HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2010, 02:29 PM
Ft Worth TX
Joined Jan 2010
6 Posts
Discussion
EXCEED RC 2.4 GHZ TX/RX help

I just bought this exceed rc 2.4 ghz rx and tx combo. Apparently this thing was meant for hellis, does anyone know how I can program this thing for a 3 channel plane? I have no idea what all the numbers should be set on. Out of the box, both sticks operate the rudder and elevator and I cant figure out how to operate the throttle. Any help would be very much appreciated
ranger55 is offline Find More Posts by ranger55
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2010, 04:45 PM
Prop Buster Extraordinaire
Seattle
Joined Aug 2009
1,201 Posts
It will work for airplanes too. Use T6config to set the type to "acro".

You probably need to arm your ESC or it won't respond to throttle. You connect your battery to the ESC, turn on the transmitter, advance the throttle to full and then to 0. Now your esc should respond to throttle commands.

You should also assign one of the switches to the cut function. It's very useful.
philba is offline Find More Posts by philba
Old Jan 19, 2010, 01:32 PM
Cleveland Tx
Joined Dec 2009
397 Posts
it will definately work on planes I use mine on my Yak...

T6Config install (8 min 30 sec)

that is a quick set up video...you have to take the config FROM heli to plane then it will gray out all the thrt Crv and other heli options and allow you to use it as a plane TX.

So in the system settings area hit the "TYPE" button and as stated above change the setting to ACRO.

BTW ... big +1 to the Thr Cut.
Gonzo454 is offline Find More Posts by Gonzo454
Last edited by Gonzo454; Jan 19, 2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 07:37 AM
I like things :3
Tromsų
Joined May 2007
190 Posts
I just got the flysky fs-ct6a thru the post today
its pretty much the same thing. its my 1st 2.4 ghz system, also my 1st programable
what i really want tho is to set it up for a plane with throttle and mixed elevons.
would also like to know how i can have channels 5 and 6 working on the VR(A) and (B) pots.
I kinda noobly lost the factory settings on the TX when i 1st ran the software XD

(Edit)

I found the big thread on this very type of kit and also found answers to my questions and much more :3
seems my Ipaq will have yet another use :P
bongmaster is offline Find More Posts by bongmaster
Last edited by bongmaster; Jan 25, 2010 at 08:30 AM.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 08:11 AM
New Brunswick, Canada
Joined Oct 2009
59 Posts
Go to mycoolheli.com!
They have the manual and a few setups.

Thats what I did. Once you've read the manual, the program is very simple to use!

If you're throttle isn't working it may be due to the fact that by default the throttle cut is on the left switch. Try flicking the left switch before giving some throttle.

-Vok
Vok_250 is offline Find More Posts by Vok_250
Old Jan 26, 2010, 05:44 PM
Seattle
Joined Aug 2009
1,201 Posts
I don't recall "thro cut" being on by default. As least not on the two that I have. Either way, you will have to go through the ESC arming process to get throttle to work correctly.

That manual really was kind of a joke. Have they fixed the messed up ACRO section? As I recall, the PDF I downloaded had half of the HELI section duplicated under ACRO. What a mess. The SW is simple enough to use without the manual, though so it wan't a big deal for me.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 06:14 PM
New Brunswick, Canada
Joined Oct 2009
59 Posts
The manual I got seemed fine.
Just had to fish out the important stuff.
With a little creativity and some modding, this tx/rx will do anything you can think of.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 09:21 PM
Seattle
Joined Aug 2009
1,201 Posts
heck of a bargain. I just wish it had expo.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 06:04 PM
New Brunswick, Canada
Joined Oct 2009
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by philba View Post
heck of a bargain. I just wish it had expo.
Theres probably an expo mod out there somewhere if you can find it.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 11:28 PM
Seattle
Joined Aug 2009
1,201 Posts
given that it's software in the microcontroller, I kind of doubt it. The annoying thing is that their heli modes have something that looks like expo to me - why couldn't they have made it available for acro mode. sigh.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 11:06 AM
New Brunswick, Canada
Joined Oct 2009
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by philba View Post
given that it's software in the microcontroller, I kind of doubt it. The annoying thing is that their heli modes have something that looks like expo to me - why couldn't they have made it available for acro mode. sigh.
Yeah I noticed that too! The acro mode didn't have nearly as many potions as the heli modes.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 11:52 AM
Red Lake Falls, MN
Joined Aug 2004
157 Posts
FCC Sticker?

Anyone know if this has an "FCC" sticker and number on it? If so where and what # is it? Show pic if possible, thanks.
rlfgary is offline Find More Posts by rlfgary
Old Mar 23, 2010, 10:36 PM
Seattle
Joined Aug 2009
1,201 Posts
Neither of mine have an FCC number on it but the big thread in the radio section has links to the FCC pages for the flysky radio.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 10:04 AM
Cleveland Tx
Joined Dec 2009
397 Posts
Many times FCC information is printed on the board in cases such as this, modems and wireless NIC cards often have board printed information as well...feel free to open yours and have a look.
Gonzo454 is offline Find More Posts by Gonzo454