SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 17, 2011, 08:59 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
DOG, while you're that far you might as well swing up to my neck of the woods and fly a spell?
Cheers Snowster!
Wisc has been hard on us, The Air Conditioning has now stopped cooling in the Camper, my wife says the smell is like a dentist office. It runs, it kicks in, no cool, medicine smell.

We are leaving for Iowa tomorrow morning, for our second leg of the trip.... without air and highs in mid 90's with the mid west humidity. While I thank you for the offer, I am about done with the trip and looking forward to getting back home with another $75 dollars in tolls on a rough road.

Flew today at the Racine Wi club, great guys. In the theme of things, towards the end of my 1 flight, I lost the right Aileron servo, it just quit. I got one plane left, my little Swift 2 Wing. It is easy to fall asleep while flying.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2011, 11:59 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,524 Posts
35 mile an hour winds and your flying, thats usually when I sit on the porch an let you big dogs run.

Well it was an MX evening. My brother came over an picked me up and we got to the flying field close to 7. When we got there there was some evening shade from this one tree and 2 of the boys were there sitting in it waiting for us.
By the time my bro an I got set up curtis showed. Then the show got on the road as we were starting to lose daylight, so everyone was determined to get any as many flights as we could.
Poor ole Chad who is a new guy saved my plane becuase just as I was about to take off he questioned me about my one of my ailerons being up, I didn't hook them up.
So after hooking them up I took off and then he started his plane and crashed it on take-off. Come to find out last week he loaned his TX out as a buddy box an they revesred the ailerons. This is his 3rd trainer he's went thru.
My brother did quite well with his H-9 PTS mustang. Tonight he had some good landings
I should of brought a camera.
Now the MX was awesome. I had reviewed some 3D stuff from the bonedoc, like the Wall, some tumbles, an the waterfall today, so this evening I went out an praticed them.
now I'm still having problems with my waterfall, I was doing some really crazy tumbles.
I had to quit doing them on the last flight as the sun had set an I was having to keep her in tight in order to see her. On my approach I brought her in tight an fast an I ended up landing just a little hard an bent the landing gear. I got 4 flights in so after we all tore down we still stayed out there shooting the breeze till 10:00.
O I love these summer nights
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Jul 18, 2011, 08:33 AM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Well, I started building my 3DHS Slick......I think it has taken me longer to gather all (or most) of the needed parts, lol

So far, I have the wheels, gear and wheel pants assembled and mounted on the plane, the tail wheel assembly. mounted, hinged the rudder and installed all of the control horns on the Rudder, Elevator and Aileron. Next up, cutting all the monokote on the fuselage for wings/servos and mounting the rudder/airleron servos and linkages.

Great kit so far...although I had a heck of a time getting the control horns into the left wing aileron. The slots were not cut well. This thing is LIGHT! I need to take some pics, lol

Oh and Saturday I flew my Aeroworks Extra 6 more times and let the kid fly the TT60 ( I flew it once too) they are both dialed in now. I Like both aircraft quite a bit!
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Old Jul 18, 2011, 08:49 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,899 Posts
Wow this is awesome Nice reports and videos from the weekend guys excellent stuff to watch.

Snowman NOT A Buttered keister well glad you had a good time at the camp sounds like it was fun despite the skeeters and small mouth belly infested skeeter treats. I t really is great to have you back posting again hope you can get some flying in soon as well.

Love the pics on the B-25 that thing looks sweet.

Kerwin Sounds like your having a great time out there and feel free to send Waldo anything If I have it I will build it Well sooner or later LOL

DOG sounds like you are gaining quite the material for a best seller book, make sure you document it all and simple entitled "The Road trip" sorry to hear things are giving you some grief but all in all I hope the adventure is still fun. the best to you and the Mrs for a better week.

Wayne Loved the vids and pics. great Light show you have going on there too.
The Problem I had with the flutter/bouncing on my right aileron on the T_ _ _ T showed up as soon as I plugged it in at the field. I was like you have got to be freakin kidding me, So for yahoo's I pulled out the servo on the spot and replaced it again, and lo and behold the flutter was gone, So My Tweplica is back in the skys, It was the servo. I must have gotten a bum servo when I replaced it the first time.

Billd Excellent news flying in your first warbirds event I watch Vids all the time on Warboirds over Deleware and you definitely had a good time there.

