HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2010, 04:45 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,123 Posts
David.......I am impressed as well! Are you telling me that that is the rig you took to the clouds with? Ok, batteries, motors, ESC's, BEC's, I want to know everything! Where did you get the awesome antenna? What about the mods you made to the TX......were those your own?

Oh, Plow.........I too have only been involved with RC for a little over three years........and I am self-taught.........so don't go putting that lame excuse out there this early so that you can come back to it when you lose this low-down-ho-down!

Fixn'.........have things stablized yet? Mid-continental earthquakes, huh? What's up with that! Next thing you know we'll have tsunamis in Lake Superior! Crap.....there goes my camp! (Maybe I should up my insurance?......Naw.....I despise insurance men.......such parasites! They produce nothing........only prey on man being predisposed to thinking the worst of everything!)
Anyway.......Cheers........here's to the earth staying steady under your feet!

Waldo.......did you get the day off? I'm so thankful all this crappy weather is heading south of us! We get our share. Enjoy the time off! SNOW DAY........WITH PAY! YEAH!!!!
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2010, 05:21 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Excuses snowman? Really? Let's see...."I went out and flew with my daughter filming but didn't get any video for the hover down".. when it was just David and you. Then my favorite.."oh theres only one nano second of viewable film of me almost hovering but more like crashing because my buddy (who's a 35mm photographer) couldn't keep the plane in frame"...maybe if you coulda held the plane still long enough he could have gotten something!! Thats why my vids are flights and not snippets. You get to see the good the bad and the ugly!! Show us the vids of you ten feet off the ground too! C'mon man, I'm getting a little tired of being the only one who's putting himself out there to be criticised. You're killin' me. ...wow, we're startin' to fight like real brothers! Luv ya man!

David, hurry up and get that information to snowman. I think he wants to fly around up there in the clouds and stay as far away from the ground as possible!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Last edited by plowboy1966; Feb 10, 2010 at 05:29 PM.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 05:44 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
So the subject is women....is it? Well, I know NOTHING about that subject......not a frickn' thing.....ask my wife.....she'll tell ya! All I do know about women is that they can't exist without some type of tension in their lives....and if they don't have any.......they go out and make some!

If it wasn't for my wife I'd be a bachelor!

There's this young man in one of my classes.......28 single....owns an old farmstead (33 acres) with workshop, barn, and house. The guy's hunting dogs sit on the sofa with him. He does dishes when he needs to. He has his rifles and guns where they can easily be accessed for a quick coyote kill out any of the windows......and he tells me he's lookin' for a good woman....like my wife, but younger(he works with her)....I looked him straight in the eye and asked if he was loco! "Don't give it all up for some poontang.......it ain't worth it!" I tell him, but his eyes are glazed over and he ain't hearing me. He's thinking about snuggling up to all that softy goodness! What a waste....another perfectly good bachelor in his death throes! The effect that the female pheromones have on the opposite sex is devastating!

WELCOME MARS ROVER!
Snowman, maybe you should show him this. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_417976.html
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Feb 10, 2010, 06:10 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Roman View Post
Here is my Hover vid with my new HexaTwist. Has a fully automatic flight capability with GPS guidance. Pretty unbelieveable!

http://mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/VideoAbspielen?id=188
OK, get me one!
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Feb 10, 2010, 06:31 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
R Diddy, that thing is KEWL!! Think of the military applications. Humm..special delivery Mr. Brutal Dictator...BOOM!! LOL

Scary!
Old Feb 10, 2010, 06:31 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,123 Posts
Plow, I'm sorry I can't live up to your expectations, but I can hardly live up to my own! I reckon this smack talkin' is getting old not just for you and I, but for the rest of our T_ _ _Ted brotherhood as well. I won't be dishin' it out until I have the proof you need.......cause I'm bored with it.....I'm a lover.....not a smacktalker! I honestly don't know when I'll get out to fly next......life is busy. Can't ya just feel the love? Big Cold and Clamy Kisses from this great frozen wasteland!
Old Feb 10, 2010, 06:33 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,123 Posts
Did the above posting give ya that icky feeling deep inside your groin? eeewwwwwwwww
Old Feb 10, 2010, 06:44 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
EEEWWWWWWWEEEEEE I feel like Bill Murray in the first GhostBusters..."he slimed me"!! LOL
Old Feb 10, 2010, 06:56 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,606 Posts
EEEEeeeeWWWwwwwww........

But the HexaCopter thingamajiggy was just sicko wasnt it???

Quote:
..."he slimed me"!!
Better you than me...
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old Feb 10, 2010, 07:29 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,123 Posts
So Dad......are you really going to snatch one up? Be the first one on the block to own one..........then test fly it for awhile and let me know if I should get one! You the man!
Old Feb 10, 2010, 07:33 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,606 Posts
Keepin up with the Jones's...
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old Feb 10, 2010, 07:36 PM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
5,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
So Dad......are you really going to snatch one up? Be the first one on the block to own one..........then test fly it for awhile and let me know if I should get one! You the man!
Shoot, I would bet that it would take a few of us pitching in on that to afford it. Was there a price anywhere? Not the robot, the heli
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old Feb 10, 2010, 07:45 PM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,475 Posts
[QUOTE=snowman;14316217]David.......I am impressed as well! Are you telling me that that is the rig you took to the clouds with? Ok, batteries, motors, ESC's, BEC's, I want to know everything! Where did you get the awesome antenna? What about the mods you made to the TX......were those your own?

QUOTE]

you are tricking me again like that first hover video

right?
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 10, 2010, 07:50 PM
ProBro, 3D
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Jul 2008
946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Rover View Post
I flew a Twist for 2-1/2 seasons and liked it. After too many repairs, I built a new fuselage for it. The wings, stab and elevator are by H9 but the vertical surfaces are by me. Similarly equipped, the Abomination (A-Bom for short) is about a pound lighter than the Twist and it flew great all last season. I'm happy with it.
Mars welcome! nice FrankenTwist Seriously, looks great. Can't wait to see a video to see how it flys, I'm guessing the profile gives you great knife performance, probably a bit lighter and should really make it a 3D flyer. DG
gregory.da is offline Find More Posts by gregory.da
Old Feb 10, 2010, 08:26 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Roman View Post
EEEEeeeeWWWwwwwww........

But the HexaCopter thingamajiggy was just sicko wasnt it???

Better you than me...

I want to buy their IPO!!!