HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 01, 2011, 08:04 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,972 Posts
1st Off happy birthday David I think that deserves a day of flights

Wayne great job on the catapult launch it works awesome, I had to laugh though as I was watching the Punkin launch last night on the SCI channel. those catapults were freaking huge and tossing pumpkins 1500 feet, I think they broke a new record at 2035 or something like that, anyway I thought of you while watching it and thought Wayne would kick their butts LOL Yeah post some pics of the hook up on the front for the bungee I was trying to focus on that also. Great Job !!!

MSchulz good luck on the maiden today bring waffles for celebration afterwards

MT Flyer sorry to hear of the rising water, I hate water flooding problems its just destroys everything, I feel for you.
But Congrats to your daughter thats awesome news and 64 feet long Dang thats like towing a couple houses tied together LOL The biggest I have driven is a 53 footer and I had to swing that through the streets of NYC I was like who planned this freaking trip LOL I felt like I was trying to drive my Old Garage through the city which was only 44 foot long by 32 wide LOL

Kerwin Is ready for some flying no more T_ _ _ T bites LOL

Well I'm down in the flying department for 2 weeks Its about to get real crazy around here, Daughters wedding is Saturday so I've been preparing for that and the Soap box derby is next weekend So between wedding arrangements and Inspecting and assembling soap box cars, Waldo is getting his butt kicked for the next 2 weeks on a daily basis, we went from Work yesterday and the day before to the soap box place and we now have 13 cars inspected out of 36 were not even half way there and Impound day is Sunday And I'll be tied up with the wedding Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Yeee haaa At least we all know how to laugh during all this chaos so I might be missing for a few days at a time here and there, so happy flying and maidens to you all.
Waldopepperaxe is online now Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 01, 2011, 08:20 AM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,932 Posts
here ya go

63' 11" bumper to bumper, 12' 11" tall...
min 13-1 on overpasses at a slow pace

can't wait to pull thru NY and the other east coast towns
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Old Jun 01, 2011, 08:38 AM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,588 Posts
Thanks Waldo
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Old Jun 01, 2011, 08:54 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
1st Off happy birthday David I think that deserves a day of flights

Well I'm down in the flying department for 2 weeks Its about to get real crazy around here, Daughters wedding is Saturday so I've been preparing for that and the Soap box derby is next weekend So between wedding arrangements and Inspecting and assembling soap box cars, Waldo is getting his butt kicked for the next 2 weeks on a daily basis, we went from Work yesterday and the day before to the soap box place and we now have 13 cars inspected out of 36 were not even half way there and Impound day is Sunday And I'll be tied up with the wedding Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Yeee haaa At least we all know how to laugh during all this chaos so I might be missing for a few days at a time here and there, so happy flying and maidens to you all.
Joe,
I'll remember you this weekend as my daughter is also getting married on Saturday! My wife is making the wedding cake, so the next few days are sure to be crazy around the house. Enjoy your walk down the aisle with your daughter as I will mine!
Regards,
Mike
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Jun 01, 2011, 09:33 AM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschulz View Post
Well, keep your fingers crossed...if the weather cooperates, and the plane cooperates, I might maiden my Sukhoi Su-26m tomorrow.
I decided I would put everything together (cowl, spinner, etc.) for a few "dress up" pics.
-Mike
That thing is Beautiful! PLEASE post a report if you fly it today
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Old Jun 01, 2011, 12:15 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Waldo please feel free to post any an all pic's of the spoap box derby, I promise you won't get in trouble by Da Rock.

guy's are you sure your gonna be able to afford to fly after paying for those weddings

I told my daughter I will once but after that your on your own. Momma didn't like me saying that but after all I am a realist

Plow o plow where are you plowboy?
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Jun 01, 2011, 12:26 PM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
Portland, Oregon
Joined Sep 2008
1,599 Posts
Congrats on the weddings guys. Had my experience with my daughters' a few months back. One of the most bitter sweet moments in my life, but still wonderful.

Enjoy B-day David.