MSchulz No my arms were fine in that 27 minute flight LOL the neck had a little crik in it though LOL

Brathanke Are you using the LONG dubro type arms to achieve that 50% deflection?

Had a great weekend of flying and Tweplicaing.
Pics and Vids to follow shortly, We didn't get any of the Tweplica flights though as my camera guy wasn't there this week.
Waldopepperaxe is online now Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Jul 18, 2011, 11:08 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,524 Posts
Great to hear your report Waldo and am looking forward to seeing those pic's an videos.
I really need a utube account. I got these video sunglasses for filming but I need to play with it more, Problem is I can't tell when it's recording
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mini-DV-DVR-2GB-...item2a1004b0d4
I can't wait to go fly again, but I gotta go out an take care of my dobie puppies today.
Sales have been really bad this year for dobermans. It seems times are tough. I hope I'm not stuck with all these dobies I have 12 puppies left an they are 7 wks old
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Jul 18, 2011, 11:26 AM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,899 Posts
Wow Kerwin Just post that Pic on the news and those cute little guys (for now) will be gone in no time.

well here are some Pics and the vid from this weekend, nothing exciting but some vid none the less

I flew my raider and the engines seized while trying to start it later on, turned out a bearing came loose and split in half So I pulled it out and we'll see if I lose any more, Its an evolution 40 sized and has run pretty decent for me for a year but its wearing fast, just another reason to stay with OS.

Also flew my Tweplica but got no vids had a blast.
And my PT 20 took to the skys maybe those planes will show up in my buddies vids later on but My camera sat on thable during my flights.

And this first pic was a sign put on my flight table by one of our club members I guess he knows me pretty well LOL I love it.

This weekend of flying
Tri City July 17 2011.wmv (9 min 24 sec)
Old Jul 18, 2011, 11:27 AM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,899 Posts
I don't know why all of a sudden but my video links only come ouit as links and not the vid in the thread
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:09 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Hey Waldo?? Some of those planes look like they have brakes on them. They sure stop quick. What's up with that?
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:35 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Great to hear your report Waldo and am looking forward to seeing those pic's an videos.
I really need a utube account. I got these video sunglasses for filming but I need to play with it more, Problem is I can't tell when it's recording
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mini-DV-DVR-2GB-...item2a1004b0d4
Kerwin,
Those sunglasses look really cool; I'd love to see a video from them - let us know how they work once you figure them out. Do they come with a manual of any kind?
-Mike
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Jul 18, 2011, 01:45 PM
I Just Want to Hover!
United States, OR, Eugene
Joined Jun 2004
703 Posts
YouTube uploads and links

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
I don't know why all of a sudden but my video links only come ouit as links and not the vid in the thread
I have one uploaded also. Waiting for YouTube to finish processing it.

Notice on the top of the upload box in green. Check mark "Your file has been uploaded. We are now processing the video..."

This can take awhile. It should then be a link on the Twistaholic page.

Bill
Bill Martins is offline Find More Posts by Bill Martins
Old Jul 18, 2011, 02:07 PM
I Just Want to Hover!
United States, OR, Eugene
Joined Jun 2004
703 Posts
Race Results 7_9_2011

Plow, where are you? This should get your blood pumpin!

So I got 3 firsts and 2 seconds for high points and Race winner for the day!

Also ahead by 3 points for the EF1 racing season. Two more races, Aug and Sep.

Here is a vid of the 2nd heat taken with my helmut spy cam. It takes awesome Hi-Def vid, I had to convert it to be able to shorten it on Windows Movie Maker. It lost some sharpness in the conversion.

I might upload the long version, if I can (8 1/2 min!) just for fun so you can see the Hi-Def.

Enjoy, Bill

UT_2nd_Heat_7_9_2011.wmv (5 min 35 sec)
Bill Martins is offline Find More Posts by Bill Martins
Old Jul 18, 2011, 04:03 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,996 Posts
so here is the maiden of my 48" edge.

3dhs 48" edge maiden (7 min 29 sec)
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Jul 18, 2011, 05:03 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Looks like fun Nate. Where are the little wheel panties?
Old Jul 18, 2011, 05:05 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Uh! It rained for about 10 minutes. Now it is 100 degrees and humid!
Old Jul 18, 2011, 05:06 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,248 Posts
Welp, we made it to Cedar Rapids, Iowa, no further issues <knock on wood> and its like 113 degree and blowing a gail. That will keep the foamies in the car, they might melt and blow away at the same time.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy