SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 23, 2011, 11:32 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Here is some aerial video from my GWS Slow Stick brushless the other day.

GWS Slow Stick with Onboard Camera (8 min 11 sec)
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 23, 2011, 12:13 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschulz View Post
Your daughter is going to fly a 50cc Cub? Awesome daughter!

So where did you end up moving to?
-Mike

She's a chip off the old block! Lol

I have moved back home to southwest Louisiana.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Apr 23, 2011, 01:25 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
I have moved back home to southwest Louisiana.
That's nearly Southeast Texas.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 05:20 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,021 Posts
Brathanke that was some of the best 3D stuff I've Never Seen LOL Nice harriers for sure and looks like you have yourself a great machine right there Yes I do expect we'll be ssing some tail touches with that for sure, Congrats on the maiden and get those landing gear epoxied in as that should have never happened with that beautiful of a landing. All in all Very Cool

Wayne Nice vid also beautiful views out there and pass a waffle over here too.

Plow Glad your in over there and we've been dealing with high winds for 3 weeks now and today we were rained out,,, There was Snow and Ice on the Lawns this Morning LOL
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Apr 23, 2011, 05:21 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
That's nearly Southeast Texas.
I will be spending some time in the Beaumont market.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Apr 23, 2011, 06:39 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,568 Posts
Well, it was nice today, no rain...but 20-25mph winds...too much for my T___T 60 anyway. So I spent the day repairing the siding on my house which was ripped off by wind in the recent storms...been the first decent dry day in weeks. Oh and the spring on my garage door busted yesterday...so I had to call a garage door repairman today to replace the springs...not a cheap service call.
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Apr 23, 2011, 06:58 PM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Brathanke that was some of the best 3D stuff I've Never Seen LOL Nice harriers for sure and looks like you have yourself a great machine right there Yes I do expect we'll be ssing some tail touches with that for sure, Congrats on the maiden and get those landing gear epoxied in as that should have never happened with that beautiful of a landing. All in all Very Cool

Wayne Nice vid also beautiful views out there and pass a waffle over here too.

Plow Glad your in over there and we've been dealing with high winds for 3 weeks now and today we were rained out,,, There was Snow and Ice on the Lawns this Morning LOL
I really liked the knife-edge and the waterfall...n
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Old Apr 23, 2011, 08:04 PM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
759 Posts
Finally after 6 months got some Twistin' in. I'm really liking that 16x4w on my 1.25 Saito. I can to several snap rolls at full throttle and the plane just stays at the same elevation tying itself in knots.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old Apr 23, 2011, 08:30 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklegchris View Post
Finally after 6 months got some Twistin' in. I'm really liking that 16x4w on my 1.25 Saito. I can to several snap rolls at full throttle and the plane just stays at the same elevation tying itself in knots.
Great! That is a nice prop for the 1.25.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 09:51 PM
Joined Jan 2009
5,568 Posts
The weather report for tomorrow means I'm going to have to do some creative scheduling. Somewhere between church and Easter Dinner, I'm going flying! Temps in the high 50's, mostly cloudy, only 10% change of rain, and winds at 5-6mph. I really want to test that new prop on my T___T 60 and my newly acquired electric Diablotin is just screaming for a maiden.
-Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 23, 2011, 10:04 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,412 Posts
Hello from Baltimore!

This afternoon the sun came out and they were able to pull off some IMAC demo flights.... Fun is over now, now its back to planning construction of an RC Arc.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Apr 23, 2011, 10:10 PM
lets do the Twist
Canada, NS, Lunenburg
Joined Jan 2011
47 Posts
hey fellas, flew today for the first time this year, i took the tt40 out for her maiden with the new spektrum gear.
everything went good with only a few clicks of trim here and there.
the irvine 53 seemed to work much better with the 11x7 on it and hovered with ease. still waiting for the ambition to drop the magnum 91 in it,

waldo, do you have any good pictures or info of the bipe wing mod on your t____t?
im looking to do something similar with the spare wing i found.. i was trying to find the avicraft panic biplane with no success but the twipe seems to be the next best thing thanks and happy flying
rosco169 is offline Find More Posts by rosco169
Old Apr 23, 2011, 10:46 PM
Joined Jan 2009
5,568 Posts
Rosco,
You want to put a Magnum .91fs on a T___T 40? That's just crazy...which I guess is just about normal with this group! I've got a Magnum .91fs on my T___T 60...I'm hoping a different prop (14x4w) will help the performance. I had a Saito 115 on it and that was an awesome flyer.
-Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 23, 2011, 11:19 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,144 Posts
I'm glad some of you got some flying in today. Mike, Waldo, and whoever is in the NE sorry about your bad luck with the weather this year.

I just took a closer look at my edge that you guys saw the landing gear rip off on a super easy landing. I bought that plane in a 3 way trade. My buddy traded the guy a cheaper extra 260 NIB ARF and I paid my friend cash for the edge. Well it looks like we really got the short end of the stick. The guy had said the landing gear had been torn off and repaired and represented that he had been flying on it for a while. Well, after taking a closer look... what I thought was broken CA or epoxy turns out to be HOT GLUE. So yes... it kinda was being held on by bubble gum. I find it really irritating and I feel like I've been had. Luckily it won't be too hard to fix but I'm thinking we should have gotten $50 off or something.
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Apr 23, 2011, 11:27 PM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
759 Posts
Hot glue?!?! That's just wrong.
Rosco go for it. I did the .91 with mine and believe me you'll have permagrin. The 14x4w is my prop of choice for the .91FS.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris