SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 12, 2011, 12:47 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
waynemia's Avatar
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer View Post
I have emailed them... this may work
Thanks for the info
Just pretend two blades were shot off in a dog fight.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2011, 03:50 PM
Registered User
SnowDog1974's Avatar
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Just pretend two blades were shot off in a dog fight.
<snort>, <guffaw>, <choke on coffee from laughing>

Good one Wayne...I like your imagination!
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2011, 04:41 PM
Montana Transplant
mt_flyer's Avatar
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,945 Posts
<---- hanging head, walking away, closing door....


Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Just pretend two blades were shot off in a dog fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschulz View Post
<snort>, <guffaw>, <choke on coffee from laughing>

Good one Wayne...I like your imagination!
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2011, 04:50 PM
Registered User
SnowDog1974's Avatar
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer View Post
<---- hanging head, walking away, closing door....
Wait ... don't go yet ... we're just getting started...

I bet your plane was one of the models they used to film the upcoming movie "Red Tails"...!

or

The other two blades were needed to make replacement landing gear struts after a bad landing yesterday.

SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2011, 07:58 PM
Montana Transplant
mt_flyer's Avatar
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,945 Posts
<------ walks away shaking head....muttering....Et tu, Brute?


Quote:
Originally Posted by mschulz View Post
Wait ... don't go yet ... we're just getting started...

I bet your plane was one of the models they used to film the upcoming movie "Red Tails"...!

or

The other two blades were needed to make replacement landing gear struts after a bad landing yesterday.

mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2011, 08:27 PM
Registered User
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
hehe...had a great day flying with my kid today. Put 7 flights on the Slick and I have to say, it is my favorite plane. It is just a sweet flying plane....it won"t stop flying and does everything well. I attached some video of my slick and another of my kid flying his Extreme Flight 58" Extra with a Saito 82 (another SWEET flying plane) Just a couple minutes of each and I am not doing anything crazy as I probably have a quart or 2 through the DLE at this point.

71" AJ slick with DLE 30 (3 min 31 sec)


Extreme flight 58" extra with a Saito 82 (3 min 36 sec)
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:49 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
waynemia's Avatar
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Thanks for the vids. Looks like you are having fun.

We crashed an Easy Star this morning. It went nose down at 1/3 power (and that is a lot on these). I had no control. After it hit, I looked at the TX battery and it was under 5V.

Come to find out, he had not been charging it correctly. Anyway, I got him schooled on charging the battery (lipo).

Oh yea, a bottle of super glue and 10 minutes and it was ready to fly again. Gotta love that elapor foam. Three cracks in the fuse and a crack in the h-stab and elevator.

Swap meet tomorrow. Hope to sell that H-9 Extra or the YAK. I just want one of them to go. Two giant planes is not good. I already sold the Kadet, the Hobbico trainer, and the DLE-30. We got an email that all the tables are sold out. Maybe it will be a good swap meet. We need buyers not all sellers.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2011, 11:39 PM
Registered User
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Thanks for the vids. Looks like you are having fun.

We crashed an Easy Star this morning. It went nose down at 1/3 power (and that is a lot on these). I had no control. After it hit, I looked at the TX battery and it was under 5V.

Come to find out, he had not been charging it correctly. Anyway, I got him schooled on charging the battery (lipo).

Oh yea, a bottle of super glue and 10 minutes and it was ready to fly again. Gotta love that elapor foam. Three cracks in the fuse and a crack in the h-stab and elevator.

Swap meet tomorrow. Hope to sell that H-9 Extra or the YAK. I just want one of them to go. Two giant planes is not good. I already sold the Kadet, the Hobbico trainer, and the DLE-30. We got an email that all the tables are sold out. Maybe it will be a good swap meet. We need buyers not all sellers.
Thanks Wayne! Sinks that you had a crash but glad it was fixable, hehe.

Good luck at the swap meet!
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2011, 12:14 AM
Registered User
kerwin50's Avatar
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Good luck at the swap meet Wayne.
I always have a hard time selling a plane.
CR it looks like you got your DLE 30 dialed in real nice an your slick is set up nice to.
My poor old Goldwing has been through thr wringer this flying season but I got the motor box repaired now. This time for good I hope. I won't let my right thumb push on that trim button again.

