HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 08, 2011, 07:17 PM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
I wish the ability to Huck came with every purchase.
kind of what I was thinking...If I could only fly like this guy in the vid.

went and flew in the fog today...RVR 1500 200 ovc fog 0 wind... I think I got the UCD problem fixed, not jitters today... replaced the power switch... and all extensions... they all seemed to be loose...
got in 2 good flights, then........
had idle too low and engine quit as I flaired and landed, no problem...
being lazy (didn't want to walk back to the pit) and "stupid" I flipped the prop by hand on the runway... sliced about 1/2 inch of meat off a finger...
wife sewed it back on when I got home... back to the field tomorrow,"with electric starter"!!!!!!!!!!!!
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Last edited by mt_flyer; Aug 08, 2011 at 07:27 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2011, 07:25 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer View Post

... sliced about 1/2 inch of meat off a finger...
wife sewed it back on when I got home... back to the field tomorrow,"with electric starter"!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arron has great thumbs for that, but ... even as good as 3DHS and their retailers are, ability to huck is STILL on back order, we got to do it the hard way.

I was at our field the other day and heard that NASTY sound of prop meets skin, I didn't even have to turn around and look, I know the sound. Hope its not to bad guy.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Aug 08, 2011, 07:30 PM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,930 Posts
Quote:
Arron has great thumbs for that, but ... even as good as 3DHS and their retailers are, ability to huck is STILL on back order, we got to do it the hard way.

I was at our field the other day and heard that NASTY sound of prop meets skin, I didn't even have to turn around and look, I know the sound. Hope its not to bad guy.
not the flying finger so all good... however, I can flip someone off and they can see it very well with the bandage...
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Old Aug 08, 2011, 07:44 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
O no MT, Don't tell me she sewed it up with giving you a local. DOUBLE OUCH.

Yeah guys I know that my days of ever learning to be that good are over, BUT I 'm just wanting to harrier like that and hovering. I think it will be a great MX trainer.

The biggest difference beteewn this thread and those other threads are the topics.
Like I really want to hear all about Waldo's camping trip, and all my twist brothers and what they are up to.

And that is why this thread has been going since 2004
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Aug 08, 2011, 07:53 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
O no MT, Don't tell me she sewed it up with giving you a local. DOUBLE OUCH.

Yeah guys I know that my days of ever learning to be that good are over, BUT I 'm just wanting to harrier like that and hovering. I think it will be a great MX trainer.
Dont say that Kerwin, its never over. I have to be honest, being in the presence of this sort of hucking is a far better learning then seeing it on video. Not saying It made me a Hucker but I learned soo fricken much from the look and feel.

Then the schooling started, Arron was so nice to help us with little tips and things that really do make you better. Some of it is boring stuff but when the plane is set up and tweaked right, its soo much easier to do cool stuff, the little things do matter.
Old Aug 08, 2011, 08:49 PM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,548 Posts
car nitro fuel and castrol 2 stroke mix don't mix and separate in the gallon jug

But new fuel made the os 61 work like new

The old stuff made it run like there was water in the lines

thanks for the help telling me about the new fuel
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Old Aug 08, 2011, 09:25 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
I wish the ability to Huck came with every purchase.
You can buy it for about $15?? A gyro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by David22 View Post
car nitro fuel and castrol 2 stroke mix don't mix and separate in the gallon jug

But new fuel made the os 61 work like new

The old stuff made it run like there was water in the lines

thanks for the help telling me about the new fuel
I did not think that Castrol thing was going to work. You could have used some Castor Oil. I have some Kltoz Synthetic if I want to add a little more lubricant.

Never use Garage Sale fuel.... When you said that, I was pretty sure it was the first place to start. It probably did have water in it. It is mostly Methanol and once the container is opened, it starts absorbing moisture unless you can really get it resealed. Glad it is solved anyway.

Daniel, sorry about the finger man. You know better than that stuff. Glad the UCD is a go also. Got a package ready for you. I hope to get it in the mail shortly.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Last edited by waynemia; Aug 08, 2011 at 09:36 PM.
Old Aug 08, 2011, 09:38 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Wayne...shuushh.... You keep giving away all my secrets what would I do?

All I wanna do is achieve Awsomenesss
Old Aug 08, 2011, 11:27 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,019 Posts
gyro < awesomeness
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Aug 09, 2011, 01:14 AM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,548 Posts
I was interested in a response about the castro and car fuel. But also interested in you hunch

The can was sealed but as you know I like to mix fuel and one of them was for sure old stuff. The power of nitro fuel for cars mixed with control was funny experience because ethe 61 os had so so so much more power than the 46 ax. You guys are crazy to put the 61 0s 2 stroke on the twist 40
Thanks for the simple advice Wayne and everyone this thread as Kerwi says is the best. Dang I showed one day what I was eating for dinner on this thread and did not get reported.

Will film the ucando maiden and other vids soon
I also made a fuel window in the twist 40 v2 and the ucando60
Now I can see how much of a pig the 61 os is

Dang I like the 46 os because it is so good on efficiency
reminds me of the slant six of car engines

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post

I did not think that Castrol thing was going to work. You could have used some Castor Oil. I have some Kltoz Synthetic if I want to add a little more lubricant.

