HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 22, 2010, 05:12 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Dog my projects this year I think are going to be an Ultimate Bipe, I already have a kit, 4 star 60, and converting my PT 20 trainer into a OS 25 swept wing with Twin Estes Rocket engine power tubes mounted on it, and then possibly a twin engine something or B-17, B-52 type thing or my first Turbine Jet. we'll have to see how this year goes after the Holiday season and if we finally get someone to buy our house so we can move.
My projects are not near as cool, I just have a very old what looks to be a Sig Ultimate bipe <Restore> that is going Gasser, an RC America Extra 300 <restore> 80 inch gasser and a Extra 330 55 inch going electric. I also got this Primo 40 and a Goldberg Eagle 2. Soo many planes......
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 22, 2010, 06:17 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Wayne Good luck with the Sales Gotta keep moving product to get newer product lol.
I have two Easy Stars in construction, faster to do them two at a time. Hardware is missing from one of them One is for a club member who plans to give it to his brother.

I ordered a H-9 F4U Corsair today, need to decide on an engine now. Maybe a 15-20CC gas engine or Saito 1.25?

Still waiting for floats for the Fun Cub.

Magic part deux is waiting for me, along with the UCD46, Slow Stick, and auto gyro kit for the Slow Stick.

Drop/smoke/FPV mods for the Kadet.

I cut patterns to make an EZ* clone.

I sold my original Zagi. Trying to sell Barbie (without the engine).

Anyway, plenty of stuff to do.

I plan to get the YAK to the field tomorrow.

Happy Holidays Ya'll.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Nov 22, 2010, 06:25 PM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
I have two Easy Stars in construction, faster to do them two at a time. Hardware is missing from one of them One is for a club member who plans to give it to his brother.

I ordered a H-9 F4U Corsair today, need to decide on an engine now. Maybe a 15-20CC gas engine or Saito 1.25?

Still waiting for floats for the Fun Cub.

Magic part deux is waiting for me, along with the UCD46, Slow Stick, and auto gyro kit for the Slow Stick.

Drop/smoke/FPV mods for the Kadet.

I cut patterns to make an EZ* clone.

I sold my original Zagi. Trying to sell Barbie (without the engine).

Anyway, plenty of stuff to do.

I plan to get the YAK to the field tomorrow.

Happy Holidays Ya'll.
see ya around noon
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Old Nov 22, 2010, 06:43 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Now I need a stinkin' low-profile, metal gear retract servo with about 200oz/in of torque that operates on 6V and isn't a Hitec.

I need some recommendations please. I am not having any luck.

The recommended JR servo only works on 4.8V!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is up with that? Separate battery? Regulator? I have not found a good alternative. It has to be a low profile.

Well, looks like the only thing to do is to stick another battery in there...
Last edited by waynemia; Nov 22, 2010 at 08:00 PM.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 12:59 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,856 Posts
hmm... I don't know much about retract servos cuz I'm still a noob with no money for such things... However, has anyone tried the power hd servos? They have tons of torque while asking surprisingly little for the pocket book. I plan to get some standard size metal gear analogs at valuehobby.com for my edge 540. They are only 13.30 a pop and have almost 200 oz/in of torque. The digital version is also reasonably priced, but still too expensive for me right now.
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Nov 23, 2010, 01:24 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,497 Posts
How about an lm 7805 for a cheap light regulator
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Nov 23, 2010, 02:31 AM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,455 Posts
Its really cold here

I mean really cold

not normal cold here

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/CABC0317
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 23, 2010, 04:03 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22 View Post
Its really cold here

I mean really cold

not normal cold here

Well.... it is Canada
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Nov 23, 2010, 05:37 AM
Fly now crash later
Canada, ON, Newmarket
Joined Nov 2006
2,245 Posts
Quote:
Its really cold here

I mean really cold

not normal cold here

It's 13 today over here in Toronto. Now that's a switch, were having warmer temps then you.
davecrash is offline Find More Posts by davecrash
Old Nov 23, 2010, 09:49 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,746 Posts
David and DaveCrash I'm sure its not, but it feels like around 50 -60 here right now, Sorry my Northern brothers, Brrrrr were getting the cold blast starting tonight. This Saturday is suppose to be around 30 here with high winds stong gusts and snow flurries and showers. This could be our last weekend for the season if we get hit with a storm next week.

