HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 05, 2011, 11:05 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
Have fun Waldo!

Hey Eric! Good to see ya!

Bill, did you hurt your plane? I hope not!
Whats up with Robb, I thought he just got rid of two 85cc Suks last year? I like ol Jim, please say hello for me.

Flew my Eagle and my Freestyle today. I stripped my rudder servo on the profile and had to rob one from old Sweetpea to salvage the trip!! Still had fun!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
to remove ads between posts
Old May 06, 2011, 03:33 AM
I Just Want to Hover!
United States, OR, Eugene
Joined Jun 2004
710 Posts
Edge 540 ignition

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Bill, did you hurt your plane? I hope not!
Whats up with Robb, I thought he just got rid of two 85cc Suks last year? I like ol Jim, please say hello for me.
No worries Alan, when I installed the smoke system, the ignition lead was tangled around the smoke tank vent tubing and after a few flights, the vibration loosened the connection between the plugs. I put a keeper on it, must have been an oversight as I usually put keepers on all radio connectors.

Easy fix. Working fine.

Also noticed the two bottom hinges on the rudder were broken, CA type. So cut all of them and reinstalled 5 hinges instead of 4. So I am ready to tear it up again!

I will say HI to Jim for you. Ya he sold one with an 85cc in it and put a 100cc in the other one. No problem with vertical.

Bill
Bill Martins is offline Find More Posts by Bill Martins
Old May 06, 2011, 07:02 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Plow if I would of had 4 drinks for lunch I would of been higher than either of those planes LOL
Well I've been buring the midnight oil, you see 3 days ago I was over at my brothers.
And we where looking at his harley that we put the springer on.
He remarked how the wiring need to be all redone. Of course I told him it smells like a harris smoke pump to me.
He just smiled
It's turned into Orange county choppers at his house.
Now momma has gotten in the deal and she wants His Linclon.
So not only do I not get the smoke pump for the green machine, but now I'm going to have to give my brother DENARO
OH NO

I have manage to get the joiner wire glued into 1 elev half.
I took my gear off and was going to straighten it yesterday at my bro's but with drilling the handle bars for the wiring and making a speddo mount I just ran out of time an energy.
I hope to have her ready this sunday.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old May 06, 2011, 08:47 AM
Wichita, Ks
Joined Jun 2005
1,986 Posts
Haha thanks Waldo and plowboy, I have been needing to clean house for a while now. There's a bunch of stuff that hasn't been driven/flown in well over a year, and there's just no point to keeping some of it. Also, at some point I plan to move out of this place and don't want to move ALL of my crap. LOL

Also, I haven't been around much due to school and work. I've been quite busy.

I did fire up the Decathlon a couple weeks ago. I need to finish it up but haven't really had time. Today is my first real day off in a while. I have all weekend to study for my exams next week so I may dedicate today to working on the Decathlon and hanging out with Lizzy.

-Eric
rccardude04 is offline Find More Posts by rccardude04
Old May 06, 2011, 09:04 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Martins View Post
Yesterday was a great weather day, 70 degrees, slight wind varying from 1 to 5 or 6 mph.

I got 3 flights in on my 1/4 Edge, smoke on. On the third flight the ignition went out. So fun over. Haven't taken the time to trouble shoot it. I have an IBEC on it so it could be a couple of different things.

A flying buddy took some pictures. First pic me following Jimmy's cloud maker up. 2nd Edge sliding down in the smoke. 3rd Jimmy's cloud maker goin up!

I got a short video of Jim Robb's 85cc Sukhoi (with a DA 100cc ) and the link to YouTube is below.

Enjoy,

Bill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKTZG..._order&list=UL
Nice pics and video. I might put smoke on one some day....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccardude04 View Post
Okay so maybe I was only half-kidding on april fools day... I am seriously thinking about selling a bunch of r/c stuff. Obviously the Twist stays, as well as the MX-2, Decathlon, trainer, and my night bird and Raptor helicopter. But I may try to sell my 450/250, some r/c car stuff, the J10 EDF, and my Cub...

Also, I have 3 flyable indoor mircros from Parkzone/e-flite (cub/4-site/vapor) that are all pretty rough as far as the airframes go, but since I don't even own a spektrum radio right now... Anyone know of anyone looking for anything that I may have?