Never use Garage Sale fuel.... When you said that, I was pretty sure it was the first place to start. It probably did have water in it. It is mostly Methanol and once the container is opened, it starts absorbing moisture unless you can really get it resealed. Glad it is solved anyway.

Daniel, sorry about the finger man. You know better than that stuff. Glad the UCD is a go also. Got a package ready for you. I hope to get it in the mail shortly.
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Old Aug 09, 2011, 02:17 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
PIG I can get 15 minutes with fuel left on my twist (which I am missing )
I'll tell you this has been the year of crashes for me. Last year I was lucky and only had 2 this year I've started losing count.
I had a great night flying sunday night even though on 30 miles south they had some really bad storms. It blew in fast,heavy, and quick for us.
The only plane I took was the tiger moth 400. An once again I was so busy that I only really got to fly her one flight and I crashed her. I still havn't figured out if it was my esc or the cheap single conversion rx I got in her.
My brother flew her for about 10 minutes and no problems but later in the evening another couple of park flyers, a herr cub and a easystar where also getting hit.
None of the nitro planes seemed affected.
We had a really big turn out. K49 brought his goldwing yak an got one flight out of it but had a rudder servo that wouldn't center. And of course he brought the TANGO an was flat spinning her. ( I'M wondering if I order me a new fuse an put a pro 46 on my twist I can get as flat and slow, yet as tight of flat spin as K49 does on his Tango.
His goldwing MX with the OS 70 is a good flat spin also.
Gerry Hinshaw was aslo there with his 50cc prototype Sbach with a red lion 58. At 15 1/2 lbs it flys really well and I can't believe how slow it lands.
At one time we had 6 planes in the air. This is really great Because our club has always been so small that you really never had more than 4 guys there, but we've grown.
I was a great time for sure and once again we were there till after dark.

Now I just got to get my MX's motor box repaired.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Aug 09, 2011, 07:39 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
PIG I can get 15 minutes with fuel left on my twist (which I am missing )
I'll tell you this has been the year of crashes for me. Last year I was lucky and only had 2 this year I've started losing count.
I had a great night flying sunday night even though on 30 miles south they had some really bad storms. It blew in fast,heavy, and quick for us.
The only plane I took was the tiger moth 400. An once again I was so busy that I only really got to fly her one flight and I crashed her. I still havn't figured out if it was my esc or the cheap single conversion rx I got in her.
My brother flew her for about 10 minutes and no problems but later in the evening another couple of park flyers, a herr cub and a easystar where also getting hit.
None of the nitro planes seemed affected.
We had a really big turn out. K49 brought his goldwing yak an got one flight out of it but had a rudder servo that wouldn't center. And of course he brought the TANGO an was flat spinning her. ( I'M wondering if I order me a new fuse an put a pro 46 on my twist I can get as flat and slow, yet as tight of flat spin as K49 does on his Tango.
His goldwing MX with the OS 70 is a good flat spin also.
Gerry Hinshaw was aslo there with his 50cc prototype Sbach with a red lion 58. At 15 1/2 lbs it flys really well and I can't believe how slow it lands.
At one time we had 6 planes in the air. This is really great Because our club has always been so small that you really never had more than 4 guys there, but we've grown.
I was a great time for sure and once again we were there till after dark.

Now I just got to get my MX's motor box repaired.
Single conversion CAN be a problem sometimes.

If you want to show that Tango up, get a Magic V2 and an OS46. We have a guy with a Tango also. The Magic is is better.
Old Aug 09, 2011, 08:27 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer View Post

went and flew in the fog today...RVR 1500 200 ovc fog 0 wind... I think I got the UCD problem fixed, not jitters today... replaced the power switch... and all extensions... they all seemed to be loose...
got in 2 good flights, then........
had idle too low and engine quit as I flaired and landed, no problem...
being lazy (didn't want to walk back to the pit) and "stupid" I flipped the prop by hand on the runway... sliced about 1/2 inch of meat off a finger...
We have a guy and two step-sons learning to fly now. One of the boys decided to stick his finger in a prop on Sunday. Funny how you recognize particular sounds...

I went over and asked if he was alright. Of course we all say we are OK as long as we are conscious.... I told him I wanted to look at it anyway. Cut across his knuckle. I cleaned it up and put dressings on it. I gave him an ice pack. That was probably a lesson he will remember for a while.

Man, we need a new FirstAid kit.
Old Aug 09, 2011, 08:39 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,019 Posts
lucky to still have a finger?

I my twist flat spins a lot better with the magnum 53 than it did with the saito 72. The magnum probly weighs in similar to an OS 46.
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Aug 09, 2011, 08:46 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,512 Posts
Last weekend my Sukhoi engine quit after landing (idle a bit too low)...I was tempted to start it by hand on the field so I wouldn't have to drag the plane back to the pit area. I resisted the temptation to do so...after reading these recent posts, I'm very glad I resisted the temptation and potentially avoided an injury.
-Mike
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick