HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 18, 2011, 09:32 AM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Mike, can't wait to hear about the viper and that big Slick!

I am praying I get my gear today or tomorrow so I can get mine back in the air Saturday....I have two spare props so I am good there, lol

Otherwise, it's twist time. I have been spending my after work time getting all of my planes transferred to the DX8 I just bought for $250 with a nice aluminum case That is a nice radio! I am sure however I will need to re-trim every plane.....I think I have them close but the trim switches on the DX8 appear to have finer movements than my DX6.
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2011, 10:03 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,200 Posts
ya CRFan1 the dx8 should be nicer than my dx7 and I know the dx7 has nicer everything than the dx6. Finer trims. Bigger end point adjustments help you with 3d throws on smaller servo arms. Better expo. I have to say I envy you If I didn't get my dx7 for like $65 I'd envy you even more
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Aug 18, 2011, 10:06 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,047 Posts
Phewwww staying caught up on thios thread is proving to be difficult these days which is a great thing

Congrats Bill on the race thats awesome !! and a fun vid to boot

Kerwin Glad to hear about the inspiration for your camping trip

Hello Everyone glad to hear about all the flying going on and sorry to hear of the mishaps and problems, I need to get myself a couple of days to put my Tweplica back together I have no fun fly planes at the moment just trainers and war planes. well they're all fun planes to fly I guess

Just trying to stay caught up here
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Aug 18, 2011, 10:24 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Waldo you just need to get Twisted
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Aug 18, 2011, 10:29 AM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
ya CRFan1 the dx8 should be nicer than my dx7 and I know the dx7 has nicer everything than the dx6. Finer trims. Bigger end point adjustments help you with 3d throws on smaller servo arms. Better expo. I have to say I envy you If I didn't get my dx7 for like $65 I'd envy you even more
LOL..65 bucks!! Sweet deal!!

Yeah, I like the finer trims for sure because it seemed I was in between on my elevator on the Slick so it should be good now.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 10:43 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,200 Posts
Ya you will be much happier. the dx6 is really a beginner radio... it had no business being bound to your slick anyways...

I just cleared away the rubble for a new motor box in my 48" edge. I'm starting to get excited for that plane again. It was easier than I thought it would be... it just took 1/4 bottle of CA debonder.

My new motor box will ship out today or tomorrow and get here sometime next week. I should get my 4s packs for the 51 slick today as well. I'm kinda ticked cuz I paid for "faster" shipping and its taking the same amount of time as the regular priced shipping. And why doesn't he automatically give you tracking info? Rant over...
Old Aug 18, 2011, 11:11 AM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Ya you will be much happier. the dx6 is really a beginner radio... it had no business being bound to your slick anyways...

I just cleared away the rubble for a new motor box in my 48" edge. I'm starting to get excited for that plane again. It was easier than I thought it would be... it just took 1/4 bottle of CA debonder.

My new motor box will ship out today or tomorrow and get here sometime next week. I should get my 4s packs for the 51 slick today as well. I'm kinda ticked cuz I paid for "faster" shipping and its taking the same amount of time as the regular priced shipping. And why doesn't he automatically give you tracking info? Rant over...
LOLOL...well, the ole DX6 has been rock solid but I have to say, the 8 is WAY easier to set up and has many more options

Hmmm...my kid is eyeing that 51" SLick so I will curious to hear your thoughts on that one....and man I hate that...you order from some place, pay for fast shipping and they send it 2 days later. WHo did you order from? Frosts my arse!
Old Aug 18, 2011, 11:22 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,200 Posts
your very own valuehobby.com =-/

Honestly I am fine with the "value" you get from them. I just won't pay extra for shipping ever again cuz it makes no difference.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 12:03 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
your very own valuehobby.com =-/

Honestly I am fine with the "value" you get from them. I just won't pay extra for shipping ever again cuz it makes no difference.
Holy crap...just realized they are 45 minutes from where I live....might be easier for me to drive there, lol. I have never used them but man they have good prices on Lipo's!
Old Aug 18, 2011, 12:18 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Mike buy one of theses they are great props and do not break easy.
They can take ground strikes
http://desertaircraft.com/page.php?Page=Mejzlik
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Aug 18, 2011, 01:20 PM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
I will fly one for you this morning Daniel.
Thanks Wayne.... you know something nasty is "blowing in" the wind is 20 G35 with low clouds... hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
Mike, can't wait to hear about the viper and that big Slick!

I am praying I get my gear today or tomorrow so I can get mine back in the air Saturday....I have two spare props so I am good there, lol

Otherwise, it's twist time. I have been spending my after work time getting all of my planes transferred to the DX8 I just bought for $250 with a nice aluminum case That is a nice radio! I am sure however I will need to re-trim every plane.....I think I have them close but the trim switches on the DX8 appear to have finer movements than my DX6.
want to sell the old one
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Old Aug 18, 2011, 01:54 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer View Post
Thanks Wayne.... you know something nasty is "blowing in" the wind is 20 G35 with low clouds... hehe

want to sell the old one
Not sure yet....My kid has a DX6 and it may be good to have a spare, plus, if I leave it as is, it has all my planes in it and it would just be a re-bind and fly if the DX8 had any issues....
Old Aug 18, 2011, 03:42 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Mike buy one of theses they are great props and do not break easy.
They can take ground strikes
http://desertaircraft.com/page.php?Page=Mejzlik
Kerwin,
At $52 each, I don't think those are in my price range any time soon!

I got to maiden my 3DHS 46" Vyper today...woo hoo! The plane flew great; didn't do any 3D stuff yet; just getting it trimmed out, checking battery consumption, watt consumption, and tweaking CG. First flight was tail heavy; second flight was much better. Both landings were 3 pointers; this thing glides in on rails and had many heads turning at the field. Waiting on larger servo control horns before I do any significant 3D stuff. Did I mention that this plane lands really smoothly? Wow.
More pics and hopefully even video to come this weekend at our club's electric fun fly!
-Mike
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Aug 18, 2011, 03:53 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Mike,

That thing looks fantastic! Congrats on the maiden!
Old Aug 18, 2011, 03:58 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,460 Posts
ANyone know a Power HD Servo that is a good fit for the HS-85 MG?
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy