HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 29, 2011, 09:38 PM
Washougal, Washington, United States
Joined Jan 2004
1,390 Posts
Funny story

I found this in the 50 foot Floyd thread - funny!

"True story: I was at Old Country Buffet once with my family. After we had finished eating, I noticed that my little brother (about 4 at the time) was sitting there with a mouthful of gum, which he didn't have when we came in.

"Andrew? Um... Where did you get that gum?"
"It's under the table! There's lots of it!" He could barely talk because of the massive wad in his mouth... I think he did the same thing in a few different places, actually "
balsabuster2004 is offline Find More Posts by balsabuster2004
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2011, 09:51 PM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,460 Posts
Xoar my favorite prop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
I just ordered the prop (Xoar 22 x 8 laminated) for CreoleBaby's Cub, and this prop hub from VVRC!!

http://valleyviewrc.com/DLE%20engine%20prop%20hubs.htm
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 29, 2011, 09:57 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22 View Post
Xoar my favorite prop.
I just got in one of the Silver Xoar Sword

http://valleyviewrc.com/estore/xoar-...ller-22x8.html

I have not picked it up from my buddy yet, the order just came in.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Mar 29, 2011, 09:57 PM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,929 Posts
chime in and any help and suggestions welcome

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1#post17826318
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Old Mar 30, 2011, 08:54 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,767 Posts
Dad 10% of your stuff LOL Thats like a lifetime supply for most of us LOL and that vid is just off the wall I don't know who was better really the heli pilot or the camera guy LOL I didn't know helis could knifedge in a hover amazing stuff right there.

DOG Nice looking prop

Nothing like free Gum,, Emmmmmmmmmm good ROTFLOL

Plow Nice Hub and prop also, I'm going to have to get me one of the Xoars for sure. I have the same Hub going on my P-47 I have to cut the 10mm screw down though, it sticks out front about 3/4"

I have to use the LHS for my purchases, we have not moved into the ordering things on line world yet, well at least not for RC stuff, I'd be in big trouble if those bills came in and the wife saw the costs LOL so nothing RC goes on the old credit cards, I do everything with cash after saving for weeks and months, Its easier than explaining She loves that I'm into RC and supports me whole heartedly. If I really need something I tell her and then its mine soon after, I'm trying to keep it that way As I think I would be shut down if I approached her weekly with new needs ROTFL
Waldopepperaxe is online now Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Mar 30, 2011, 09:00 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Dad 10% of your stuff LOL Thats like a lifetime supply for most of us LOL and that vid is just off the wall I don't know who was better really the heli pilot or the camera guy LOL I didn't know helis could knifedge in a hover amazing stuff right there.

DOG Nice looking prop

Nothing like free Gum,, Emmmmmmmmmm good ROTFLOL

Plow Nice Hub and prop also, I'm going to have to get me one of the Xoars for sure. I have the same Hub going on my P-47 I have to cut the 10mm screw down though, it sticks out front about 3/4"

I have to use the LHS for my purchases, we have not moved into the ordering things on line world yet, well at least not for RC stuff, I'd be in big trouble if those bills came in and the wife saw the costs LOL so nothing RC goes on the old credit cards, I do everything with cash after saving for weeks and months, Its easier than explaining She loves that I'm into RC and supports me whole heartedly. If I really need something I tell her and then its mine soon after, I'm trying to keep it that way As I think I would be shut down if I approached her weekly with new needs ROTFL

HAHA!! I do almost exactly the same thing! Keep online ordering to an absolute minimum and use cash as much as possible! You are a wise man Waldo!!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Mar 30, 2011, 09:45 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,380 Posts
My wife and I made an agreement - we established a separate checking account for R/C stuff. Once we agree on how much money goes into the hobby account it is mine to do what I want with it, no questions asked. Of course, once the money in the hobby account is gone, it is gone until I figure out how to get more money into the account.
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old Mar 30, 2011, 01:18 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,500 Posts
of of my rc stuff is on account too, account of I anin't no money
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Mar 30, 2011, 02:09 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,875 Posts
I have a separate checking account tied to my paypal that I use for all my online purchasing/selling. Its really convenient and I can usually find ways to build it up as I buy and sell things so I have the hobby supporting a lot of its own cash needs... but admittedly not all haha.

I took my friend Darren out this morning to fly his first plane for the first time. I took it up and got it trimmed well and made sure everything was working perfect. Then I landed and we set it up for buddy box and he got a little stick time. Man was that fun. I really got a kick out of helping him try and learn the basics of NOT putting the plane into the ground. Boy, he got out of control easy though. I guess it was kinda weird to me since I had probably cose to 100 hours of simulator time before I ever got a real model. But I faintly remember flying that way on the simulator as I struggled to master orientation and basic level flight.

