HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 21, 2011, 10:20 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
What you got powering the Eagle 2 PB I have a Kit, was hoping to get a K&B 60 on it, Knife Edge trainer.

I just have a very old OS .46 SF on her, but I must say, she has been a solid runner. She will not quite sustain a hover though!! The good news is, she is very neutral, and when my elevator linkage came off a couple of weeks ago, I was able to land her without so much as a broken prop! Really! No friggin' elevator and she landed! That says a lot about a plane if you ask me!!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2011, 05:11 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
I just have a very old OS .46 SF on her, but I must say, she has been a solid runner. She will not quite sustain a hover though!! The good news is, she is very neutral, and when my elevator linkage came off a couple of weeks ago, I was able to land her without so much as a broken prop! Really! No friggin' elevator and she landed! That says a lot about a plane if you ask me!!
That is very cool.....I would say you had the CG spot on to pull that off. That could have been a pile soo easy, your stick skills no doubt paid off.

I want one to learn to do this stuff with.
SCRC Knife Edge Trainer (3 min 33 sec)
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Mar 22, 2011, 07:51 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,545 Posts
First flight of the season

Kerwin50, glad to hear you got out and flew, even if it was shaky. As long as landings equal takeoffs (as my brother likes to say) then all is good. Last week we had one great weather day so I managed to get out my 4*40 and fly it a few times at lunch. I was shaky and it was a bit windy, but everything worked and my fingers didn't shake too much. The first flight of the season is always a little tense for me; that's why I start with a real easy plane like my 4*40.
Since that day we've had multiple inches of rain and hail and more rain expected today.
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Mar 22, 2011, 09:12 AM
Greenwood, IN
Joined Apr 2010
105 Posts
Got a question about engine selection. I have a couple engines in my inventory not being used.

Saito FA-65
OS 46FX
TT .61 Pro

What engine would you use in a Twist 40? It will be used for fun fly and possibly some mild 3D stuff.
GEARHEAD_ENG is online now Find More Posts by GEARHEAD_ENG
Old Mar 22, 2011, 09:33 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
That is very cool.....I would say you had the CG spot on to pull that off. That could have been a pile soo easy, your stick skills no doubt paid off.

I want one to learn to do this stuff with.
http://vimeo.com/5471968
\

Make your control surfaces a little bigger on the Eagle 2 and you will have no problems with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEARHEAD_ENG View Post
Got a question about engine selection. I have a couple engines in my inventory not being used.

Saito FA-65
OS 46FX
TT .61 Pro

What engine would you use in a Twist 40? It will be used for fun fly and possibly some mild 3D stuff.
Tough call, I'm thinking TT.61.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Mar 22, 2011, 11:48 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
\

Make your control surfaces a little bigger on the Eagle 2 and you will have no problems with that.

Me too - TT .61

I just received this email today --

Dear Mr. Morris:

Thank you for your recent letter regarding model aircraft and the FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act (S. 223). I appreciate having the benefit of your comments on this important matter.

As you may know, during Senate consideration of S. 223, Senator Inhofe proposed an amendment to exempt model aircraft used for recreational, sport, competition or academic purposes from regulations or policies set forth by the FAA. I support common-sense policies that relieve citizens of excessive and unnecessary regulation. You will be pleased to learn that Senator Inhofe's amendment passed with unanimous support and was included in the Senate-passed version of S. 223.

I appreciate having the opportunity to represent you in the United States Senate. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Sincerely,
JOHN CORNYN
United States Senator
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Mar 22, 2011, 11:53 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,968 Posts
Funny Vid Dog LOL Thats great and When I snapped the wing off my eagle the first time which was probably a good year into flying it, when I rebuilt it I built it Flat and it flew just as great. so thats the way I kept it

Plow Thats what impressed me the most with those Eagles they can Glide forever and ever and ever and ever and ever That must have been a thrill to watch land with no elevator control, saying over and over to yourself the whole time "come on girl, just a little further" as she was coming in LOL until the final Pheeeewwwwww wow

Gearhead, I flew mine with a OS 70 4 stroke and loved it so the Saito 65 I'm sure would rock this plane as well, but my heart is with the OS 61 now, I think any of those motors will be fine, I don't know if the 46FX will be enough to all 3D type stuff the 46AX maybe, but you will love the 61 choice in the end. I'm sure some others will weigh in on the 46 as others are using them and loving it, so its all personal preference on what you want it to do.