Other thoughts anyone?

-Eric
I can fix the little fliers for you. I will sell you my DX5e.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old May 06, 2011, 09:25 AM
Wichita, Ks
Joined Jun 2005
1,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Nice pics and video. I might put smoke on one some day....

I can fix the little fliers for you. I will sell you my DX5e.

Actually have a 5e already, but I don't like flying the 4-site/sukhoi without expo and honestly I'm just bored with little indoor planes right now. I may get into it later but I'll probably replace everything with new stuff. I just wanna find people who want the electronics out of what I've got really. The airframes are all pretty rough. The Cub would probably be the best but needs some pretty significant wing repair lol.

-Eric
rccardude04 is offline Find More Posts by rccardude04
Old May 06, 2011, 09:20 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,446 Posts
Joe Nall FPV Tour of the Grounds

FPV 5 - Triple Tree - Joe Nall 2011 (3 min 33 sec)
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old May 06, 2011, 09:26 PM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,827 Posts
very cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post

http://vimeo.com/23103803
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Old May 06, 2011, 09:52 PM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,827 Posts
V2 twist landing gear is mm's larger than orrigional twist gear.
for those who are into the differences in the two versions.

It just fit into the twist 40 box.

I think the twist 40 v2 is also slightly larger than the orrigional twist 40 but still by mm's

all planes packed and ready to transport

will take some picutes for you guys to laugh your heads off on my packing methods

I made a wing sandwich tonight after work

Never realized how hungry i was till after packing today how hungry I have been for rc in the last 3 years

Man I got lots of
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Old May 06, 2011, 11:17 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,200 Posts
Uhg.. I just bought 3 more glow engines today... They were just too good of a deal to pass on. TT pro 46, ST 45, and magnum xl 53. They are all for sale if anyone wants one
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old May 07, 2011, 07:55 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Uhg.. I just bought 3 more glow engines today... They were just too good of a deal to pass on. TT pro 46, ST 45, and magnum xl 53. They are all for sale if anyone wants one
Did you get any GOOD ones?
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old May 07, 2011, 09:36 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Did you get any GOOD ones?
We'll see. The guy says he only deals with heli stuff and didn't know anything about the airplane engines as far as value. He got them as part of a large lot purchase. He said he was able to get them all to run and that the st 45 and the magnum 53 have really good compression. the tt pro 46 he said doesn't have as much compression as the other two but I figured since I have another one of those i can use it for parts if need be. So the jury is out until I get them I guess.
Old May 07, 2011, 12:28 PM
I Just Want to Hover!
United States, OR, Eugene
Joined Jun 2004
710 Posts
Joe Nall FPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post

http://vimeo.com/23103803
Very Cool. Love the victory rolls.
Bill Martins is offline Find More Posts by Bill Martins
Old May 08, 2011, 12:09 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,200 Posts
Maaaaan somebody needs to say something on here! Anybody got flight reports from today? I finished fixing my little edge and I promised myself I wouldn't fly anything till Daniel comes up here next Saturday. BTW Daniel, what are your plans? When do you think you will be rolling in? Early I hope How long do you want to spend flying? It looks like a storm will roll through during the middle of the week but it will be long gone by Saturday. Should be warm and sunny.
Old May 08, 2011, 12:23 AM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,941 Posts
No flying here today

WINDS: WEST WINDS BETWEEN 30 AND 40 MPH WITH GUSTS TO OVER 60
MPH POSSIBLE ALONG THE EAST SLOPES OF THE SPRING MOUNTAINS AND
INTO THE WEST SIDE OF THE LAS VEGAS VALLEY. THE REMAINDER OF THE
LAS VEGAS VALLEY WILL SEE WINDS GUSTING BETWEEN 40 AND 50 MPH.
IMPACTS: VERY STRONG CROSS WINDS ARE POSSIBLE ON AREA ROADWAYS
AS WELL AS AREAS OF BLOWING SAND AND DUST WHICH MAY RAPIDLY
LOWER VISIBILITIES
A HIGH WIND WARNING WAS ISSUED
BEGINNING AT 9 PM. GUST BETWEEN 60 AND 70 MPH ARE POSSIBLE IN
THOSE AREAS.
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer