Joined Dec 2009
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rccardude04 View Post
Hi everyone.

It's been a while. I have been busy.

BUT, I did this sunday:

-Eric
now you are doing that in a mazda3... I want to try that in my car... the Mazda Speed3. Don't know the differance look it up
Pillzee is offline Find More Posts by Pillzee
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 26, 2011, 01:01 PM
Wichita, Ks
Joined Jun 2005
1,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillzee View Post
now you are doing that in a mazda3... I want to try that in my car... the Mazda Speed3. Don't know the differance look it up

lol, I'm rather familiar with the speed 3 as well.

If I had the $$, believe me, I'd have a speed. I got a pretty decent deal on my car so I'm not complaining a whole lot!

The speed falls in D-stock category instead of H-stock, which is quite a lot faster. The layout we had last weekend would have required some 3rd-gear action from the 6-speed though! It was rather fast.

I think mazda built the 3 cars around those classes. The car does rather well, even at the national level in both categories. We picked some winners!

I just wish my car came with your swaybars from the factory. lol

-Eric
rccardude04 is offline Find More Posts by rccardude04
Old Mar 26, 2011, 01:26 PM
I Just Want to Hover!
United States, OR, Eugene
Joined Jun 2004
710 Posts
Plane hanging

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzdecat View Post

I noticed a few pages back you were talking about hanging up planes.

I made fittings on the end of 2 X 4s that pinch them between the floor and the ceiling and then the planes get attached to them...gets them off the floor

Fritz, nice rack! so clean and uncluttered.

Here are some of my methods for hanging planes.

Cheers,

Bill
Bill Martins is offline Find More Posts by Bill Martins
Old Mar 26, 2011, 01:39 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,047 Posts
DOG Thanks for the link, it is a great deal but I'm going for the deal called $189.99 LOL I've already spent my quota for the next 2 seasons with that giant P-47 LOL

yeah we actually love our field, the road we used to fly off right behind the field was about 4-6/10 of a mile long until you lost site over the hill, but it was about 14 feet wide you really had to be on your game in the wind to hit that baby, so now it feels like were landing in a football field so all that road practice really paid off over the years, all we really miss about it is the smoothness as we bust up our landing gear pretty good at times on this field. I guess we hit our runway and slow down no problem at all about 98% of the time, I just post the misses and Walk of shames because its funny to watch LOL but to many vid watchers it seems like we can't fly at all and none of us know how to land. LOL

Brathanke thats a bummer but it will stilll be a good plane to you I'm sure.
Just a little TLC will get her right in shape no problem strip it right down and repair the landing gear right just dremmel all the old glue off it and then make some new stock she'll be good as gold
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Mar 26, 2011, 01:53 PM
Smoke me a Kipper
Cedar Grove North Carolina
Joined Oct 2006
1,214 Posts
Good pics Bill...looks like you have tried every method there is
fritzdecat is offline Find More Posts by fritzdecat
Old Mar 26, 2011, 02:43 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Martins View Post
Fritz, nice rack! so clean and uncluttered.

Here are some of my methods for hanging planes.
Cheers,
Bill
Cheers Bill,

I like your approach, what ever it takes and built well enough to hold the plane and some. Is that a pulley sysem on the bigger planes? Fricken SWEET!

I have a project this summer to do something with insulating the Garage and building in some over head storage for planes that makes sense, this is all good stuff.

Waldo... I am with you on that budget thang... this 50cc project has its hand out all the time.

I have changed gears again on the battery subject. I always wanted to try out some of the A123 6.6 volt from Hobby City but they were a little high and they were always out of stock
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1413125
I got a break on both today so any A123 experts in the ranks?
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Mar 26, 2011, 04:20 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,047 Posts
Bill I'll say you.ve tried everything LOL And I do love the pulley system as well

I hear that DOG I can't even imagine the costs associated with a 30% or bigger

well we had some prospectors come and look at the house today so heres hopoing for a new hanger
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Mar 26, 2011, 04:30 PM
Mastered the zen of anger!
Matthews, NC
Joined Dec 2009
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rccardude04 View Post
lol, I'm rather familiar with the speed 3 as well.

If I had the $$, believe me, I'd have a speed. I got a pretty decent deal on my car so I'm not complaining a whole lot!

The speed falls in D-stock category instead of H-stock, which is quite a lot faster. The layout we had last weekend would have required some 3rd-gear action from the 6-speed though! It was rather fast.

I think mazda built the 3 cars around those classes. The car does rather well, even at the national level in both categories. We picked some winners!

I just wish my car came with your swaybars from the factory. lol

-Eric
I must admit the speed3 is nice. I love the power when I pull out into traffic. The only thing I don't like is all of the torque steer when you really accelerate. I guess 265hp will do that. lol
Pillzee is offline Find More Posts by Pillzee
Old Mar 26, 2011, 07:23 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillzee View Post
I must admit the speed3 is nice. I love the power when I pull out into traffic. The only thing I don't like is all of the torque steer when you really accelerate. I guess 265hp will do that. lol
What is that?? I don't think my Vette came with any.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Mar 26, 2011, 09:01 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,456 Posts
Do You Like Waffles? ♫ (0 min 31 sec)
Old Mar 26, 2011, 09:49 PM
Washougal, Washington, United States
Joined Jan 2004
1,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
What is that?? I don't think my Vette came with any.
You have to pay extra to get that.
balsabuster2004 is offline Find More Posts by balsabuster2004
Old Mar 26, 2011, 10:03 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsabuster2004 View Post
You have to pay extra to get that.
It's a "Feature"
Old Mar 26, 2011, 10:12 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
A123s are pretty simple to use. Just make sure you document usage for a while and get a good conservative average mAh per flight. Then you will have an idea of how many flights is safe. There is also a new type of tester that claims to be able to indicate capacity but I haven't seen one in person yet. These batteries can handle quick charges and can deliver quite a lot without worring about any problems. Good choice for that 50cc plane.

Oh yeah, don't try to charge them below 40*. They can die and are not recoverable for some reason.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Mar 26, 2011, 10:20 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
A123s are pretty simple to use. Just make sure you document usage for a while and get a good conservative average mAh per flight. Then you will have an idea of how many flights is safe. There is also a new type of tester that claims to be able to indicate capacity but I haven't seen one in person yet. These batteries can handle quick charges and can deliver quite a lot without worring about any problems. Good choice for that 50cc plane.

Oh yeah, don't try to charge them below 40*. They can die and are not recoverable for some reason.
Thanks PB.... I know my Accucel has tons of battery types, is this under the LiFe type?
Old Mar 26, 2011, 10:22 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Thanks PB.... I know my Accucel has tons of battery types, is this under the LiFe type?

Yes, LiFe. Let me know if you need any help.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966