to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2011, 12:29 AM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,460 Posts
love ya snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Hi all! Just gettin' used to being unemployed. I figure I'll grow out my beard and look like one of them brothers off of Swamp People.....suits me just fine! How and the hell have y'all been? I've got some serious catchin' up to do. I finished up a job in Lower Michigan and now that some of the fat is comin' off I figure I better dust off the 'ol builders/remodelers license and get back to puttin' some calluses on these sissified mitts of mine! Boy it's good to be back......now all I have to do is get back in the routine of postin' here! Mmmmmmmmmmboy!
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 08, 2011, 12:35 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,971 Posts
DOG.....and NoMatta! How y'all doing? I hope you've been burning up the skies. Last I remember was NoMatta had a reduced scale T_ _ _ T (electric) in the works.......how did that ever turn out? DOG........what's new in PA? Waldo still makin' the donuts and soapboxin' it instead of flyin? Plow.......dude.......bring me up to speed! How did the move work out? Wow.........so many questions..........
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Jul 08, 2011, 05:50 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
DOG........what's new in PA? Waldo still makin' the donuts and soapboxin' it instead of flyin? ......
I think Waldo and crew have skipped the donuts and moved right into the seasonal kaos and balsa distruction like the rest of us. It seems to be a rough housin time, you should get out there while the trend is hot.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Last edited by DaOldGuy; Jul 08, 2011 at 09:33 AM.
Old Jul 08, 2011, 08:19 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,500 Posts
We havn't heard from plowboy in awhile.
He went undercover
We're all hoping he will emerge soon
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Jul 08, 2011, 10:46 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,875 Posts
gosh I'm such a ding dong. I left one of my 2650 3s packs hooked up to an esc and rx in my scratch built wing and FULLY discharged it. Now I'm trying to see if its a total loss or not. My B6 charger wouldn't charge it so I switched it to 2p PB mode and trickled some current into it at .1 amps until the voltage was too high and it said FULL. Then I repeated that on 3p, 4p, and finally 6p then hurried and switched to lipo balance charge and it started charging. It has since taken 1000 mah and still charging. I'm watching it like a hawk to see if its going to puff like crazy or start on fire. I can tell it has puffed a little just because it feels soft now but you can't detect it with your eye. What do you all think is this pack ruined?
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Jul 08, 2011, 11:20 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,875 Posts
well this pack has taken 2500 mah now and still charging. It no longer feels squishy at all... feels just like the other one. So I guess my weird pack recovery method is working out
Old Jul 08, 2011, 11:59 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,875 Posts
yikes up to 2800 mah into a 2650 pack... I guess that is what happens when you discharge it way past where it should have gone. It should be done soon though because it has slowed down to like .1-.4 amps and is sitting at 12.59v.
Old Jul 08, 2011, 12:03 PM
Fly now crash later
Canada, ON, Newmarket
Joined Nov 2006
2,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
yikes up to 2800 mah into a 2650 pack... I guess that is what happens when you discharge it way past where it should have gone. It should be done soon though because it has slowed down to like .1-.4 amps and is sitting at 12.59v.
I have done that on occasion, Some packs are under rated.
davecrash is offline Find More Posts by davecrash
Old Jul 08, 2011, 12:06 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,875 Posts
This is a turnigy pack and I am WAY impressed that it has seemed to survive my stupid blunder.
Old Jul 08, 2011, 12:11 PM
Fly now crash later
Canada, ON, Newmarket
Joined Nov 2006
2,245 Posts
All mine are Turnigy, Flightmax and Nano
davecrash is offline Find More Posts by davecrash
Old Jul 08, 2011, 01:03 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,067 Posts
Quote:
This is a turnigy pack and I am WAY impressed that it has seemed to survive my stupid blunder.
I did that with a fairly new Rhino that spent 2 days in a tree. It seems to have held up well. You need to watch the cells stay balanced.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Jul 08, 2011, 01:47 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Nate - There is a loss in charge processes. The internal resistance of the battery pack has a voltage drop during the charge process. This is lost power and generates heat. The higher the charge rate, the more loss that occurs and the more heat generated. I charge my batteries in my shop and it is too hot in the summer. A lot of people use a fan box to keep the batteries cool while charging.

There is also some error in the charger metering.

Anyway, you should always expect to have more than the rated power indicated on the charger when charging a depleted battery.

When I have one or more cells to low, I put it on NiMh charge for a few minutes and then put it on balance charge. You can read all kinds of things about this but I have not had noticeable problems. When you discharge a pack that low, you may see less charge retention, reduced C performance, and/or less capacity delivered. Just keep an eye out the first few times you use/charge it.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Jul 08, 2011, 01:48 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Hello Mr. spherically formed, vertically oriented, subfreezing precipitation.

waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Jul 08, 2011, 02:01 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,875 Posts
hailing on you? Ya I'll probly post about that battery again after I have used it a time or two. Thx for the info Wayne. I am just feeling fortunate to have it be anything better than dumpster fodder.