Looks like rain until the weekend, then a jump to 80 degrees from low 60's. Should be interesting.
NoMatta is offline Find More Posts by NoMatta
Old Jun 01, 2011, 01:04 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,972 Posts
Mschulz Congrats also and yes it will be a great day for sure, My in-law is making the cake from the bakery, I'm in charge of transporting it LOL this could end badly LOL as I'm known to be hungry and cakes are as great as waffles Did you maiden The anticipation is killing us lol

Kerwin I will post pics if I get a chance to take any, LOL last year I forgot the dang camera, and yes weddings are up there in price, I don't think I'll be able to afford waffles for many years now, Good thing I already have a good sized fleet.

MT Flyer that thing is sweet, I remember painting the sides for you now LOL
When I met my wife she said she just bought big a mobile home I thought what you have was what she was talking about LOL but it was a brand new double wide LOL I thought I just met the coolest chick in the world, well she is anyway, The house was beautiful but not at all what I was expecting LOL I yelled where the heck is the cab LOL Heyyyyy I've been bam boozled LOL

Hey Nomatta I'm sure it was bittersweet. and thats funny weather, its in the mid 80's right now and tonight were getting hit with a good storm and then its bouncing down to the 60's for a day LOL
Waldopepperaxe is online now Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Jun 01, 2011, 01:21 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,548 Posts
Well, no maiden today; winds were supposed to be 10-15, but ended up being 20-25 so I ran another tank of gas through the engine and fiddled a bit with the high and low end needles...the engine is idling pretty good at 1500-1900rpm and top end is almost 8000; still a little rich on both ends, but that's ok for now.
Have to wait for another day to maiden the Sukhoi Su-26.
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Jun 01, 2011, 01:28 PM
United States, IN, Griffith
Joined Sep 2010
80 Posts
I have a Twist 40 that I am putting an OS 55AX in. Any suggestion for prop?
RCMikeofIndiana is offline Find More Posts by RCMikeofIndiana
Old Jun 01, 2011, 01:30 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,072 Posts
Wow Congrats and happy wishes all around!

I stole two more flights on the 3dhs edge today. I say stole because sneaking them into less than 30 min from the time I park to the time I'm back on the road feels like I'm stealing them.

I love that plane and hope I can keep it flying for a while but I already have my eyes on the new 48" 3DHS Edge that is on the boat from China right now. The airframe is $150 compared to the previous $180 price for the 47" that I have now. They are calling it the buck-fifty huck. When this airframe I have is toast all the goodies in it will transfer nicely straight over to the 48". I have the crazy thought crossing my mind that I might want to try a 4s pack on it. The 3s packs have plenty of power and very nice vertical climb but I think it would be fun to have a lot more speed

My flying is continuing to improve incrementally on the little edge each time I go out. I am getting more comfortable with how it flies and better at predicting how it will respond to inputs. I am getting braver on my KE passes... so watch out for a report that I put the wing into the grass and cartwheeled lol. I hope I can get some vids soon.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Jun 01, 2011, 04:09 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMikeofIndiana View Post
I have a Twist 40 that I am putting an OS 55AX in. Any suggestion for prop?

Hi Mike,

I would start with a 13x4W on the 55AX. The 46 engines love the 12.25 x 3.75 props so I thinkg the 13x4W would be a starting point for the AX,

Here is the link to all the tips for the TTxxx we have collected.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1032106

Drop any questions about anything here and you should get a response pretty quick.

Welcome aboard.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Jun 01, 2011, 04:09 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
I am hosting RealFlight 5.5

Waynemia
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Jun 01, 2011, 04:19 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,072 Posts
Ah dang Wayne I'd love to join your game... did you just get 5.5? I'm just stuck at werk...
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Last edited by 3DNater; Jun 01, 2011 at 04:55 PM.
Old Jun 01, 2011, 04:34 PM
nothing
United States, MO, Cameron
Joined Jan 2011
915 Posts
Brathanke I like your enthusiasm, too many people in this hobby don't fly much. They are what you call "hanger pilots". I wish we had more people in our flying club like you and Wayne and the rest of the Twist guys.
Kerwin49 is offline Find More Posts by Kerwin49