HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 13, 2011, 01:17 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Ok twisted brethren here is a video from my 51 slick maiden on Thursday evening.
Finally, video! Nice job Nate, and nice flying! That airframe is sweet. I'm hoping to have my Vyper finished this week in time for our club's Electric Fun Fly next weekend...you can bet I'll be taking lots of video and picture of that!

I got to fly my Edge 540 this morning, and it flies like a different airplane! I little nose weight and a good CG made it a wonderful plane to fly! Even in a good 10mpg gusty breeze, it flew well. Got three flights on the plane and I'm loving it now. (whew).

Also flew the TT 60 with another guy who had a TT 150...we were playing chase plane and he was making sound effects like "bang bang bang, where's Mike now, I'm gonna get you" (ok so he's still a kid on the inside...it was fun!) Flew the Su-26 as well and I'm getting more comfortable with it. Engine running much better. On landing approach I let the speed drop too much (again ) so it bounced on one wheel and broke my shiny black Xoar prop. Totally pilot error - I have to keep the speed up on this plane! Then storms were moving in, and a fellow club member just got there with his scale AT-6 Texan with a Zenoah G-38 - he decided to fly it anyway, and I took video of him; I'll post it to you tube and put the link here when it's done...great plane, amazing footage, especially since the clouds were rolling in as he was flying! All in all a good day, notwithstanding the broken prop.
-Mike
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 13, 2011, 01:32 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcdicken View Post
Hi All,

Great thead and a great topic! Love this plane!

Cheers!
I think you would make Mike McConville's day with the design you put on the twist, it has some great features of his designs on the H9 Planes. At first glance I thought it was a Model Magic plane. Very Nice

Quote:
Ok twisted brethren here is a video from my 51 slick maiden on Thursday evening.

It is still processing so it may not work for a few minutes.
Great Flight Nate, its going to be a struggle for me to catch up to your stick skills. The 51 did very well even with the temp bats. I just got my bats today for the 51, repairs are all done, just got to cover the front bottom half of the fuse and remount all the hardware. its going to be slick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschulz View Post
I got to fly my Edge 540 this morning, and it flies like a different airplane! I little nose weight and a good CG made it a wonderful plane to fly! Even in a good 10mpg gusty breeze, it flew well. Got three flights on the plane and I'm loving it now. (whew).

-Mike
Did you do any type of build thread on that plane? I have always wanted one of those. Funny how simple CG can make of break a good flyer eh?
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Aug 13, 2011, 02:04 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Did you do any type of build thread on that plane? I have always wanted one of those. Funny how simple CG can make of break a good flyer eh?
Ron,
I added to an existing build thread here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=394700
Yes, the CG made a huge difference for this plane. I'm a little confused because "I'm sure I checked the CG once I was done building, before my first flight"
-Mike
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old Aug 13, 2011, 02:26 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschulz View Post
Ron,
I added to an existing build thread here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=394700
Yes, the CG made a huge difference for this plane. I'm a little confused because "I'm sure I checked the CG once I was done building, before my first flight"
-Mike
New plane giddys, gets me every time, I know I tied that esc down.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 03:38 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,500 Posts
Welcome RCM and whatta way to introduce your self. That is one fine plane.
I would really like to see some vid's of her flying.

Mike I know exactly how you feel breaking that prop. I'm thinking of getting a melijik 20/6 from DA. It's a black carbon fiber prop and alot more durable than the wood. Right now I'm running an APC 18/6W on my MX. Every since I started bring her i
n really hot she lands really nice. Of course I'm pretty nose heavy.

Everyday I'm that much closer to the 99buckhuck, even though they are out of stock.
I've already explain how much cheaper in the long run this plane will be as it's going to be my MX trainer. LOL
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Aug 13, 2011, 03:52 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,874 Posts
Kerwin I think the buck huck is available at adchobbystore.com. I'm posting from my phone so i hope i recalled the web site address correctly.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Aug 13, 2011, 04:20 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcdicken View Post
Hi All,

Great thead and a great topic! Love this plane!

