HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 04, 2011, 08:35 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,126 Posts
My Stevens Aero Edge 540 is covered and configured. Last night I installed all the servos and linkages and tested everything. The motor rocks; I can't wait to see how she flies! Now I just need to complete the detailing of the cowl and some "racing stripes" along the length of the fuselage, and she'll be ready to fly. The battery compartment is very long and affords a wide range when setting the CG; it should be fun. I'll post some pics tonight, and hope to maiden it this weekend.
-Mike
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 04, 2011, 08:48 AM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschulz View Post
My Stevens Aero Edge 540 is covered and configured. Last night I installed all the servos and linkages and tested everything. The motor rocks; I can't wait to see how she flies! Now I just need to complete the detailing of the cowl and some "racing stripes" along the length of the fuselage, and she'll be ready to fly. The battery compartment is very long and affords a wide range when setting the CG; it should be fun. I'll post some pics tonight, and hope to maiden it this weekend.
-Mike
Awesome Mike...looking forward to a report/pics....
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Old Aug 04, 2011, 08:49 AM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Wayne with gobal warming that maybe sooner than we think.
CR over at the other fourm in the DLE 30 thread Jodi from Valleyview say that it is a lean condition
Thanks

Gonna run another tank through it and get it dialed....it is very close I am anxious to fly the dang thing but it will have to be next week...I am working ALL wekkend Last night I had to build and add a battery tray that was installed aft of the rudder pull/pull servo tray. I was a bit nose heavy and this got my CG right at the front of the wing tube (allowed me to move the A123 back 3 full inches) like they recommend to start at. I typically prefer a slightly nose heavy plane anyway
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Old Aug 04, 2011, 09:58 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,635 Posts
nice Mike and CRFan1. I'm thinking my 51 slick will arrive tomorrow afternoon. My components will probably show up Saturday or Monday though.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Aug 04, 2011, 11:24 AM
United States, CO, Avon
Joined Oct 2004
318 Posts
So last night I worked some time on my dusty Twist V1 is almost ready again. I ended up installing the TT Pro .46 with Tower Hobbies pipe and a Master Airscrew S-2 11x6 (why not the TT stock pipe?, long story, but is the first time of over 250 transactions I've got a bad experience buying this use engine from an ebay seller, received the engine all dirty, with no screws to attached the pipe, and the pipe he sent me was from a different engine, add to all this nightmare, the pictures of a clean TT al;most new he sold me where not even close to the engine I've received from him, but oh well...) I also installed a heavy 2oz washer between the prop and the spinner to compensate weight. I believe I might sill need some stick on weight's I can add to the bottom of the engine, right on the side wood walls. The manual says 4" - 5" for the CG and I believe since I am not very familiar with the plane performance since I've only had three flights with a wrong setup about 3 years ago, I will have to go with 4". Also installed a 1600mah 4.8v Rx battery. Boy this Twist needs some nose weight to balance!
Pictures coming soon, and please correct me if I'm wrong regarding my setup description. Thanks!

I forgot to mentioned, I live in Avon, CO (right next to Vail) elevation here is about 7700ft. A group of RC pilots from around here built a really nice RC field called "Wolcott Airport" years ago, it's a very cool spot far away from all living organisms but deer, coyotes and rabbits, maybe a few bears too. I thought I might let you guys know in case you live around the area and never heard of this place like me, took me like three years after flying over soccer fields and rusty streets to find out this place existed about 20 minutes far from home.

