HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 12, 2011, 10:57 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,014 Posts
Thanks Mt I'll check that out, its an older Futaba Rx so maybe its just been through too many Waldo incidents LOL

Wow 60 planes !!!! that would be fun as hell to get them all up at once
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2011, 11:16 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Snowman Here are some pictures of what I'm flying now and the twist carnage.
I got the MX because of what you said some 3 years ago about quiting smoking and buying youself a nice present with some of the money you save.

The 2 tigermoths are GWS, one a pico with a ferigo brushless motor and the other is a tigermoth 400 with a nippy black 1812 which is equal to a 480 size motor.

I fly my parkflyers alone alot, but I like flying nitro with someone.
Before I got sick I use to fly alone all the time as I had my own flying field.
I had planned on taking my MX to alot of IMAA events but thats too expensive theses days and I don't have the money like I did when I was working at Allied Signal.
Back then I'd drive a thousand miles to go to an event.
Now I'm just a poor white boy
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Jul 12, 2011, 11:19 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Waldo some how you sneaked that big P 47 in on me.
I sure would like some more pic's of it and more details.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 11:20 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Snowman Here are some pictures of what I'm flying now and the twist carnage.
I got the MX because of what you said some 3 years ago about quiting smoking and buying youself a nice present with some of the money you save.

The 2 tigermoths are GWS, one a pico with a ferigo brushless motor and the other is a tigermoth 400 with a nippy black 1812 which is equal to a 480 size motor.

I fly my parkflyers alone alot, but I like flying nitro with someone.
Before I got sick I use to fly alone all the time as I had my own flying field.
I had planned on taking my MX to alot of IMAA events but thats too expensive theses days and I don't have the money like I did when I was working at Allied Signal.
Back then I'd drive a thousand miles to go to an event.
Now I'm just a poor white boy
Kerwin,

Best use I've ever seen for a treadmill!
-Mike
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Jul 12, 2011, 11:28 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschulz View Post
Kerwin,

Best use I've ever seen for a treadmill!
-Mike
Good Eye Mike... I like that too
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Jul 12, 2011, 12:02 PM
ProBro, 3D
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Jul 2008
946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
I really don't mind flying alone as I just love to fly. I often thought about getting one of those car dummies so you can ride in the fast lane, but use him or her outside in a chair next to me when I'm flying
Waldo, you crack me up , too funny!

You guys have about the shortest runway I've seen. Most of our pilots would be in the corn fields on every takeoff and landing. Loved the yellow and white airplane landing and hitting the other one on the runway. Too funny!
gregory.da is offline Find More Posts by gregory.da
Last edited by gregory.da; Jul 12, 2011 at 12:17 PM. Reason: added comment
Old Jul 12, 2011, 12:07 PM
ProBro, 3D
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Jul 2008
946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Whenever my wife gives me grief about spending so much money on RC, I just remind her that it's my reward for not smoking and she usually says "your right, give me a hug" You can buy yourself a nicely outfitted airplane or even two for the money spent annually on cigs. Good for you! Next year buy yourself an Sbach as your reward for continuing to stay on the wagon!
gregory.da is offline Find More Posts by gregory.da
Old Jul 12, 2011, 03:27 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Well, I bit the bullet and I am going to build a gasser :O

I took delivery of a 3DHS 71" AJ Slick and DLE 30 this week. Putting HS985MG's in it and going to run a single A123 with opti-kill and voltage reducer from Wrong Way RC. The plane is very nicely built and VERY light! My only complaint is the instructions are VERY basic and give no input for mounting of the engine, gas tank, throttle servo and a host of other things. I have no doubt I can figure things out but as it is my first gasser, I am going to have questions, hehe. I am excited about building it and will probably start this weekend.

On a side note, I am having a blast with the TT60 and my Aeroworks Extra 300 (with Saito 100) made it through 6 flights Saturday without a single deadstick or mid-air collison, lol!!
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Old Jul 12, 2011, 03:52 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
CR there's enough of us old gasser's around here we'll get you up an flying.
I may go an see if I can MX it later this evening if I can find some one.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 04:08 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post

I took delivery of a 3DHS 71" AJ Slick and DLE 30 this week. Putting HS985MG's in it and going to run a single A123 with opti-kill and voltage reducer from Wrong Way RC. The plane is very nicely built and VERY light! My only complaint is the instructions are VERY basic and give no input for mounting of the engine, gas tank, throttle servo and a host of other things. I have no doubt I can figure things out but as it is my first gasser, I am going to have questions, hehe. I am excited about building it and will probably start this weekend.

On a side note, I am having a blast with the TT60 and my Aeroworks Extra 300 (with Saito 100) made it through 6 flights Saturday without a single deadstick or mid-air collison, lol!!
SWEEEEEEET! You will not regret the slick! I wish I could afford one. You can also get help from the guys on the 3dhs addicts thread. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...7#post18742000

Just pop in and introduce yourself and throw out a query on what you are wondering about. You will get like a bizzillion responses telling you how to do whatever you need to do. That is... if there is something you can't get answered here
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Jul 12, 2011, 05:24 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Horizon is sending me a new set of langing gear wires with the collars on them. I can't talk dirty about them now. The guy said they had a busted wing and he took the gear wires off and sending them to me.

Daniel - Won't work on the engine for a few days. Too dang hot.
All - I have a wierd thing going on with an OS 1.60FX (not the one on my Wild Stick). Daniel and I have been noodling it.

Well - I put keepers on the aileron connectors of the Corsair. I forgot to put the keepes on the EZ links on the servo arms. Two flights with no keepers! Pretty good huh? I guess you can get away with that stuff if you don't over-drill the holes in the arms. I would have been really mad if it had caused a crash.

Got all the wrinkles in the Ultracote today. I hate that stuff. A few touchups on the paint and installed the antenna mast.

Took the tank out. The fill/drain clunk came off inside the tank. After looking at it, I decided the tubes were a little too small for the stopper. They are anodized and really slick also. The fuel lines just slipped off when I put the wire ties on. I put all new tubes in it. I used an exacto knife to make ridges on the new tubes. They fit pretty nice now.

It is all pretty again. As soon as the new legs come in, I will have it back at the field.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Jul 12, 2011, 05:43 PM
Joined Jan 2009
5,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post

Tom,
You don't do things halfway, do you! I'm totally jealous of you getting a 71" Slick! If I could have afforded that when I bought my DLE-30, I would have! I think that is a completely awesome looking airplane, and I know you'll enjoy it. What happened with the AW Extra...were you able to get a replacement wing? I think I missed any report you might have made on that issue.

I got a report from our club president this morning; the canopy awning at our club flying field and the porta potty were both destroyed by the windstorm that tore through northern illinois (and many other places) yesterday.
And we have an airshow on July 23rd, so we need to get this stuff replaced asap. double grrr!

And I still don't have power at home.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 12, 2011, 06:21 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,134 Posts
Mike I don't have any power at home either... but its more of a permanent problem hehe.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 06:22 PM
Joined Jan 2009
5,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Mike I don't have any power at home either... but its more of a permanent problem hehe.
Nate, nicely done; but that is a different issue.
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 12, 2011, 06:24 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,134 Posts
I got so bored at work today that I made an origami boomerang
How to Make an Origami Boomerang (14 min 8 sec)