I was planning on flying sunday but wouldn't you know it my daughter changed my grandkids and I's fishing date from tonight to sunday. So flying off it looks like.
Never think that when you retire that you'll be able to go fly anytime you want.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2011, 12:20 AM
Registered User
SnowDog1974's Avatar
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
hehe...had a great day flying with my kid today. Put 7 flights on the Slick and I have to say, it is my favorite plane. It is just a sweet flying plane....it won"t stop flying and does everything well. I attached some video of my slick and another of my kid flying his Extreme Flight 58" Extra with a Saito 82 (another SWEET flying plane) Just a couple minutes of each and I am not doing anything crazy as I probably have a quart or 2 through the DLE at this point.

Tom,
Looks great, flies great, lands great! Congrats and I'm glad you had a chance to get out there today and fly. (Weren't you supposed to be working?!) I had to work but I managed to take a long lunch and try my SA Edge 540 again - still flies crazy - can't keep it flying straight and level. Got home and checked it out tonight, it is still tail heavy! Argh. I thought I checked that twice, even thrice. My battery is as far forward as possible (sticking through the firewall) so I added some weight to the nose (:<) and I'll try again tomorrow. It looks like the rain will miss us and should be a good flying day. Definitely going to bring everything tomorrow - the Su-26, the TT 60, and the Edge 540!
Cheers,
Mike
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2011, 02:07 AM
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,209 Posts
Mike can you put a larger battery in it? at least that way its weight that gets used. Weight is cheaper though and that is where it's at for me at this stage of life.
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2011, 04:56 AM
Registered User
rmcdicken's Avatar
Canada, BC, Vernon
Joined Jan 2007
87 Posts
Hi All,

Great thead and a great topic! Love this plane!

Thought I would post some pics of my re-covered Mk 1 T___T 40. I beefed up the airframe where suggested in this thread and added an A'works inspired scheme (I used Ultra cote), a custom cowl and wheel pants from an H9 Frenzy. Its a touch heavier than before I started but it doesn't seem to notice a bit. OS 55AX with 12x6 prop for power gives unlimited vertical!

I had McGivered it onto floats 2 years ago when a few of us decided the day before a BBQ at a friends lake property to do some float flying while we were there. Problem for me was I had nothing on floats. I felt the T___T was the ideal candidate. It was amazing on water!! However, it was not easy to switch from wheels to floats and back. I added mods so that I can now have switched over in about 10 min!

Cheers!
rmcdicken is offline Find More Posts by rmcdicken
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2011, 05:45 AM
Registered User
u2builder's Avatar
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,977 Posts
Wow, that is a great covering job. I would be interested in putting my Twist on floats. Do you have any pics of your floats or what they are if you bought them or how big they are, and any info or pics on the attachments? Thanks.
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2011, 08:23 AM
Registered User
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschulz View Post
Tom,
Looks great, flies great, lands great! Congrats and I'm glad you had a chance to get out there today and fly. (Weren't you supposed to be working?!) I had to work but I managed to take a long lunch and try my SA Edge 540 again - still flies crazy - can't keep it flying straight and level. Got home and checked it out tonight, it is still tail heavy! Argh. I thought I checked that twice, even thrice. My battery is as far forward as possible (sticking through the firewall) so I added some weight to the nose (:<) and I'll try again tomorrow. It looks like the rain will miss us and should be a good flying day. Definitely going to bring everything tomorrow - the Su-26, the TT 60, and the Edge 540!
Cheers,
Mike
Thanks Mike and Kerwin.....the slick really is a nice plane! Yeah, I took a "comp" day for working last weekend, so i made it count, hehe. Gonna load up and head back this morning.
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2011, 12:03 PM
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,209 Posts
Ok twisted brethren here is a video from my 51 slick maiden on Thursday evening.

51" AJ Slick Maiden 3s 4400 720kv motor (12 min 20 sec)


It is still processing so it may not work for a few minutes.

Welcome rmcdicken. Nice covering job! Hope you stick around and post some videos and join the twisted brotherhood
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion New Club Thread - Northern Beaches Soaring Club Psionic001 Australia 13 Sep 11, 2014 08:45 AM
Help! Tower SUper Saver Club la528it Hot Online Deals 9 Jan 10, 2010 06:48 PM
Discussion San Francisco Model Yacht Club's multi-club Swap Meet craig_c Dock Talk 17 Oct 13, 2009 03:28 AM