Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 21, 2011, 07:17 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,440 Posts
Nate - great video of the T__T 40 with the Saito 72 on it...I told you that you would *LOVE* that engine!! Can't wait for more videos with some rolling harriers, etc. that you promised us.

The last 10 seconds of the video are a real bonus...I assume that is your son?
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2011, 07:44 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Thanks for the vid Nate, loved the ending!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old May 21, 2011, 09:14 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,948 Posts
Ok for the 7 of you that saw that feel priviledged cuz I went ahead and trimmed it off the end And yes that was my 3rd born child Cole. He is now 13 months and walking all over the place.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old May 21, 2011, 10:02 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,948 Posts
Wow dang... I guess I need to learn how to use the video editor lol. I forgot to hit publish on the trimming so at least 7 more folks got to enjoy my kid being weighed ...
Old May 21, 2011, 01:50 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,518 Posts
Nate I'm so jealous, I'm going to steal your camera man.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old May 21, 2011, 01:53 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,841 Posts
LOL a good kid weighing is always entertaining LOL Nice vid and yes it was a great flight.

Soryy to hear about the crashes boys My cuz lost his kadet today to a crash also Glad it wasn't me LOL.

Plowboy is as Calm as it gets,

Well I got to maiden the giant P-47 with the 1.80 4 stroke saito, man that engine Purrs it was a great flight but the retract link came off during the flight somehow (its a ball link) so when I touched her down for a landing the wheel collapsed and she slid in nicely LOL No damage at all except one of the bombs getting ripped off the bottom of the wing Nice flying bird she's a keeper.

Did some Twistin also but very short lived It was flying grat then about 2 minutes into the flight she started her twitch thing again so I landed it and will go all over everything Yet again for the 4th week, I don't get it, It works great ata the house and then at the field but after a few minutes of flying its like all of a sudden there is radio interference, and she starts jumping around all weird like, have done radio checks on the ground and everything is fine

well off to go see Lynyrd Skynyrd and ZZ Top I just hope the end of the world doesn't come before then LOL
Waldopepperaxe is online now Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old May 21, 2011, 02:02 PM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
Portland, Oregon
Joined Sep 2008
1,589 Posts
Waldo - an old school test from back in the Reed days. Suspend the aircraft by using rubber bands on the wing so you can control it, but is free to vibrate. Run the engin up and down while working controls. You may have a loose connection somewhere. When on the ground or restrained, you change the way the airframe vibrates. Hanging from rubber bands allows the airframe to resonate or whatever and sometimes the problem will show up than. With reeds, vibration was always a problem. All ground checks were good, but they would go nuts in the air. Just one more test to try. FWIW
NoMatta is offline Find More Posts by NoMatta
Old May 21, 2011, 03:02 PM
Unregistered User
United States, MO, Winston
Joined Jan 2011
840 Posts
Waldo did you video the flight of the P-47?

And don't forget to crowd surf tonight at the concert!
Kerwin49 is online now Find More Posts by Kerwin49
Old May 21, 2011, 03:27 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,518 Posts
Where o where are you K49, I'm guessing the wind is goning to lay enough later this evening.

HELP some one I'm having a twist attack.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old May 21, 2011, 03:41 PM
Mastered the zen of anger!
Matthews, NC
Joined Dec 2009
88 Posts
I flew the edge around a bit today. Was awesome for it. About 90 degrees with very low wind. Gotta do some slight adjustments for the warmer weather though. I really need to get a video camera
Pillzee is offline Find More Posts by Pillzee
Old May 21, 2011, 04:17 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
I got a couple of flights in before the wind blew my plane off of the table. Sorry about the vid quality, we had to use my iphone.

Horrible plane on a windy day (3 min 25 sec)
Old May 21, 2011, 05:31 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,948 Posts
gee plow that looks like it was pretty fun. I know you don't like that plane but it looks pretty sweet to me You can send it to me if you want. I'll make room in the garage.

Kerwin my camera man is my bro and he is amazing at it. He always (almost) keeps the plane in the frame whilst zooming in pretty close... even when he's filming a totally unpredictable pilot... like me. Props to my bro. Oh yeah... I gotta go drop one off at his house
Old May 21, 2011, 06:08 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Lol! Don't tempt me!
Old May 21, 2011, 06:10 PM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
Portland, Oregon
Joined Sep 2008
1,589 Posts
Looks the least bit like you're having some fun, my friend. Little windy too, huh. And what's with the shorts and sandals. Doncha know all that sun is bad for ya. Send some up here
NoMatta is offline Find More Posts by NoMatta
Old May 21, 2011, 06:18 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Lol! Don't tempt me!

Was that a plane or a kite?

Uploading a vid shortly of the Texas RC DR1, this is supposed to be the best behaved DR1 and I think it may live up to that.

Maidened the Rare Bear today, what a great flying plane.

Since it has rained for the 435 days in a row, it was sunny, I am burnt, and the Airport Tractor Lawn Mower guy took over our runways.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy