Old May 04, 2011, 02:28 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Thanks Mike, Wayne, and Daniel
Look at option 5 on the setup. This allows you to have a soft-cutoff. With soft-cutoff enabled, the motor will lose power but not stop when the cutoff voltage is reached. You can temporarily restore engine power by pulling the throttle to idle the advancing the throttle again.

It sounds like you have it set to motor off.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
to remove ads between posts
Old May 04, 2011, 02:30 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,822 Posts
We have a little bin of strawberries sitting in our fridge... Just need some whipped cream.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old May 04, 2011, 02:34 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Look at option 5 on the setup. This allows you to have a soft-cutoff. With soft-cutoff enabled, the motor will lose power but not stop when the cutoff voltage is reached. You can temporarily restore engine power by pulling the throttle to idle the advancing the throttle again.

It sounds like you have it set to motor off.
You would be best to use the reset to factory defaults. Those are the typical settings for airplanes.

I see this happen to some guys that turn on the plane with the throttle up. The ESC goes in to program mode. The pilot then realizes that the throttle is up so they pull it down. This sets whatever mode the ESC was on when the stick was pulled.

Some ESCs have a better confirmation process so this does not happen.

I have a programming card for the ESCs I use most often to make programming easier.
Old May 04, 2011, 03:52 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,822 Posts
well I think I had some power when on that landing... it just wasn't enough since I was already at a stall speed.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old May 04, 2011, 05:13 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
11,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
well I think I had some power when on that landing... it just wasn't enough since I was already at a stall speed.
Tends to make a lipo have a very short life.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old May 04, 2011, 06:15 PM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,929 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9#post18148772

Turbo Header Muffler test
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Old May 04, 2011, 08:50 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,490 Posts
I've started installing an elev joiner wire on the green machine, inorder to remove a servo.
I'm thinking it's a little tail heavy for sport flying as she like to drop her tail during an approach.
Of course when I was using an 18 inch prop I didn't notice it like I did with a 20 incher.
I can't beleive last sunday when I broke a 20/6 Xoar a guy gave me a 20/8 and she flew very well but with that larger prop it will slowed her down when I would cut the throttle.
I bought an 18/6w apc prop for her today, I'm tired of those wood props.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old May 05, 2011, 06:12 AM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,956 Posts
I love the Xoar props but they are pricy and don't survive even a minor nose over very well. I damaged one using my rubber covered chicken stick trying to start a Saito when my electric starter ran out of juice. Still, I like the Xoars and sense that they might be a little "safer" than an APC. The APC 18x5W looks like a machete. Since I am often alone at the field, I decided to order some Kevlar gloves. I have no idea if I can work with them or if they would be any good, but I figured it would be worth trying.
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
Old May 05, 2011, 07:19 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,303 Posts
APC stands to Always Precise Cuts.... I know all about it. Still, I like them and use them where applicable.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old May 05, 2011, 08:28 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,710 Posts
The majority of My props are APC but all the bigger 1/4 scales I have the wooden jammies using a 18x5 on the triplane and an 18x6 on the Jug.

I had waffles last night emmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

My Foamy did the best level flight off the work bench and across the basement and smashed into a beam once when I forgot to pull the throttle back before plugging in the battery LOL it was the best I ever seen it fly, I made a quick grab at it but missed, then was trying to run and catch it when it dawned on me the box was in my hand and to just shut it down LOL That was the first and only time that happened to me, Now I quadruple check its position before plugging in the bat and I hold the plane LOL that could have been bad. Lesson learned thats for sure.

MT Looks like you had great results with the turbo header, Cool
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old May 05, 2011, 08:36 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
This looks like a new deal at Hobby City. This Link will let you buy a NanoTech 3S, 2200mAh, 35-70C lipo for $15.04 plus shipping. I would get a $4.43 refund on the two I just ordered. You have to have an account and log in before you use this link.

http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...B-13359D0514B8

This is the first time I have seen this. They used to have a Swarm deal but they cancelled that. They don't have this on all items but a lot of stuff. Is there.
Old May 05, 2011, 09:16 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,490 Posts
Yeah with that big apc I'm going to have to be careful starting it. I'm just tired of breaking props and with my thumbs it's only a question of time.
They say use wood props to protect the crank but I've already broke 60 dollars in props to save a 40 dollar crank.
The thing is I had a ST 3000 an used plastic props. It must of seen a hundred prop strikes an never bent a crank.
I'm only hoping the DLE crank is as strong as a ST 3000.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old May 05, 2011, 09:16 AM
Montana Transplant
Joined Aug 2005
1,929 Posts
Hazardous weather condition(s):

Hazardous Weather Outlook

Today: Sunny, with a high near 91. Calm wind becoming southeast around 6 mph.

Tonight: Clear, with a low around 69. Southeast wind 5 to 7 mph becoming west southwest.

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 95. Calm wind becoming south southwest between 5 and 8 mph.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 72. Southwest wind between 6 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph

looks like the next 2 days are play dates
Old May 05, 2011, 09:17 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer View Post
Hazardous weather condition(s):

Hazardous Weather Outlook

Today: Sunny, with a high near 91. Calm wind becoming southeast around 6 mph.

Tonight: Clear, with a low around 69. Southeast wind 5 to 7 mph becoming west southwest.

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 95. Calm wind becoming south southwest between 5 and 8 mph.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 72. Southwest wind between 6 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph

looks like the next 2 days are play dates
Looks like your biggest hazard is sun exposure!
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old May 05, 2011, 09:46 AM
Montana Transplant
Joined Aug 2005
1,929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschulz View Post
Looks like your biggest hazard is sun exposure!

SPF 50, a big hat, and lots of water... gotta go