Thought I would post some pics of my re-covered Mk 1 T___T 40. I beefed up the airframe where suggested in this thread and added an A'works inspired scheme (I used Ultra cote), a custom cowl and wheel pants from an H9 Frenzy. Its a touch heavier than before I started but it doesn't seem to notice a bit. OS 55AX with 12x6 prop for power gives unlimited vertical!

I had McGivered it onto floats 2 years ago when a few of us decided the day before a BBQ at a friends lake property to do some float flying while we were there. Problem for me was I had nothing on floats. I felt the T___T was the ideal candidate. It was amazing on water!! However, it was not easy to switch from wheels to floats and back. I added mods so that I can now have switched over in about 10 min!

Cheers!
Wow! That thing is loud! Great job.

Did not sell the Extra or the YAK.

Sold the FunCub, the UCD 46, and a few other things. One TT40 there but I was not interested in it.

Tired now and the truck and trailer are full. We had some rain this morning and the temps are better. If I get rested, I will get that stuff unloaded and get my TT60 ready for tomorrow.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Aug 13, 2011, 04:24 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,059 Posts
Quote:
Kerwin I think the buck huck is available at adchobbystore.com. I'm posting from my phone so i hope i recalled the web site address correctly.
That is where I ordered my Extra 330SC from. It is supposed to be there by the 16th and shipping to me. muhahahaha

Wow... this will be the first new ARF purchase <balsa> i have made, the rest have been time consuming restorations.

http://www.adchobbystore.com/
Old Aug 13, 2011, 04:28 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,874 Posts
Quote:
That is where I ordered my Extra 330SC from. It is supposed to be there by the 16th and shipping to me. muhahahaha

Wow... this will be the first new ARF purchase <balsa> i have made, the rest have been time consuming restorations.

http://www.adchobbystore.com/
which size extra did you order?

Here ya go kerwin http://www.adchobbystore.com/3DHS-41...range_p_8.html

Thanks for the kind words on my slick maiden guys. I hope my 4s packs get here quick. I don't think I'm going to try flying it on 3s again.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 04:34 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,059 Posts
Quote:
which size extra did you order?

Here ya go kerwin http://www.adchobbystore.com/3DHS-41...range_p_8.html

Thanks for the kind words on my slick maiden guys. I hope my 4s packs get here quick. I don't think I'm going to try flying it on 3s again.
The 57 inch red like the Avitar. It is one of the most popular plans and I love Extras. I have my 80 Extra 300S 50CC still in build mode.

Selling off planes like crazy to making room.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 04:35 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,874 Posts
funny because that is probably the next plane I want. It will run on 4s so it matches up good with what I have to buy for the 51 slick.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 04:49 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,059 Posts
Quote:
funny because that is probably the next plane I want. It will run on 4s so it matches up good with what I have to buy for the 51 slick.
5S3000, I have 2 and 2 more coming on trade for a Glider. I also bought my first new Hitec Servos, HS-225MGs

I just ran across some pics, sort of off topics but I have to share.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 07:30 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,500 Posts
I that your wife as well as you in the photo?
I were to ADC an it says available for back order expected shippement 8/16
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Aug 13, 2011, 07:37 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
I that your wife as well as you in the photo?
I were to ADC an it says available for back order expected shippement 8/16
Yeah, I have the coral shirt, wife is to the right.

Those are coming in on the same shipment as mine. I ordered and paid for one on the web site, got an email from Rob <ADC> and he was in the process of changing the web site, someone had bought the last one 1 hour prior. He wanted to know if I wanted a refund or wait until the 8/16, being that nice a guy, he got my order.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 07:53 PM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,929 Posts
Quote:
5S3000, I have 2 and 2 more coming on trade for a Glider. I also bought my first new Hitec Servos, HS-225MGs

I just ran across some pics, sort of off topics but I have to share.

I've seen that guy before

BTW...That is a 1957-61 PA22-108 Colt a 2 seat version of the TriPacer
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer