HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 21, 2011, 12:19 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
I flew my pico tiger moth yesterday and tried out my new cam. I hav'nt figured out how to edit it, and I also need to set up a UTUBE account, so I can post my video.
Hey Kerwin, Windows Live Moviemaker is pretty good and it is free.

http://explore.live.com/windows-live...maker?os=other
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 21, 2011, 12:55 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschulz View Post
Chicago forecast for Thursday:

Thursday:
Rain likely. Low 38F. Winds E at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall near a quarter of an inch.

Friday:
Showers early with scattered strong thunderstorms developing later in the day. High 47F. Winds ESE at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

I guess it's a good thing that I'm teaching a class the next two days since the weather won't be good for flying anyway? (:<)

I obtained a 14x4W prop for my T__T 60/Magnum .91 - perhaps Saturday the weather will be better and allow me to try this out. I support my LHS when I can, like in this case where I had to pay $12.95 for this prop. It is described as a 3D prop; we'll see!

Cheers,
Mike
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGAE5&P=7

you got a good deal on the prop Mike cuz you would have to pay shipping of $5.99 from tower.
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Apr 21, 2011, 02:00 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGAE5&P=7

you got a good deal on the prop Mike cuz you would have to pay shipping of $5.99 from tower.
Yea, but, Advantage Hobby sells them for $10.95. The shipping is $4.99 and free for orders over $50. They also have a new customer discount if it is your first order there.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 02:09 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,142 Posts
good to know wayne... still... $2 for getting it today ain't bad. The Xx4 props are always way more money...
Old Apr 21, 2011, 02:52 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
good to know wayne... still... $2 for getting it today ain't bad. The Xx4 props are always way more money...
Yep, if you gotta have one right now, then you gotta do that you gotta do. Just for grins and giggles, I looked up what it would cost to drive to the hobby shop for a $12.95 prop. Gas (72 miles RT, 24mpg, 3.70/gal) 11.10. Tax (.08125) $1.05. Total = $25.10 (assuming I only get the one prop).

I would probably fly something else until the props came in.

Well, nothing really fun, for me anyway, is cheap. I should take up calisthenics. Lessee, exercise clothes, equipment, extra laundry, extra showers, new wardrobe, doctor visits, ... Nope, that is off my list.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 02:56 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Yep, if you gotta have one right now, then you gotta do that you gotta do. Just for grins and giggles, I looked up what it would cost to drive to the hobby shop for a $12.95 prop. Gas (72 miles RT, 24mpg, 3.70/gal) 11.10. Tax (.08125) $1.05. Total = $25.10 (assuming I only get the one prop).

I would probably fly something else until the props came in.

Well, nothing really fun, for me anyway, is cheap. I should take up calisthenics. Lessee, exercise clothes, equipment, extra laundry, extra showers, new wardrobe, doctor visits, ...
Well, I wanted it now (or at least the next day or so) and I wasn't buying $50 or more of stuff, and like I said, I do like to support the LHS when I can. The LHS is only 4 miles away, so gas and travel time is not an issue. I do like to grumble about cost, but the convenience makes it worth it. Don't even get me started on the cost of gas! Shipping costs frequently make the LHS option a better deal, especially for small purchases.
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Apr 21, 2011, 03:15 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschulz View Post
Well, I wanted it now (or at least the next day or so) and I wasn't buying $50 or more of stuff, and like I said, I do like to support the LHS when I can. The LHS is only 4 miles away, so gas and travel time is not an issue. I do like to grumble about cost, but the convenience makes it worth it. Don't even get me started on the cost of gas! Shipping costs frequently make the LHS option a better deal, especially for small purchases.
If I lived in Illinois, I would be really poor. I would be going to Champaign once a month.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 06:05 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
If I lived in Illinois, I would be really poor. I would be going to Champaign once a month.
I lived in Illinois for 30+ years and was poor and it was not because of the hobby....
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Apr 21, 2011, 07:00 PM
USA, AR, Austin
Joined Jun 2009
326 Posts
You don't have to livein Illinois to be poor , I'm doing that in Arkansas.
tower flyer is offline Find More Posts by tower flyer
Old Apr 21, 2011, 07:14 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Thanks Wayne.
YFD I'd put that 55ax on it now, that extra power will be more of a help than a hinderance.
I was wanting to fly sunday but it looks like I may have to work sunday afternoon.
I sure hope this part time work doesn't get in the way of my flying season too much.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Apr 21, 2011, 08:02 PM
United States, PA, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2009
506 Posts
I'm calling no joy!!!!

on my ST 90. nothing seems to work. I have tried the blow through the fuel tube method, different glow plugs, fuel, etc... and I still can't get it to run right. I can't set the high end correctly. when I set it to where the pinch test works, then idle down and idle up, the it will gurgle, and will never achieve full RPM. I then reset the low end using the fuel tube blow method, no difference. And I'm only getting @ 6 minutes on the ground with the stock fuel tank. I guess it's the carb, I don't know. But I have run damn near a gallon of fuel through in two nights trying to get it to run. I'm running a No 8 plug. I don't know what else to do other than just take it out and put a JBA 15cc gasser in it or a 1:20 FS. I have spent more money on this plane that any other, with the high torque servos and such. I have only flown it one time due to the ST 90. No air bubbles in the fuel lines. I did a submersion test on the tank when I installed it. I knew I should've bought the 60 size yak!! Oh well live and learn, but I'm not learning much other than the ST 90 will not run!! Times Like these make me want to go electric!!!
billd76 is offline Find More Posts by billd76
Old Apr 21, 2011, 08:05 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,020 Posts
Welcome YFD27 yes stick around here we'll get you lovin that plane
Here is where the Mods for this plane are located
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1032106
That is where you'll find everything you need to know, but don't hesitate to ask us anything either, but talk to us over here on this thread.
we usually cut a hole behind the wing in the fuse and put a hatch there and put the battery in there for the weight, but to start with this plane you'll want to be around a CG of 4.25 - 4.50 until you get used to it then 5 would be awesome. and yeah throw that 55 right on there David Loves that 46 on his so he'll get you squared away with that combo for sure.

hey Plow Hope the move is going well.

I'm poor and happy in NY
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Apr 21, 2011, 08:06 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,142 Posts
ouch billd76. I'm sure you already tried making sure the spary bar lines up right per wayne's instructions. I wish I could help but I'm still somewhat of a noob with ST engines since I just barely got one. I guess I am fortunate to have picked up one that tuned well without too much grief.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 08:08 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,020 Posts
Billd Wayne will get you squared away on that ST for sure I think, I can't give you my input on an ST engine as it wouldn't be very Pro rated LOL I went through what your going through and it can be fixed so hang in there.
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Apr 21, 2011, 08:08 PM
United States, PA, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2009
506 Posts
Quote:
ouch billd76. I'm sure you already tried making sure the spary bar lines up right per wayne's instructions. I wish I could help but I'm still somewhat of a noob with ST engines since I just barely got one. I guess I am fortunate to have picked up one that tuned well without too much grief.
yes Pulled the carb to check the spray bar, even replaced the O -ring on the carb base
billd76 is offline Find More Posts by billd76