He usually had control for 10-15 seconds at a time before getting in a little trouble. I think he actually only made two or three successful turns. I had him just using aileron/elevator for everything and he never touched the throttle. The good thing is that we both had a blast and his plane is still pristine!

To his credit I think he would have done a lot better but the buddy box was impossible to get trimmed properly so he had to worry about compensating a little for being out of trim along with just trying to learn to fly. I am guessing the JR tx he has has a trainer trim menu in it somewhere to adjust the buddy box inputs but I couldn't find it while we were out there.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Mar 30, 2011, 02:21 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Did you try matching up the trim settings on the ground, so that when you hit the switch none of the surfaces move at all?
Old Mar 30, 2011, 02:38 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,767 Posts
LOL Wise is a very big word to use in my department, My wife is 5.2 about 110lbs and I'm scared to death of her LOL
LOL If I need stuff she will always say well go and get it as I never ask for a thing ever I save my $5.00 - $10.00 every 2 weeks on payday and I try not to touch it until I've saved for whatever it is I need I just happen upon stuff mostly because of being in the hobby.

Mschulz I like that system but yes replenishing it could prove interesting at times I'm sure lol

kerwin LOL I hear that

Brathanke Thats great, Good job and yes what Plow said is the first thing to do Take off the plane trim and land it then set the trainer box, I'm sure that feature is in there somewhere, Sometimes when that kind of thing happens I'll take the plane off and then push in the trainer button and have the guy in training Hold the trainer button in while I trim his box with the plane in flight, that way its easier for him when you switch the boxes back and then once you take it back you can just fly it and not be so worried about the trim, but of course its best to get it all figured out so its easy on everyone involved LOL

Like the guy who just gave me an awesome deal on the P-47 I couldn't afford at all or refuse at the same time just called me today on another deal, A club member who just passed away was in the middle of building a Scratch built Bird Dog its all he's worked on for the last 2 years I've known him, he couldn't wait to complete it and was really proud of how it was coming out, He had all the parts cut out but never got it finished as he was sick and in and out of the hospital. so I was asked if I wanted to finish it, I of course was honored and couldn't refuse so I told him I would just add the money to the other payment I'm making. but come hell or High water I will finish the bird dog Like he planned on and fly it high so our buddy can see his work soaring in the sky. hmmm Come to think of it I don't even know what size scale it is or the scheme he wanted to do on it I know he has all the pictures of what he was trying to do and showed me 2 years ago, I just don't rmember it exactly so I may have gotten myself into a little trouble here LOL
Waldopepperaxe is online now Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Mar 30, 2011, 02:43 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
I'm sure he won't mind Waldo, he'd probably just like to see it finished and bringing a smile to someone's face. I know I would feel that way.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 02:57 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,875 Posts
Quote:
Did you try matching up the trim settings on the ground, so that when you hit the switch none of the surfaces move at all?
Ya I tried matching it up on the ground. I was able to get it good on the throttle and rudder but I had maximum trim on the aileron and elevator and it wasn't quite there for him. So there has to be something in a menu to adjust it but we didn't have the manual and I was also a little short on time so we made the best of it. We still had a blast. I even thought about having him fly the one with good trim and tell him when to let off the trainer button but he felt uncomfortable with that. Anyways it was a blast for both of us either way.

I'm still waiting to fly the new 3DHS Edge. I'll post videos when I get to that point for sure.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 03:00 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Try adjusting it all mechanically for him and zero out the trims. Better yet, teach him how to do it himself! I'm sure you will when you have time. I'm glad to see that you enjoy teaching and sharing the hobby as much as I, and others here do! Course I never doubted it for a second, after all, you're a T___Taholic!! lol
Old Mar 30, 2011, 03:34 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,875 Posts
Quote:
Try adjusting it all mechanically for him and zero out the trims. Better yet, teach him how to do it himself! I'm sure you will when you have time. I'm glad to see that you enjoy teaching and sharing the hobby as much as I, and others here do! Course I never doubted it for a second, after all, you're a T___Taholic!! lol
LOL ya I guess I'll have to adjust mechanically if we can't get it figured out in the Master Tx. I hope we can cuz if we adjust it mechanically for the buddy box its going to require a lot of trim on the Master Tx to get it to fly right.

I'm a T___Taholic that has never had a twist! I really like the T___T just for the fact that it has brought so many great ppl together here Buying one is down my list a ways as there are so many other models I want more than it. That is NOT to say I don't want one... just have other things that are coming first