7,305 Posts
Sent you an email Chuck!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
to remove ads between posts
Old May 11, 2011, 07:43 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Is a Saito180 too big for a Showtime 90?
Old May 11, 2011, 07:58 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,497 Posts
Replacing the plug was the 1st thing I did.
I'm still dealing with this chopper, My brother replaced the rear signal with sum small signals and they won't trigger the flasher.
I'll be glad when I can go back to being retired. This job is wearing me out.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old May 11, 2011, 09:54 PM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
I'm going to try and get it set up for Saturday so I can twist with Daniel but I don't know if I'll really have time. Plus I'll need some servo extensions etc. that I would normally order in for a better deal than what the LHS sells them for. The nice thing is that its been all built once so all I have to do is throw my gear in it.

Git'r done
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Old May 11, 2011, 09:58 PM
Montana Transplant
Joined Aug 2005
1,929 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Kerwin50 for saving us from 24 full hours of no posts on this thread

I got up early (5:30) and worked on the twist till a few minutes ago (8:30). I got the motor mounted (tt pro 46) and the servos in the fuse. I still have to put servos in the wing and get the other electric stuff in there. I wish I had another full range spektrum rx but she'll be using my futaba ch 60 pcm rx. I hope that isn't your channel Daniel. I'm going with a lipo and a 10 amp BEC from Castle for powering the servos etc. That will be nice to be on 6v.

Anyways, time for Uncle Bill's funeral where I am singing a couple of hymns including the Navy hymn "Eternal Father Strong To Save." I guess there is going to be an old Navy Admiral there so I hope I don't butcher it.
no problems here... Im using 51, 44 and 2.4
Old May 11, 2011, 09:59 PM
Washougal, Washington, United States
Joined Jan 2004
1,390 Posts
Largemouth. Boy we sure don't have fish like that here! Looks like Plowboy's back in his element.
balsabuster2004 is offline Find More Posts by balsabuster2004
Old May 11, 2011, 11:26 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,872 Posts
I got the twist rdy for a maiden when Daniel gets here on Saturday. It took me about 6 hours total including running the motor for a few minutes. Since I ended up using the tt pro 46 I was concerned that even though it looks good that it might have taken some heavy damage in that lawn dart crash it was in. Well, it ran so beautiful and nice. the prop shaft is as true as new and with the 12.25 x 3.75 it hovers at around 3/4 throttle. There is enough power to pull out of the hover as well but I better not get too crazy to begin with while I get used to how it flies. I'm really happy with the lipo setup as well. I noticed after having it powered up and goofing off with getting servos set up with the control surfaces that I burned through about 125 mah in around 3 hours. Granted this was not heavy use but I'm feeling good about the 800 mah capacity lipos. I have two of them so I should be able to fly all day between the two of them.

So... I guess I am a true t___taholic now!
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old May 11, 2011, 11:29 PM
Wichita, Ks
Joined Jun 2005
1,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Is a Saito180 too big for a Showtime 90?
I'd think it would be a little too heavy... Maybe that's just me.

-Eric
rccardude04 is offline Find More Posts by rccardude04
Old May 12, 2011, 12:15 AM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
Portland, Oregon
Joined Sep 2008
1,584 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsabuster2004 View Post
Largemouth. Boy we sure don't have fish like that here! Looks like Plowboy's back in his element.
FISH ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NoMatta is offline Find More Posts by NoMatta
Old May 12, 2011, 05:07 AM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,956 Posts
Hey guys, anyone have any recommendations for perscription sunglasses especially suited for RC. Our field has fairly low morning sun much of the year and I'd like to get some decent sunglasses. Mine have some spots on them that combined with my floaters make flying extra challenging!
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
Old May 12, 2011, 06:55 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Haha! I was just wondering if there were any good size bass left in my moms pond!! It sure is good to be home! Thanks for posting the pic Chuck, I couldn't do it if I wanted to, with this IPhone!!!

Eric, that's what I was thinking too.
Old May 12, 2011, 08:19 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,497 Posts
Plowboy that sure looks like some good eating.
Did you cut your hair?
My wife's been afterme about getting a haircut.
I've been working at my bro's on his chopper and it's like OCC all over.
I told him yesterday This is alot of DRAMA an I may have to add a drama charge.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old May 12, 2011, 09:06 AM
Montana Transplant
Joined Aug 2005
1,929 Posts
Quote:
I got the twist rdy for a maiden when Daniel gets here on Saturday. It took me about 6 hours total including running the motor for a few minutes.

So... I guess I am a true t___taholic now!
I'm kicking around the idea of making you guys some breakfast. I don't have a decent waffle maker so how does pancakes and eggs sound? Being the good Mormon boy that I am I won't have any coffee for you. I don't have any idea how to even brew it
none of these guys have flown off grass.

WHAT NO WAFFLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
not a true twistaholic yet.... gotta fly then have Waffles, or waffles then fly... or fly while eatting waffles..
so I understand it will be BYOC (bring your own coffee)...

Messing with you Nate

No these guys have not flow from grass, I have... LV only has dirt, lake beds, and asphalt. I don't think they allow grass anywhere except the county clubs.. ( I am sooo ready for grass and trees).
Old May 12, 2011, 10:03 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,872 Posts
Ya Daniel BYOC hahaha! I always hate going down to LV even though it seems to be the one destination so many people always want. To me its just like you said... no grass or trees anywhere and waaaay too much pavement. Not to mention its hotter than here which is saying something since we have temps around 110 here from June to August.

Anyways, you might want bring some chairs if you have them since the turf farm is... just a turf farm. No chairs and no potty. My place is right next to the farm so that solves the potty problem but I don't have really any chairs to take out there. I'm actually trying to figure out how I'm going to get my three planes over there in my little saturn
Old May 12, 2011, 10:16 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,872 Posts
well... not having flown off grass we'll have to make sure and let them know how to avoid nosing over with their planes due to the extra drag. DON'T LET GO OF THAT ELEVATOR