Joined Feb 2010
275 Posts
SWEET! Congrats Lancer... post your pics, and video if you can
Old Oct 05, 2010, 10:33 AM
Jacksonville Il
Joined Sep 2010
8 Posts
I have a question. I got my plane and put together but I need to charge my 2 new batteries. Well when I plug them in to the charger both lights blink which says it means error. I don't understand why both new batteries are getting errors. Also when I plug batteries into plane everything works for a sec except prop but it quits and I hear a high pitched whining noise. Idk if it's just they so dead or what???
Old Oct 05, 2010, 12:41 PM
DFW Texas
Joined Feb 2010
275 Posts
Not sure... Is that all your charger will tell you?

If the Lipo's have a low cell then... No your charger will not charge them.

Check your connectors... Also that airplane... you have to "arm" the esc every time.

With TX on... Plug in the battery.... Motor will beep... Move the Throttle stick from all the way down to all the way up.

It will beep again. Then return the throttle stick to off.

The next time you move it the prop will turn... (BE CAREFUL)

JS
Old Oct 05, 2010, 08:56 PM
Jacksonville Il
Joined Sep 2010
8 Posts
ok thanks about the arm thing cuz i didnt know lol. i got my volt meter and one battery is like 5.5 and other is 5.75. Is this a prob and to low to charge?i only have cheap charger they gave me so i dont know what to do.
Old Oct 06, 2010, 07:50 AM
DFW Texas
Joined Feb 2010
275 Posts
Lancer...

Are these 3S batteries? Which is what i run my EP on... the low voltage would be 3.1 volts per cell is as low as my charger will go. The low voltage cutoff with the factory ESC is 3.0... So at their lowest i would think that your voltage would be 9.3 volts.

Sounds like to me you have a bad pack. Or packs

I would recommend a better charger if possible. Everyone has their favorite charger... I have had good luck with the Venom Pro (if you need ac/dc)
My personal favorite is the (DC ONLY) Hyperion 720I... I have 2 of these.

Also Check this out... Usefull reading HERE
Old Oct 06, 2010, 01:31 PM
Jacksonville Il
Joined Sep 2010
8 Posts
Ya i called them and they are both low and they are sending me 2 new batteries. But yes i would like a better charger and one with settings cuz i read a post on someone who was able to get battery back up to voltage to charge. But just a better charger is nice anyway so ill check out the ones u told me about. Guess i just got the bad luck gettin 2 new but bad batteries lol.
Old Oct 06, 2010, 01:36 PM
DFW Texas
Joined Feb 2010
275 Posts
Yes... Some guys... Will bump them very carefully as a NM battery... for just enough voltage to get them to balance as a LIPO.

I dont recommend it. And never do it personally.

Packs are too cheap and the damage caused by a lipo fire is a big deal.

good luck
Old Oct 07, 2010, 07:59 AM
USA, NC, Winston-Salem
Joined Nov 2009
153 Posts
I have a Mini Nexstar, its a nice airplane. Right now its my primary flyer. I have to use a 2200 battery to get my CG right. I'm not complaning the larger battery gives longer flightimes. As anyone else had a problem with theirs being tailheavy?
MWShelton is offline Find More Posts by MWShelton
Old Oct 07, 2010, 09:29 AM
DFW Texas
Joined Feb 2010
275 Posts
MWShelton... Yes... I had the same issue..

I added some weight in the nose to accomplish this... plus the battery is all the way forward in the compartment.