Mschulz The 4*40 is an awesome plane too glad you got out there and knocked some rust off, musta been fabulous
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Mar 22, 2011, 12:44 PM
Greenwood, IN
Joined Apr 2010
105 Posts
Quote:
\

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia
\
Me too - TT .61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe
\
Gearhead, I flew mine with a OS 70 4 stroke and loved it so the Saito 65 I'm sure would rock this plane as well, but my heart is with the OS 61 now, I think any of those motors will be fine, I don't know if the 46FX will be enough to all 3D type stuff the 46AX maybe, but you will love the 61 choice in the end. I'm sure some others will weigh in on the 46 as others are using them and loving it, so its all personal preference on what you want it to do.
Looks like you all agree that TT .61 Pro would be a good choice for the Twist.

I originally planned to put it in an Areoworks Edge 540T but the FA-65 might be better suited for that seeing it doesn't really need all that power for 3D like the Twist would.
GEARHEAD_ENG is online now Find More Posts by GEARHEAD_ENG
Last edited by GEARHEAD_ENG; Mar 22, 2011 at 01:09 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 12:51 PM
USA, AR, Austin
Joined Jun 2009
326 Posts
Gearhead I fly T---T 40 with a OS 46FX. It has enough power to do anything that I can do, but I don't know how to fly 3D.

Waynemia I received much the same e-mail form each of the Arkansas senators.

This would be a good day to fly,but 25-30mph wind kind of takes the fun out of it.
tower flyer is offline Find More Posts by tower flyer
Old Mar 22, 2011, 04:11 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Welcome gearhead. Your motor selection should be based on throttle response, The TT 61 would be a good choice if it has good throttle response. Some TT 61 lacked that. If thats the case then go with either the 65 or 46.

Now I fly a twist 40 with an OS 61. I like the throttle response of the 61 along with the thrust vectoring.
I'm planning on installing a TT pro 46 on twist 2 as david does very well hovering with his on a 46. I'be using a 12.75/3.25 prop.
I love flying in the wind as long as it's 25 an under. Thats the reason for my second twist as when it gets windy I can't find anyone to fly with, so once I get it fixed they can fly it.

I got really busy today running errands and it's to windy for my parkflyers. And tomorrow I got to run to Kansas City.

O Snowman Snowman where are you
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Last edited by kerwin50; Mar 22, 2011 at 04:16 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 04:46 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,069 Posts
I have a few AR6100e's that I picked up cheap and I don't have any planes for them. I'll sell them for $25 shipped if anyone wants one.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Mar 22, 2011, 05:05 PM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,586 Posts
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Old Mar 22, 2011, 06:01 PM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,977 Posts
I have started building a Stampe SV-4B while waiting for parts to finish the CAP 231 EX. The build thread is here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1411031

I haven't posted all that much building yet, but I'm working on it. This was to be the project to finish off winter, but it is pretty clear that Spring is going to spring long before I am finished, even though it snowed again yesterday. These Bipes are a LOT of work.
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
Old Mar 22, 2011, 06:10 PM
Fly now crash later
Canada, ON, Newmarket
Joined Nov 2006
2,248 Posts
Here's what happens when you reverse the ailerons. I bought the plane off a guy in our club. You can here him say he misses it at the start. I was so focused on working the ailerons I didn't watch the speed and miss interpreted a wing tip stall for the ailerons being reversed and put it in just a few feet short of the runway.
I thought I got lucky, It didn't look like it went in too hard. I broke, CF wing tube, CF LG, cowl, wheel pants, LG mounting block and the area around the the wing mount all came loose and busted up the rudder mount pretty good.

Reversed ailerons (1 min 4 sec)
davecrash is offline Find More Posts by davecrash
Old Mar 22, 2011, 06:24 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
I heard that plane likes speed.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50