Here a few pictures, I'm not on any of the pictures, you can see some random, RC planes/heli pilots at Wolcott RC airport. The picture with the Slow Stick and the Escapade, the two planes are mine, of course the Twist 3D is not there since it's in the tunning department
ZeekWorld is offline Find More Posts by ZeekWorld
Last edited by ZeekWorld; Aug 04, 2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old Aug 04, 2011, 12:37 PM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,923 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeker78 View Post
So last night I worked some time on my dusty Twist V1 is almost ready again. I ended up installing the TT Pro .46 with Tower Hobbies pipe and a Master Airscrew S-2 11x6 (why not the TT stock pipe?, long story, but is the first time of over 250 transactions I've got a bad experience buying this use engine from an ebay seller, received the engine all dirty, with no screws to attached the pipe, and the pipe he sent me was from a different engine, add to all this nightmare, the pictures of a clean TT al;most new he sold me where not even close to the engine I've received from him, but oh well...) I also installed a heavy 2oz washer between the prop and the spinner to compensate weight. I believe I might sill need some stick on weight's I can add to the bottom of the engine, right on the side wood walls. The manual says 4" - 5" for the CG and I believe since I am not very familiar with the plane performance since I've only had three flights with a wrong setup about 3 years ago, I will have to go with 4". Also installed a 1600mah 4.8v Rx battery. Boy this Twist needs some nose weight to balance!
Pictures coming soon, and please correct me if I'm wrong regarding my setup description. Thanks!

I forgot to mentioned, I live in Avon, CO (right next to Vail) elevation here is about 7700ft. A group of RC pilots from around here built a really nice RC field called "Wolcott Airport" years ago, it's a very cool spot far away from all living organisms but deer, coyotes and rabbits, maybe a few bears too. I thought I might let you guys know in case you live around the area and never heard of this place like me, took me like three years after flying over soccer fields and rusty streets to find out this place existed about 20 minutes far from home.

Here a few pictures, I'm not on any of the pictures, you can see some random, RC planes/heli pilots at Wolcott RC airport. The picture with the Slow Stick and the Escapade, the two planes are mine, of course the Twist 3D is not there since it's in the tunning department

HMMMMM.... another field to fly at in my travels west..
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Old Aug 04, 2011, 12:57 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,149 Posts
You never know where Daniel will show up.

Nice field Zeek.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Aug 04, 2011, 01:12 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,531 Posts
Yes nice field Zeeker indeed
I wouldn't worry too much about getting the nose to 4 if you can get it around 4.25 - 4.50 and leave it on the low rates you should have no problem at all with its handling, But you know you better than we do

Instead of wheres Waldo,, we should start a google map with wheres Daniel??
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Aug 04, 2011, 01:25 PM
United States, CO, Avon
Joined Oct 2004
318 Posts
I don't know much about Daniel, but sounds more like "Where the hell is Matt/Daniel"... Now, does Daniel know how to dance?

Where the Hell is Matt? 2008 (4 min 29 sec)
ZeekWorld is offline Find More Posts by ZeekWorld
Old Aug 04, 2011, 06:50 PM
Montana Transplant
Joined Aug 2005
1,923 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
I wouldn't worry too much about getting the nose to 4 if you can get it around 4.25 - 4.50 and leave it on the low rates you should have no problem at all with its handling, But you know you better than we do

my current location is always on the Twistaholics map

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...109.335938&z=3
Old Aug 04, 2011, 06:51 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer View Post
my current location is always on the Twistaholics map
Latest on the YAK?
Old Aug 04, 2011, 06:53 PM
Montana Transplant
Joined Aug 2005
1,923 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post

may go visit old rhinebeck aerodrome next week
Old Aug 04, 2011, 06:58 PM
Montana Transplant
Joined Aug 2005
1,923 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Latest on the YAK?
he grumbled all day and finally pulled the cowl... adjusted it per the link you sent me... runs great now... a little burble just below 1/2 throttle.. goes away above and below... has a 18x8 Zoar on it...

it was lean on HS and very rich LS
Old Aug 04, 2011, 06:58 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,149 Posts
108.5 today. I just can't get excited about doing A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G!
Old Aug 04, 2011, 06:59 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer View Post
he grumbled all day and finally pulled the cowl... adjusted it per the link you sent me... runs great now... a little burble just below 1/2 throttle.. goes away above and below... has a 18x8 Zoar on it...

it was lean on HS and very rich LS
Ooooo, sounds wonderful!