Dog those are very exciting and cool projects, Sig Ultimate bipe and the extra restoration, very cool I love doing restorations as much as new builds. along with the electric conversion mod and I would love to build an Eagle to have in my hanger again also.

Wayne Very cool list of fun also, a Kadet with smoke too LOL I have the FPV the rocket launcher and the drop hatch, I never thought of smoke on her.
I'll have to look and see what my Low profile retract servo is when I get home I've forgotten its been so long since I've actually looked at it and read who its by, lol

Speaking of which I never posted my Kadet and Ultra Stik Restore I just did, I'll get to that this week sometime, as right now we are in Pie making mode again for the holidays, Rolled out 75 doughs last night for crusts and another 90 or so to go tonight we had to stop the orders at 200 this year and people are still hoping to get some pies from us so they are on a wait list but its not going to happen.
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Nov 23, 2010, 09:58 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Waldo - Pies, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I am on a diet.

Kerwin, yes, I have a lot of regulator ICs. I could but an LDO reg in but there are some horror stories about the retract servo jamming and sucking the voltage down. The result is the whole plane goes out. A separate power source would solve that problem anyway.

Brathanke, It has to be a low-profile servo. Also, retract servos lock at each end and usually have 180 degrees of travel. When locked, they pull very little current. A proportional servo would not be as good.

I also need a 1/8 scale American WWII fighter Pilot. Not having a lot of luck with that either. Trying to fine one that does not look like it just saw a space alien.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 12:12 PM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
4,962 Posts
Certainly some crazy weather for sure. That tornado you guys probably saw on the news, in Illinois, missed my house by only a few miles but did get one of my fellow fliers home. Really sux but thank god everyone is ok. It even flipped over a school bus right down the road. Someone upstairs was looking out for the kids though. New meaning for Thanksgiving for sure!!!!
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old Nov 23, 2010, 12:46 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,552 Posts
Heya Snow....

Kewin...sorry bro..

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Some guy in Houston is interested in the Extra. If you come up, I may send it back with you.
Going this weeknd

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
No, but you can go too heavy.
There's no replacement for displacement

Quote:
I need some of that special air tool oil to store some engines
Marvel brand....Walmart etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
clarence lee or how ever you spell his name can do a pdp mod for it real cheap he is the guy that designed that engine
Thats a great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Moving day! I still have an insane amount of work to do. I'll see you clowns in a week or so.
Good luck brosky...Holla

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome back fellas. Good to see ya all again.
Sup foo.....you been busy boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
For any interested I also found this thread on RCU about a guy that makes custom rings. He sells them installed on your piston cheaper than I can buy a replacement one from mecoa. And, he promises an increase in power and run time over the stock rings. Looks like he makes a ring for just about any ringed engine. I though it was a good find.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9107979/printable.htm
Bowman is the ONLY way to go when you work your engines over. I have bought from him many times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY View Post
And then there are those of us that keeps an eye on the trash can at the field. Someone wrecks a plane and tosses it in the trash, the vultures (myself included) will circle the can till they think nobody is looking and then SWOOP in for the prize!!
This is my latest dumpster dive repair job. Waiting on a new canopy
The TrashcanUltimate is still hanging in the shop and ready to fly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer View Post
see ya around noon
I cant make it......dangit
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old Nov 23, 2010, 12:52 PM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
4,962 Posts
Sup Daddio, yeah trying to stay busy. Crazy weather, tornados, cold. Same ole same ole
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old Nov 23, 2010, 01:53 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,856 Posts
I don't know if they have any planes left but I just got one of these coming in the mail.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1332607

cost + shipping = 21.50
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater